• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

If you could choose any hc, who would it be?
I've said and maintained that I would like to see Ben McAdoo given the opportunity to take the reigns. Young, up and coming coordinator that's done exceptional work with the Giants offense and Eli Manning in the two years he's been with us. It may be a bit "early" for some, but I'll take young with a big ceiling over a retread. I'm not falling over at the prospect of a Sean Payton coming in. Or Cowher for that matter.

MechDX

Holy shit lol.

To think that could've been us, thank you for your sacrifice friend. Let us enjoy the 4-year contact Pagano will sign today.

l

Um Spin? Colts 2016 schedule:

Home opponents: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh

Away opponents: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, Green Bay, Minnesota, New York Jets

You get the Steelers while Texans get the Bengals. Kind of washes out Texans getting pats while Indy gets the Jets

It was perfection. You are a fool and probably a Texans fan if you think that Star Wars became the biggest movie franchise of all time because of its clever screenplay. 99% of complaints about TFA are basically "but this is fucking star wars and I wanted something else that is factually inferior because I suck!". If you didn't cry tears of unadulterated joy when *spoiler time*
Rey picks up lightsaber
then you have failed my personal test for whether or not you are a decent human being.

Don't listen to the negative nancy's on GAF who will shit on any movie other then the ones that actually suck balls like Speed Racer and the first Captain America movie.
Agree 100%, brother. That part you spoilered hit me squarely in the nostalgia, it was simply beautiful.

Fox318

Dega buying out NFL-GAF?

gaQLQ18.gif

Hunter S.

Tabris, join me in pledging allegiance to OUR Denver Broncos, it's easy, just look at these guys. They both are doing what's best for Denver, I think we need to do the same.

osweiler_manning_CP_151223.jpg

YES!YES!

tumblr_nm63ds5g3M1qcs7p4o1_500.gif

Tabris will just be a fantasy fan when Pa Pa de Pey Pey his risen to Mount Olympus.

Jezbollah

Thank you, Coach Coughlin.

MGS3.jpg

“I met with John Mara and Steve Tisch this afternoon, and I informed them that it is in the best interest of the organization that I step down as head coach. I strongly believe the time is right for me and my family, and as I said, the Giants organization.

“It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as head coach of the New York Football Giants. This is a not a sad occasion for me. I have spent 15 years with this organization as an assistant and head coach and was fortunate to be part of three Super Bowl winning teams. A Lombardi Trophy every five years is an achievement in which we all take great pride.

“Obviously, the past three years have not been what any of us expect, and as head coach, I accept the responsibility for those seasons.

“I think it has been evident these last 12 years here how much pride I take in representing this franchise. I am gratified and proud that we were able to deliver two more Lombardi trophies to the display case in our lobby during that time. That is a tribute to our players and staff, and it was truly fulfilling to be the leader of those teams.

“I appreciate the support of John and his family and Steve and his family, and of Jerry Reese and his staff. I think our organization is a great representation of what I mean when I talk about ‘team’.

“Finally, I would be remiss if I did not thank my wife Judy and our four children and their spouses and our 11 (soon to be 12) grandchildren. None of this would have been possible without their unconditional love and support.”

Tom Coughlin

Spinluck

It was perfection. You are a fool and probably a Texans fan if you think that Star Wars became the biggest movie franchise of all time because of its clever screenplay. 99% of complaints about TFA are basically "but this is fucking star wars and I wanted something else that is factually inferior because I suck!". If you didn't cry tears of unadulterated joy when *spoiler time*
Rey picks up lightsaber
then you have failed my personal test for whether or not you are a decent human being.

Don't listen to the negative nancy's on GAF who will shit on any movie other then the ones that actually suck balls like Speed Racer and the first Captain America movie.

That moment was one of the best moments in Star Wars history.

The music that hit at that scene, Finn fighting for Rey, the isolated dark snowy setting, and Rey having that unsure but brave demeanor to her while simultaneously realizing her destiny.

It was pretty great.

You know Bionic, you aren't so bad after all. I think I'll invite you over to rewatch the prequels sometime. Foods on me.

bionic77

Agree 100%, brother. That part you spoilered hit me squarely in the nostalgia, it was simply beautiful.
I already knew you were cool when you said you liked Fire Emblem before it became cool to like it.

This just cements your place as someone that is awesome.

Your parents should be proud that their sexual intercourse resulted in such a fine and outstanding young person such as yourself!

Draxal

I've said and maintained that I would like to see Ben McAdoo given the opportunity to take the reigns. Young, up and coming coordinator that's done exceptional work with the Giants offense and Eli Manning in the two years he's been with us. It may be a bit "early" for some, but I'll take young with a big ceiling over a retread. I'm not falling over at the prospect of a Sean Payton coming in. Or Cowher for that matter.

Same.

harSon

Banned
Rey picks up lightsaber

Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 55s55 seconds ago
Coughlin decided to step down before Giants asked if he wanted to stay, per source. Coughlin will remain active, open to listening to teams.

