• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Crisco

Banned
So why did the analysts get the Panthers so wrong? Before the season, you couldn't find an article that picked the Panthers to finish better than .500. That 7-8-1 record in 2014 loomed large and no one really thought we could be a dominant team this year. Most people acknowledged our defense would be fine, but totally discounted Cam and the offense after Benjamin was injured. I never really thought it made sense, as this was never a team constructed around elite receiving talent. We run the ball well, play good defense, and have one of the best QBs in the league. Granted, not in my wildest dreams did I see 15-1 with the #1 scoring offense, but I figured 11-12 wins should be doable based on Cam not playing with a bum ankle and broken bones.

Eli's press conference today mentioned earlier:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000616968/article/eli-manning-on-tom-coughlin-we-failed-him

Justin Tuck also posted up a nice instagram tribute:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAIlEIgJbGL/
:)

Even though I'm not really over being taken out in 2011 (well, jan 2012), always respected the Giants under Coughlin for playing the way they played.

Ready to root against the NFC North.
Don't be like that, friend! How does "Detroit Lions: road win against the super bowl champs" sound?

A dolphins fan here tried to convince me that is better than winning the super bowl a few years back!

Line_HTX

I completely forgot that all that talk about Cam taking big hits doesn't matter. Cam gives no fucks whatsoever and just either chucks it or runs it in for the TD.

So why did the analysts get the Panthers so wrong? Before the season, you couldn't find an article that picked the Panthers to finish better than .500. That 7-8-1 record in 2014 loomed large and no one really thought we could be a dominant team this year. Most people acknowledged our defense would be fine, but totally discounted Cam and the offense after Benjamin was injured. I never really thought it made sense, as this was never a team constructed around elite receiving talent. We run the ball well, play good defense, and have one of the best QBs in the league. Granted, not in my wildest dreams did I see 15-1 with the #1 scoring offense, but I figured 11-12 wins should be doable based on Cam not playing with a bum ankle and broken bones.

It's the same reason that analysts, in 2014, didn't think that the Panthers would go 7-8-1 in the worst conference in the league that season. Most analysts picked the Panthers to go 11-5 or 12-4, cruise through the division and be a Super Bowl favorite.

Before the season, most people have trouble imagining that bad teams are going to get much better (unless some big personnel moves are made, like how everybody was picking Miami, Philly, and Buffalo to be playoff contenders, while assuming the Jets would continue to win 3 or 4 games).

mr2xxx

Banned

The reason is they finished below .500 last year, then lost their best WR, released Hardy (not like he played much last year). They didn't add any FA that would make a splash in the off-season, and their rookies aren't players that would make an impact year one.

bionic77

Hitting up the gyms in January is the best. The place is always packed with young girls in yoga pants.
Boners limit the efficiency of your workout. This is not good advice.

Best to go when no one else is around, get your workout done, and then spend a productive 15 minutes posing in front of a mirror (shirts optional).

Oh yeah and steroids help.

WedgeX

Banned
Don't be like that, friend! How does "Detroit Lions: road win against the super bowl champs" sound?

A dolphins fan here tried to convince me that is better than winning the super bowl a few years back!

I am 45% sure that it occurring would result in a banner at Ford Field.

Tom Penny

Doubt many people thought Cam would double his passing TD and lower his INT from last year while being MVP...

KingBroly

Banned
It's the same reason that analysts, in 2014, didn't think that the Panthers would go 7-8-1 in the worst conference in the league that season. Most analysts picked the Panthers to go 11-5 or 12-4, cruise through the division and be a Super Bowl favorite.

Before the season, most people have trouble imagining that bad teams are going to get much better (unless some big personnel moves are made, like how everybody was picking Miami, Philly, and Buffalo to be playoff contenders, while assuming the Jets would continue to win 3 or 4 games).

Most teams picked the Redskins to be the worst team in the League, yet we displayed competency in most of our games.

JABEE

Whoever creates the offseason thread first is King.

Freeing us.

We need someone to lead the way.

DM used to be that guy. Too bad he believes his Bucs are still in this thing.

Line_HTX

Boners limit the efficiency of your workout. This is not good advice.

Best to go when no one else is around, get your workout done, and then spend a productive 15 minutes posing in front of a mirror (shirts optional).

Oh yeah and steroids help.

Steroids make your little brother smaller.

bionic77

Steroids make your little brother smaller.
True but the ladies and men will be so blinded by your massive biceps they probably even won't notice your half dead limp 3 incher.

It's all about trade offs. Giant wiener or rock hard Tebow body. Unless you are Tebow you can't have both.

Under a stable organization Hue would be so dangerous.

It would be an excellent hire, IMO if the Giants do move on from McAdoo. The guy has head coaching experience, he's taken Dalton to another level, a great mind for the game and has a way with players and an attitude that would fit the organization and the NY media.

The Giants would give him the time to develop his program and he's got Eli for another 3-4 years. I would be quite happy if that were to happen.

Eleuin

Elton Brand had a great piece on why he's signing with the 76ers

Some old has-been needs to come out of retirement and save the browns

1st round pick Gilbert needs help

Drakeon

So who's got the most attractive opening so far of the coaching jobs?

The list as far as I can tell is:
Dolphins
Titans
Browns
49ers
Eagles
Giants

Likely openings:
Colts

Possible openings:
Lions
Saints

Has to be the Colts or Giants right? Or am I crazy?

Top Bottom