• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

He was actually injured, as far back as July if sources are true. Should have been benched for performance though.

Some same it's sink or swim with Manning others say he's on a short leash. Guess we'll have to find out, but I don't think Kubes will waste this year's D and keep Manning in if he's turning it over. Especially now that he knows Brock can at least manage the game.

If Maclin is out against KC, makes Pats job quite a bit easier. Texans had their chances on O today, but Hoyer missed what I think Brady hits. If OL doesn't immediately collapse, I think Pats will be fine.

Who knows though, we could be end up seeing the AFCCG at Arrowhead. Lol.
My best guess is Broncos VS KC at mile high. Rubber match!

Bullshit. Avoid the situation like a player in a playoff game needing to win a game. Do not run in when the refs are trying to get control of the situation. It bullshit how people act like he didn't do anything wrong. He shouldn't have been there period.

If the refs did their job and flagged Porter then there would have been nothing for the Bengals to react to.

harSon

Banned
What about Shazier?

Burfict was already running at him full speed assuming a catch was to be made. I don't like the dude he is a scumbag but cmon.

If ball is thrown lower and Brown makes the catch what is he supposed to do? He tried to hit him with his shoulder and so much of this involves a split second decision plus completely unpredictable behavior and movement by the WR .

If that's a penalty there is no way in hell the Shazier hit wasnt. Worse yet CBS thought it was the end of sports as we knew it yet with the Shazier hit they moved on to discuss Ben'S legal hit

Burfict and Brown were facing each other when Brown was stretching out for the catch. It'd be one if Burfict were running full speed Brown, already committed to the hit - and happen to hit Brown after he missed the catch. But he was running at Brown with him in his vision as the bull went through his hands, and THEN he lowers his shoulder and plows through Brown.

And this is on top of the fact that Burfict - as you mention - is a repeat offender, many times over. There's absolutely no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's one slippery slope be careful
That's my point. That's how dumb your argument of "Shit gets heated" is. If you argue that in this situation you could argue that all kinds of dumb irresponsible shit shouldn't get flagged because sometimes people lose their temper.

Burfict and Brown were facing each other when Brown was stretching out for the catch. It'd be one if Burfict were running full speed Brown, already committed to the hit - and happen to hit Brown after he missed the catch. But he was running at Brown with him in his vision as the bull went through his hands, and THEN he lowers his shoulder and plows through Brown.

And this is on top of the fact that Burfict - as you mention - is a repeat offender, many times over. There's absolutely no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Was Shazier's hit dirty?

bionic77

It's another case of the refs not controlling the game. I'm pretty sure Porter was out there to instigate and draw a flag, and he's not doing that w/o Tomlin's blessing. Muchak also had his thing earlier, and the Jacoby thing a couple years ago ... the Steelers have as big a role in this as Cincy
Yeah obviously Tomlin and Lewis let this happen.

Pretty horrible on my coach. I will let it slide considering he is going to win his 2nd SB this season though. Fuck the means yo.

bionic77

Porter, Munchak and Shazier
There were a lot more players with dirty hits and after the play bullshit on the Steelers than just these guys. People are just focusing on the ones that knocked people out.

It was a fucking zoo out there and of course the Steelers coaches were part of it.

he has hair now
No need for a cure.
image.php

Bread

Banned
That's my point. That's how dumb your argument of "Shit gets heated" is. If you argue that in this situation you could argue that all kinds of dumb irresponsible shit shouldn't get flagged because sometimes people lose their temper.
The difference is that all Pacman did was run up and talk shit, which is exactly what Porter was on the field for. You can't act like Pacman was the only one doing something worthy of an unsportsmanlike flag if Porter was on the field for that sole reason.

bionic77

he has hair now
No need for a cure.
That is a transplant and those look like shit in person.

It will look ok on tv because they front load it. But in person it will look like the hair of a 150 year old skeleton. Its impossible to take 1/10 of your hair and use it to cover half of your head and make it look decent. All the shoe polish in the world won't disguise that.

Thats why I asked our time traveler if they cured baldness yet.

For Brian.

So that excuses the action after the fact? Sorry guys but that's not the case. Cooler heads always prevail. Wasn't porter on the field because of an injured player anyway?

A) It's not his job to be tending to injured players. Does Porter not "get paid WELL to be professional"?

B) He was starting shit in the middle of a group of Bengals player who were nowhere near Antonio Brown.

eznark

Banned
Yes, absolutely deserved a flag. Nowhere near on the level of Burfict's though. There's leading with the helmet, and then there is trying your absolute hardest to remove another man's helmet with his head still inside it. Burfict is scum.

Shazier launched the crown of his helmet into the face of Bernard. It was no better or worse than Burfict's hit.

harSon

Banned
Was Shazier's hit dirty?

It was illegal, and I said it was right after it happened. The refs should have called a penalty on Shazier, but this isn't a matter of being consistent with the calls - it's not a matter of letting them play after you allowed the opposing team to lay an illegal hit without repercussion. You don't keep the flag on your belt just because you missed an illegal hit earlier in the game.

Texans the only team in the fucking league who can lose a historic playoff blowout, with the dagger coming basically 10 seconds into the game, and still not have the most-talked-about game the morning after

The difference is that all Pacman did was run up and talk shit, which is exactly what Porter was on the field for. You can't act like Pacman was the only one doing something worthy of an unsportsmanlike flag if Porter was on the field for that sole reason.
I'm not. But that wasn't your argument. Your argument was that he shouldn't be flagged because shit gets heated.

Pacman also supposedly bumped a reference or something, which is probably what he was flagged more so than talking shit.

TheFatOne

He was actually injured, as far back as July if sources are true. Should have been benched for performance though.

Some same it's sink or swim with Manning others say he's on a short leash. Guess we'll have to find out, but I don't think Kubes will waste this year's D and keep Manning in if he's turning it over. Especially now that he knows Brock can at least manage the game.

If Maclin is out against KC, makes Pats job quite a bit easier. Texans had their chances on O today, but Hoyer missed what I think Brady hits. If OL doesn't immediately collapse, I think Pats will be fine.

Who knows though, we could be end up seeing the AFCCG at Arrowhead. Lol.

My feeling is that he's on a short leash as well. So I agree with you here. I don't think Kubiak is going to waste the year on an old Manning. Thing that worries me though is about the Pats is that I never know how hurt guys actually are until they play. If Vollmer isn't ready to go it doesn't really matter that Edelman is healthy. That oline has been shit the last four weeks of the season. It's not that they are just getting beat by athleticism, but that there has been a lot of miscommunication and missed assignments as well. If Vollmer is back and relatively healthy he stabalizes the blind side, and if Edelman is healthy the Pats get their swiss army knife back. They desperately need that guy who can beat press man quickly right now. My gut feeling is that Vollmer is back and ready, but Edelman is not.

I'm sure he was real comforting in the middle of five Bengals players.
Comforting? You guys act like the Bengals defense- or anyone else on the field- can't or shouldn't show restraint. If he was out there for no reason they should have been smart. They shot themselves in the foot. The loss is their fault. End of story.

bionic77

Shazier launched the crown of his helmet into the face of Bernard. It was no better or worse than Burfict's hit.
Burfects hit was worse because it bailed the Steelers out and cost them the game.

Otherwise I agree with you. In terms of morality and ethics both were bad.

Ez in some other fantasy world where the Bears are good would a game like this between the Bears and Packers make you happy or sick?

Top Bottom