Eleuin

Packers to unveil new offense featuring Mason Crosby at QB and Mike Daniels at LT

Proceed to lose only by a FG instead of a TD

squicken

Giants are the kind of team that can make Shaw and Fitzgerald at least consider leaving, while CLE can't even get their calls returned. I wouldn't be so quick to settle for McAdoo

Rey picks up lightsaber

The second time I saw the spoilered I was still pumped as shit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

If you bring in Payton or Cowher, you're expecting to win right now. I feel like the Giants are going to be in a rebuild for a few years. That said, it's always risky giving a coordinator the job. Don't know how he'll take to the responsibilities.

Godslay

Banned
YES!YES!

tumblr_nm63ds5g3M1qcs7p4o1_500.gif

Tabris will just be a fantasy fan when Pa Pa de Pey Pey his risen to Mount Olympus.

I don't care if it's Papa John, Oz, or Trevor Semen that plays. The end goal is still the same. We just need Tabris to pledge allegiance to the Broncos so that he has just as much skin in the game as we do. I think it's only fair if you are going to root for a player that plays for the Denver Broncos.

I really hope that he can be on board like the rest of us.

bionic77

That moment was one of the best moments in Star Wars history.

The music that hit at that scene, Finn fighting for Rey, the isolated dark snowy setting, and Rey having that unsure but brave demeanor to her while simultaneously realizing her destiny.

It was pretty great.

You know Bionic, you aren't so bad after all. I think I'll invite you over to rewatch the prequels sometime. Foods on me.
Spin don't be seduced to the dark side.

Your thoughts betray you. I can feel the good in you. You are having second thoughts about being an asshole and are thinking about Chick Fil A for dinner. Listen to the force Spin and do what is right. Don't let the dark side (Irsay) win.

Come back to the light. We have friend chicken and star wars here. The dark side has salad and Pats fans.

Choose wisely!

OMG Future boutta roast Russ in his next mixtape, PLS I am not emotionally strong enough for this disrespect to my QB!! *fades away

The two kings of New Atlanta, Future AKA Future Vandross AKA Future Hendrix and Cameron Jerrell Newton should collab on a Russell Wilson diss track.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 55s55 seconds ago
Coughlin decided to step down before Giants asked if he wanted to stay, per source. Coughlin will remain active, open to listening to teams.

Tom Coughlin, your next head coach of the Eagles.

TFA was fabulous except for Kylo Ren, that guy..... -_-

I actually like him as a character...
granted, the idea of someone being strong with the dark side of the force, but being emotionally unstable and not yet fully trained could lead to some cliched place, I liked the implementation in TFA.
That Emo Kylo Ren twitter account slays me though.

bionic77

The second time I saw the spoilered I was still pumped as shit.
I felt that way the 3rd time!

Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens
I am going to be nice and assume that > doesn't mean what you think it means.

Also all rational human beings know that the prequels never happened. Just like 4 years of football over the past 15 years. We were all just on vacation.

I already knew you were cool when you said you liked Fire Emblem before it became cool to like it.

This just cements your place as someone that is awesome.

Your parents should be proud that their sexual intercourse resulted in such a fine and outstanding young person such as yourself!
:jnc

You flatter me with your kindness! I don't think I'll be relaying that message to my parents but the sentiment is appreciated.

Giants are the kind of team that can make Shaw and Fitzgerald at least consider leaving, while CLE can't even get their calls returned. I wouldn't be so quick to settle for McAdoo

What in my statement makes you think that anyone is "settling" for Ben McAdoo? Let me be clear - I think Ben MacAdoo is the right man for the Giants job or I wouldn't be as bullish on having him take over the position. Shaw? Fitzgerald? The Giants are not an organization that goes diving into the college ranks for their head coaches normally. Not to mention those coaches would be coming into an organization that would give them very little in the way of personnel control. That's the Giants structure and they aren't changing it for anyone.

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you, sir.

Some lucky team is going to get a hell of a head coach if Coughlin does indeed continue his career.

Draxal

I wouldn't consider it settling, there's alot to like about McAdoo.

Also, the Mara's are well respected, but the roster we have currently is trash and the job isn't nearly as attractive it would been.

squicken

jnc. No way that could ever happen. TC has accomplished so much in the NFL, no way would he come work under some weasel like Howie.

I was kinda thinking he would be the very guy who could smash Howie once and for all. But Indy makes too much sense if he wants to stay in the game

bionic77

Empire Strikes Back > The Force Awakens.

Sorry, but it's true people.
This is an acceptable opinion.

Better not to choose between the two though.

I don't ask my Mormon friends which wife they love more. I don't ask my friends with kids which kids they love more. And I don't ask Star Wars fans if they love Empire or TFA more.

Coughlin's statement:

"I met with John Mara and Steve Tisch this afternoon, and I informed them that it is in the best interest of the organization that I step down as head coach. I strongly believe the time is right for me and my family, and as I said the Giants organization.

"It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as head coach of the New York Football Giants. This is not a said occasion for me. I have spent 15 years with this organization as an assistant and head coach and was fortunate to be part of three Super Bowl-winning teams. A Lombardi Trophy every five years is an achievement in which we all take great pride.

"Obviously, the past three years have not been what any of us expect, and as head coach, I accept the responsibility for those seasons."

Press conference tomorrow at 10:30am:

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 56s57 seconds ago
Giants say they will have a 10:30 am news conference Tuesday with John Mara, Steve Tisch, Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin.

Also:

@AKinkhabwala: Told that Giants GM Jerry Reese is indeed safe

Not that that's a surprise in the least bit.

Top Bottom