• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

"Colin Kaepernick said an MRI of his right thumb showed ligament damage and he may need surgery. He said injury occurred against Seattle. He has already undergone surgery on his left shoulder for a torn labrum."

Only the San Francisco Forty Niners can discover a surgery-needing injury on a player who has been on IR for six weeks.

#Pray4FMT

I was kinda thinking he would be the very guy who could smash Howie once and for all. But Indy makes too much sense if he wants to stay in the game

Howie is fucking Rasputin. No one can kill him for good. Even if he gets demoted he will just hide in the shadows and whisper into Luries ear. First sign of trouble Lurie will panic and bring Howie back.

Hunter S.

I don't care if it's Papa John, Oz, or Trevor Semen that plays. The end goal is still the same. We just need Tabris to pledge allegiance to the Broncos so that he has just as much skin in the game as we do. I think it's only fair if you are going to root for a player that plays for the Denver Broncos.

I really hope that he can be on board like the rest of us.

As much as I love a Broncos fan for being an upstanding citizen. Tabris is the bad boy of Broncos GAF. The one brought up to talk shit about the whole troop. We might live in harmony without him. Still we talk all, even Tabby! #OrangeandBlueNation

squicken

fox I like that cruise-atar! Using it either way. Thanks!
I wouldn't consider it settling, there's alot to like about McAdoo.

Also, the Mara's are well respected, but the roster we have currently is trash and the job isn't nearly as attractive it would been.

You guys really like McAdoo! Like chuck said, you never know if an assistant coach is going to be able to take the next step. The Giants are the kind of team that doesn't have to make high risk hires, which I think McAdoo is. NY is a tough town and there will be rebuilding

Crisco

Banned
Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but it would have probably been smarter to keep Tillman on the bench and let his replacement take some lumps in our final games of the season. Going into the playoffs with only two reasonably experienced corners is scary. Gettleman and company have some work to do rebuilding this secondary after the season, especially if Norman leaves for more money elsewhere.

BigAT

Coach Coughlin.

Derek-Jeter-Nephew.gif

Furyous

I just want to thank Coach Coughlin for being such a great coach. He along with Elite Manning saved us from Cheatriot Armageddon twice by beating them. Tom is a class act and I wish him well wherever he goes. Is it me or is New York the perfect place for Sean Payton? Saints are looking for a mid round pick via trade Giants GM needs to get on it.

Bowser

Spotrac @spotrac
The #Saints may be able to acquire a 2nd round pick for HC Sean Payton, but they currently can't afford that pick's 2016 cap hit.

lulz

bionic77

I actually like how they are setting up Kylo and Rey to both become badasses and not just introduce them as fully developed force Gods. We are along for the journey to see how Kylo becomes a full fledged Pats fan and how Rey becomes Luke 2.0 to save the universe.

I think it is a fantastic way to set up the next movie.

Hopefully the first half of the movie is just Rey and Kylo just doing pointless exercises to 80s music in a 90 minute montage that sets up the final battle between students and masters. Basically Rocky with lightsabers!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
#Eagles have Tom Donahoe running personnel dept. for now. Source says they'll hire a personnel chief to run day-to-day operations soon.

I wonder who it will be.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jed York's press conference just ended on this:

"We need someone who can win a Super Bowl."

"Didn't you have that guy?"

"......................we haven't won a Super Bowl since 1994."

I just want everyone to appreciate this, it's rare someone so dumb isn't on the Browns or Lions

A Super Bowl loss is worse than what we have now apparently.

Godslay

Banned
As much as I love a Broncos fan for being an upstanding citizen. Tabris is the bad boy of Broncos GAF. The one brought up to talk shit about the whole troop. We might live in harmony without him. Still we talk all, even Tabby! #OrangeandBlueNation

He's never kissed the ring of the Broncos and it would be nice to have solidarity going into this playoff run.

Just get on board with the Broncos, like Peyton did and help everyone get a ring no matter who is the captain of the ship.

Is it too much to ask that he simply says that he'll back the Broncos for this run no matter who leads us there?

I don't think so, but I'm only one voice.

You guys really like McAdoo! Like chuck said, you never know if an assistant coach is going to be able to take the next step. The Giants are the kind of team that doesn't have to make high risk hires, which I think McAdoo is. NY is a tough town and there will be rebuilding
So David Shaw is a sure thing? Any head coaching hire is "high risk". Ask any of the eight teams in question that are likely going to be searching for a new head coach. Explain to me how promoting a coach from within that:

1. Is aware of the organizational structure.(separation of coach/front office, limited personnel control)
2. Has the respect of ownership according to many sources.
3. Has done excellent work with an laughably undermanned offense
4. Helped to rehabilitate Eli Manning after a disastrous 2013 campaign to two of his best statistical seasons.

....is more high risk than bringing in David Shaw?

I like how everyone in Miami is talking about how this time they'll get it right and will finally fix the franchise....so I guess they weren't really trying the last 15 years?

Giants/payton
Ian Rapoport
Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet
As #Saints coach Sean Payton mulls his future, let me state the obvious: Yes, he's monitoring the situation with the #Giants. Very closely.

