• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Bread

Banned
I'm not. But that wasn't your argument. Your argument was that he shouldn't be flagged because shit gets heated.

Pacman also supposedly bumped a reference or something, which is probably what he was flagged more so than talking shit.
I was clearly talking about the situation that happened on the field tonight though, not just defending any action that a player might take in the heat of the moment.

Godslay

Banned
My best guess is Broncos VS KC at mile high. Rubber match!

KC and Denver are pretty similar statistically.

Den D is a bit better. Broncos pass better, they rush better.

They are more effective in redzone, and have turned the ball over less. Hence higher ppg.

Really though its a FG difference on O.

I don't think KC makes it out of NE, but it's just a guess.

A) It's not his job to be tending to injured players. Does Porter not "get paid WELL to be professional"?

B) He was starting shit in the middle of a group of Bengals player who were nowhere near Antonio Brown.
And yet they get flagged. It's their fault they got flagged. They didn't play or act smart. They didn't deserve to win.

Comforting? You guys act like the Bengals defense- or anyone else on the field- can't or shouldn't show restraint. If he was out there for no reason they should have been smart. They shot themselves in the foot. The loss is their fault. End of story.

The way both teams play each other, the way the game had been going up until that point... Yeah, they are totally going to keep their cool when a coach starts talking shit to them.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just got home from watching the game. This was the craziest football game I've ever seen.

Also, game ball to Joey Porter :jnc

eznark

Banned
Burfects hit was worse because it bailed the Steelers out and cost them the game.

Otherwise I agree with you. In terms of morality and ethics both were bad.

Ez in some other fantasy world where the Bears are good would a game like this between the Bears and Packers make you happy or sick?

I was only a kid during the Charles Martin incident but had they kept him (and others on those Packers teams) around I probably would have stopped watching football.

Outside of that essentially singular play, the Packers Bears rivalry has been fairly clean in my memory. I'm probably glossing over something awful and will get gotcha'd though.

The way both teams play each other, the way the game had been going up until that point... Yeah, they are totally going to keep their cool when a coach starts talking shit to them.

Up in their little huddle no less. Smiling from ear to ear. Instigating. No surprise the Steelers get away with this shit though. Been happening since I can remember.

KC and Denver are pretty similar statistically.

Den D is a bit better. Broncos pass better, they rush better.

They are more effective in redzone, and have turned the ball over less. Hence higher ppg.

Really though its a FG difference on O.

I don't think KC makes it out of NE, but it's just a guess.
EPA has KC's offense at #9 and Denver's at #24, fwiw.
Defense is Denver #1, KC #3. (that's a little misleading, since Denver is almost 2x)

I was clearly talking about the situation that happened on the field tonight though, not just defending any action that a player might take in the heat of the moment.
It doesn't matter. Your arguement essentially went from "He shouldn't have gotten flagged because shit gets heated and you can't keep as calm a head as people sitting at home on your couch." to "Well yeah, but he wasn't the only one in the situation who deserved a flag for his shitty behavior." in the span of two posts.

Not only are those two different arguments toward the situation, your latter argument totally negates the point you were making with your former argument.

Shazier launched the crown of his helmet into the face of Bernard. It was no better or worse than Burfict's hit.

I don't think you could possibly be more wrong, the speed and power of the hits aren't even in the same ballpark. Shazier pivots, takes 5 steps and launches his body in an absolutely dirty form at a man heading straight towards him. Deserves to be flagged, and deserves to be fined too. But it isn't the same as a 30 step full sprint attempt to target a stretched out receivers head, on an angle from which the receiver never saw him coming. Burfict deserves a suspension.

Maybe you had a dog in this fight. I don't like either team. Or maybe you don't and we just see football differently. Either way this game was disgraceful on so many levels... Burfict and the Cincy fans were the worst but I saw few saints on the Steelers either.

Fantomex

Let us not forget this wonderful gif from earlier in the thread (still relevant)...

570Kp6r.gif

This gif makes me smile

Comforting? You guys act like the Bengals defense- or anyone else on the field- can't or shouldn't show restraint. If he was out there for no reason they should have been smart. They shot themselves in the foot. The loss is their fault. End of story.

