• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

harSon

Banned
There doesn't only have to be one scumbag. Burfect is a known asshole, but Shazier dancing around like a clown after knocking a dude unconscious was scummy, and probably also pissed off the other team while your starting QB was still in the game. Good job, good effort, Shazier.

I think he was excited that the play was called a fumble.

Edit: Bengals fans the biggest scumbag of all?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Y'know the line "The crowd was even cheering as Ben was carted to the locker room", kind of sums up everything to the point where I don't need a recap.

PopeReal

So all players can lead with helmet on a runner? Well damn the Bengals should fuck some steelers up then.

And damn that Bengals crowd has lost it.

Eleuin

ku-xlarge.gif

asdad123

It's a clean hit with an intention to hurt. He drove him into the ground with all of his weight. It is what it is though. You're going to have a chippy hard hitting games with two division opponents facing off in the playoffs.

Drove him to the ground with all his weight? Are you kidding me? Ben was running back and fell with the Bengal on top. Nothing wrong with that hit.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I believe the difference is that helmet to helmet hits are allowed when it's tackler/runner. They happen all the time. When Adrian Peterson and a defender meet, they lower their heads and bang into each other's heads. The problem in this case is that this hit was absolutely on the finest line between "He's a defenseless receiver!" and "He's a runner!" which results in a brutal fucking hit, but one that by the rules was probably not a penalty.

You cannot initiate contact with the crown of your helmet.12-2-Article 8

Top Bottom