• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

I was getting ready to put on a Seahawks jersey to support you and you call me a pleb?

That hurts Western.. Hurts.

Lol pls... you are already on the Seahawks bandwagon you're not a pleb.

And I was asking because i am sick and tired of reading Eagles shit in here.

Every week win or lose it is fucking Eagles talk. I thought the Cowboys were Americas team but if you look at this thread you would think the Eagles are.

Line_HTX

No offseason thread until the super bowl thread goes up. Then we stay in our fort and the casuals can fight it out and call players thugs in OT.

That was fun, leaving my friend's house after the craziness died down from the fighting, and then coming home 30 minutes later to see a ban message. Lesson learned.

Is Miami interviewing anyone else or are they one and done? And is the new GM doing the hiring or is Ross doing it?

Seems... like a very Dolphins thing to do...

I'm torn on Shanahan. On one hand, a Shanahan Dolphins team will have an identity on offense, something they desperately need.

On the other, Shanahan was cooked with Denver and hasn't proved he ever got it back. A Mediocre running team is still a mediocre team.

I think he'd be a better GM candidate at this stage.

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 3h3 hours ago
Derek Carr and Tom Brady ended season tied for most drops suffered in NFL with 44. Amari Cooper alone had 18

That's way too many drops, Amari's gotta work on that

By not splitting the threads and granting half the league freedom, BroncosGAF PatsGAF and HawksGAF are agreeing to leave us be and not incessantly talk about their team for the 8 months of offseason.

You guys get till the second the Owl ends if you're still in contention, and then that's it. If we have to suffer until then without a safe space, you have to shush after then

Godslay

Banned
By not splitting the threads and granting half the league freedom, BroncosGAF PatsGAF and HawksGAF are agreeing to leave us be and not incessantly talk about their team for the 8 months of offseason.

You guys get till the second the Owl ends if you're still in contention, and then that's it. If we have to suffer until then without a safe space, you have to shush after then

Who died and made you King?

squicken

Nah we decided to keep it all in one thread this year. It ends up being everyone talking about the same shit in both threads.

DM is still King of the Offseason tho. Just KoO in here.

Fanatic is king because of the titans being number one (considering he's the only one.)

That's how it should work.

Lol pls... you are already on the Seahawks bandwagon you're not a pleb.

And I was asking because i am sick and tired of reading Eagles shit in here.

Every week win or lose it is fucking Eagles talk. I thought the Cowboys were Americas team but if you look at this thread you would think the Eagles are.

It's a Revolution..

Also you should want the plebs posting.. It makes you feel superior and good compared to the other loser franchises.. Like mine :(

Floy is honorary Seahawk, he is my brother!!

Is this how Furyous feels everyday? Supporting two teams?

I can't do that. I can only deal with the sadness from one :(

Who died and made you King?

By abolishing the offseason thread, the crown's wide open
Ze6V83b.gif

Fuck that shit. I'm gonna talk patriots all year.

MechDX

Phillip B Wilson ‏@pwilson24 11m11 minutes ago
#Colts just announce there won't be any press conference or statement today. Team will send out advisory update on Tuesday AM.

No announcement yet. Irsay must be sleeping off a bender

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Per pff.

Despite an early fumble and drop, WR Antonio Brown (+3.0) still had an excellent game. He’s now on an insurmountable +36.5 cumulative overall grade, and has claimed the highest receiving grade we’ve ever given in a single season.

Giants looking at Chip Kelly? fuck no, Beckham would be gone next year, and Eli..

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Payton is "monitoring the situation with the Giants. Very closely." Jeff Darlington of NFL Network reported he heard the Giants are Payton's "dream team."

I could live with this....

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Column: Jim Caldwell's return to the Lions is not just possible, but probable

CHICAGO -- Ever seen that "Many Faces of Jim Caldwell" meme that's been floating around the Internet for a few years? If not, you should. It's hilarious.

It's hilarious, because it's true.

The man has a wild sense of humor away from the public spotlight. You should ask him for his Joe Paterno impression sometime. But stick a camera in his face, or a microphone, or put him on an NFL sideline, and you're going to get the personality of a shower curtain.

Caldwell has his flaws, to be sure. But he's also proven this season he can handle the heat with class. He can even win a few ballgames, when a lot of other teams would have folded after that trainwreck of a 1-7 start.

All that, and a whole lot more, points to one seemingly inevitable outcome: That Caldwell is going to have a whole lot more to smile about next year.

All that, and a whole lot more, points to one seemingly inevitable outcome: That Caldwell is going to have a whole lot more to smile about next year.

That he will be back in 2016.

Just consider what new team president Rod Wood had to say after the game.

"As I said from the first day, I didn't think this was a rebuild," he said. "And I still feel that way. So we're very pleased with the way the season ended, and hopefully we can continue that momentum into the offseason, with the general manager in place, and build on it."

Well, I suppose Matthew Stafford was the biggest reason why. You know, the guy who completed 70 percent of his passes in the second half of the season. Who had a 110.1 passer rating in the second half -- the best eight-game stretch by any QB in team history.

Extrapolated over the full year, that would have tied Russell Wilson for No. 1 in the league.

Johnson's sentiments echo those from around the locker room. From Johnson to Eric Ebron to Golden Tate to Darryl Tapp to just about anyone you want to talk to, they say bring Caldwell back.