From how they handle their operations Reese staying is a given. Hell he's going to be at the press conference tomorrow morning.

And yeah I wouldn't have a problem giving Mac a shot.

Draxal

fox I like that cruise-atar! Using it either way. Thanks!

I like Shaw as well, but it's a huge risk as well, Stanford has really good o-line play since Harbs came aboard, and while I love Beckham, Ed's boy Chris is even more of an impact player in college football.

I'll take a six month ban if the Giants give up a draft pick for Sean Payton.

I don't think Payton wants to come back, he got demoted under Fassel (when Fassel responded to pressure), that had to sting him a ton and I always thought he carried a grudge against the Giants for that (and it showed in Saints/Jints games).

@UTgehlken
Eric Weddle said he probably won't get reason why past couple weeks went as they did "because I probably won't ever speak to them [Chargers] again."

@UTgehlken
Eric Weddle said he probably won't get reason why past couple weeks went as they did "because I probably won't ever speak to them [Chargers] again."

He can feel free to speak to the Giants front office. A veteran quality FS to go along with Collins is just what the doctor ordered.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
It was perfection. You are a fool and probably a Texans fan if you think that Star Wars became the biggest movie franchise of all time because of its clever screenplay. 99% of complaints about TFA are basically "but this is fucking star wars and I wanted something else that is factually inferior because I suck!". If you didn't cry tears of unadulterated joy when *spoiler time*
Rey picks up lightsaber
then you have failed my personal test for whether or not you are a decent human being.

Don't listen to the negative nancy's on GAF who will shit on any movie other then the ones that actually suck balls like Speed Racer and the first Captain America movie.

I can form my own opinions thank you. While sitting watching the movie the entire time all i could think of was how this was a new hope remake.

Here, i'll form another one, you would have loved the Force Awakens even if it was 2 hours of Han and Luke double teaming Leia in the ass, you incest loving mother fucker.

Hunter S.

He's never kissed the ring of the Broncos and it would be nice to have solidarity going into this playoff run.

Just get on board with the Broncos, like Peyton did and help everyone get a ring no matter who is the captain of the ship.

Is it too much to ask that he simply says that he'll back the Broncos for this run no matter who leads us there?

I don't think so, but I'm only one voice.

I will be surprised if he does declare loyalty. 5 years of winning the West should sway a lot people. All is good though here. The pieces have really fallen our way this week.

btw, I think Gary will start Peyton. The team gained so much confidence with him in the game.

bionic77

I can form my own opinions thank you. While sitting watching the movie the entire time all i could think of was how this was a new hope remake.

Here, i'll form another one, you would have loved the Force Awakens even if it was 2 hours of Han and Luke double teaming Leia in the ass, you incest loving mother fucker.
I don't really believe this.

And deep down neither do you...

Draxal

Giant Legend

Sage Rosenfels ‏@SageRosenfels18 39m39 minutes ago
Dear next NY Giants coach,

There is nothing better than being a NY Football Giant.

Sincerely,

All former Giants #Gmen #BleedBlue

I will be surprised if he does declare loyalty. 5 years of winning the West should sway a lot people. All is good though here. The pieces have really fallen our way this week.

btw, I think Gary will start Peyton. The team gained so much confidence with him in the game.

This is false drama. If Peyton can play, he's starting. Everybody and their mom knows Brock Osweiller isn't carrying Denver to a Championship.

...Peyton might not either, but he's Peyton Manning.

Doug Marrone is going to interview for the Eagles job. WTF? I wouldnt let that guy anywhere near my team.

Also talk on wip that Griggson is going to be the guy to teach Howie how to be a GM once the Colts dump him. Maybe I should just buy a gun and off myself.

Bowser

Ladies and gentlemen...I present to you, the South:

Letters to the editor: Does Cam Newton’s unwed fatherhood set a bad example?

Cam should marry his son’s mother

In response to “The Chosen One: baby will change Cam’s life (Jan. 1):

So the man whom we celebrate, and with good reason, has produced a son. Congratulations would be in order if he had been man enough to marry the mother of his child and make a home. This happy occasion is blighted when Cam, whose own parents were married, skips the very basis of being a good parent.

I am just very sorry and very disappointed.

PATRICIA S. BRODERICK, MOORESVILLE

Broderick

Unwed fatherhood sets bad example

It is amazing that the birth of Cam Newton’s son by his girlfriend is a front-page story. The U.S. is seeing a rise in unmarried births and for the media to flash this as the greatest happening for Cam Newton is contrary to today’s family principles.

Cam is a role model to many of our young males, both white and black. The least that he and his longtime girlfriend could have done is to get married prior to giving birth to show his followers that not only is he a superstar, but also a person with high morals.

THOMAS UHL, MOORESVILLE

Godslay

Banned
This is false drama. If Peyton can play, he's starting. Everybody and their mom knows Brock Osweiller isn't carrying Denver to a Championship.

...Peyton might not either, but he's Peyton Manning.

By your own accounts neither could Peyton.

So here we are, between the rock and the hard place.

Top Bottom