• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Disgusting fanbase.

image.php

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I believe the difference is that helmet to helmet hits are allowed when it's tackler/runner. They happen all the time. When Adrian Peterson and a defender meet, they lower their heads and bang into each other's heads. The problem in this case is that this hit was absolutely on the finest line between "He's a defenseless receiver!" and "He's a runner!" which results in a brutal fucking hit, but one that by the rules was probably not a penalty.

It gets tricky for sure when it comes to leading in with the helmet like Shazier did there. Earlier in the game I think it was Martivias Bryant who caught a pass in the redzone and got clocked by a Bengals safety coming across. I thought that was a clean play, he lead with his shoulder and happened to hit him in the head. Flag thrown when there was nothing that safety could've done at that speed between safety and wide receiver going full speed.

Giovanni Bernard got the ball on a check down which is much easier to read and a play that develops slower. Nazier could've reacted just as quickly without launching headfirst. It's instinctual for some defensive players though.

Just going by the rulebook I would rule that a personal foul but the rulebook is murky as hell and open to whatever officiated crew is calling the game that day.

We got ourselves a ballgame.

Top Bottom