Sure, they would probably say the same thing if they didn't really think it. But talk to these guys off the record, and they say the same thing. They're not BSing anyone.

He's referring, of course, to Jim Bob Cooter. And if you think Stafford is your quarterback of the future -- and most sentient beings are of that mind these days -- then retaining Cooter has to be a priority.

And the best way to do ensure that is to bring back Caldwell.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ells_return_to.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Great column by MLive on the reasons as to why Coach Caldwell will be retained after most, myself included, thought he would be gone at the end of the season.

A lot of great points, and as I've stated a hundred times before, the locker room could've quit on Coach Caldwell as most Lions teams in the past would've but they did not.

They did the exact opposite.

The article also goes onto to state how the Ford really likes Coach Caldwell and how he conducts himself and how that will affect the search for GM which has been underway.

The foundation is in place with this young team the last thing we need is to give Stafford and the young offensive line a new playbook, schemes etc. when we have a lot of great things going into next season.

rando14

Well, I suppose Matthew Stafford was the biggest reason why. You know, the guy who completed 70 percent of his passes in the second half of the season. Who had a 110.1 passer rating in the second half -- the best eight-game stretch by any QB in team history.

Extrapolated over the full year, that would have tied Russell Wilson for No. 1 in the league.

WTF, I am getting some major deja vu from this bit here... *furrows brow

Gobias

Banned
Goff is benched for under performing

A quarterback making through two seasons here before being benched is a little unrealistic. Unless of course your implying during those two years he kept getting hurt/replaced by some third string wonder.

A man that couldn't stop bitching about the woeful defensive performances this team put on the field "could live with" a Sean Payton coached Giants team.

17zpv9d2f6azagif.gif

;)

I said i could live with it, didn't say it was a great choice, I want a coach from the defensive side of the ball...

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 5m5 minutes ago
I'm told the #Colts & Chuck Pagano continue to discuss the future. Both sides evaluating the possibility of working together moving forward.

Not sure what to think of this.

I feel most the Colts issue were Grigsons doing but I also dont believe Pagano is a great HC

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Adam Schefter said:
Lions have asked for and received permission to interview Patriots director of pro scouting Bob Quinn for their GM job, per league sources.

Oh yes. Oh yes.

He won a Super Bowl in TWO THOUSAND AND ELEVEN.

Coughlin vs. Bill twice a year? Yeah, I'd be down for that.

I can understand wanting to go young and that being the reason to not look at Coughlin. Outside of that, you and I are usually on the same page but Shanahan over Coughlin? Bro, what? That's a joke right?
Yeah, he won a SB 4 years ago with a roster that's better than what the Dolphins have now. He is now 69.

You know who else is 69? Frank Beamer. Beamer talked about his decision to retire and talked about how it's a young man's business. A coach's job is not easy, it requires a ton of energy and there is a reason you don't see coaches over 70. Age is not just a number.

I think Coughlin is a better coach than Shanahan but I hold out in hopes of landing a guy who can stick around for at least 5 years. That guy is not Tom Coughlin. I love the man but I just don't think he can keep this up for much longer.

Eli's press conference today mentioned earlier:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000616968/article/eli-manning-on-tom-coughlin-we-failed-him

Justin Tuck also posted up a nice instagram tribute:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAIlEIgJbGL/

therealjustintuck91As I sit back and reflect on Coach Tom Coughlin, I remember all the one on ones in your office talking football, game plan, etc. I think back to when I was named captain and I used to try and beat you to the facility. I would get there at 6, you where there. I got there at 530 and you were there. 5 am... I knew I would beat you then.. NOPE YOU WERE THERE. I remember feeling the hood of your car and it was cold. Come to find out there were nights you slept in the office. No one worked harder, no one demanded more and I LOVE YOU for it. I chose this picture for one reason and one reason only. Everyone knows you for your dedication to your team and how intense you are on the football field. But I will remember you for helping me become a man and challenging all of us to be better husbands and fathers and men. You did it the right way Coach. And you might be retiring from coaching but I'm sure this isn't a goodbye. That's not in your nature. #halloffame #5minutesearly #areyoush*ttingme

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Cutler can still sling that sumabitch, always has been able to. His attitude has always been the main issue and we've all seen that through his career. It wasn't that long ago he was battling the Packers in the playoffs before he was hurt in game.

He gets feisty and emotional, sometimes too emotional, but if you put a solid team around him, he's still better than half the starting QBs in the league. If I'm the Bears I draft a young QB, let that QB learn the ropes of the league and ride out another season or two with Cutler.

I don't see John Fox, a seasoned coaching vet, going with Jared Goff with his job on the line in a city like Chicago.

Cutler actually had a good game against the Lions yesterday. His 3 INTs were all from tipped passes or Ezekial Ansah hitting his hand while he was throwing.

With that said daily reminder to Bears fans the Detroit Lions have won our last 6 games against the Bears and that's continuing next season.

Lions interviewing Patriots director of pro scouting Bob Quin and Seahawks co-director of player personnel Trent Kirchner for their GM position.

I am super happy about this. A guy from the Patriot or the Seahawks would be a HUGE get. It would be like evolving from a clumsy fish out of water to full homo sapien and skipping everything in between. At least when it comes to the Lions front office.

But in the end they'll probably hire Millen and Mayhews protoge.

Top Bottom