Was Porter showing restraint? He was trolling the Bengals and got exactly what he wanted. Bush league move. You keep talking about restraint in a game where you know none was to be had. After the Shazier no-call, all bets were off. Apologist to the end...

Patriots7

I like the pats chances next week

Brady ain't Hoyer but Brady does get shook if you go near him so idk

GRONK hopefully steps up
With a nearly healthy Edelman, Amendola, White, Gronk, LaFell, Martin, Chandler, I think Brady does fine.

Only good thing about the AFCE is that Brady has to face the best D-lines in the league 6 times a year.

Fantomex

I'm not. But that wasn't your argument. Your argument was that he shouldn't be flagged because shit gets heated.

Pacman also supposedly bumped a reference or something, which is probably what he was flagged more so than talking shit.

Don't ever try to argue rules and regulations with a Pats fan bruh

I don't think you could possibly be more wrong, the speed and power of the hits aren't even in the same ballpark. Shazier pivots, takes 5 steps and launches his body in an absolutely dirty form at a man heading straight towards him. Deserves to be flagged, and deserves to be fined too. But it isn't the same as a 30 step full sprint attempt to target a stretched out receivers head, on an angle from which the receiver never saw him coming. Burfict deserves a suspension.

Maybe you had a dog in this fight. I don't like either team. Or maybe you don't and we just see football differently. Either way this game was disgraceful on so many levels... Burfict and the Cincy fans were the worst but I saw few saints on the Steelers either.

You might want to review the video. The hyperbole in here is insane.

Burfict and Brown were facing each other when Brown was stretching out for the catch. It'd be one if Burfict were running full speed Brown, already committed to the hit - and happen to hit Brown after he missed the catch. But he was running at Brown with him in his vision as the bull went through his hands, and THEN he lowers his shoulder and plows through Brown.

And this is on top of the fact that Burfict - as you mention - is a repeat offender, many times over. There's absolutely no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also, this would have been equally dirty if Brown had made the catch. He is a defenseless receiver and Burfict's hit to the head would still have been a 15 yard penalty.

Bread

Banned
It doesn't matter. Your arguement essentially went from "He shouldn't have gotten flagged because shit gets heated and you can't keep as calm a head as people sitting at home on your couch." to "Well yeah, but he wasn't the only one in the situation who deserved a flag for his shitty behavior." in the span of two posts.

Not only are those two different arguments toward the situation, your latter argument totally negates the point you were making with your former argument.
Sorry I didn't know that my argument had to be contained in one sentence, professor. My second post certainly doesn't negate what I said originally anyways.

bionic77

Was Porter showing restraint? He was trolling the Bengals and got exactly what he wanted. Bush league move. You keep talking about restraint in a game where you know none was to be had. After the Shazier no-call, all bets were off. Apologist to the end...
The Shazier no call really changed the whole game.

It went from ugly to downright murderous. The crowd was rightfully losing their minds and the Steelers offense looked scared as fuck when they got the ball. On first down Touissant ran away from contact like the Bengals had knives and Ben getting hurt a play or two later was incredibly predictable. Even Ben looked shook. Then the fans disgraced themselves by throwing garbage on an injured player.

I hated this game but when they threw shit at Ben being carted off the field I could see why God continues to punish Ohio. Get fucked.

That is a transplant and those look like shit in person.

It will look ok on tv because they front load it. But in person it will look like the hair of a 150 year old skeleton. Its impossible to take 1/10 of your hair and use it to cover half of your head and make it look decent. All the shoe polish in the world won't disguise that.

Thats why I asked our time traveler if they cured baldness yet.

For Brian.

Friend, I appreciate your love and support of the new Star Wars, but I will not let this slander stand unchallenged.

Urlacher is not bald. He has a gorgeous mane that will, in time, challenge even prime Robert Plant's hair in its wild, luscious and flowing nature. Ric Flair will weep when he looks upon it and thinks of his braver and bolder yesterdays. It has shed decades off his appearance and will enable Urlacher to impregnate much younger women out of wedlock. He is the picture of youthful, energetic virility.

You might want to review the video. The hyperbole in here is insane.

You're right. To be fair, he only enters frame on the last 5 steps as well from all 3 angles I've seen. I'm extrapolating what I think happened but I can't prove it. That said if you don't see a speed and power difference I don't know what to say.

Guess we'll see what the league thinks this week

Top Bottom