• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

effzee

Burfict needs to be suspended for next season. Period. No other punishment will be acceptable.

What about Shazier?

Burfict was already running at him full speed assuming a catch was to be made. I don't like the dude he is a scumbag but cmon.

If ball is thrown lower and Brown makes the catch what is he supposed to do? He tried to hit him with his shoulder and so much of this involves a split second decision plus completely unpredictable behavior and movement by the WR .

If that's a penalty there is no way in hell the Shazier hit wasnt. Worse yet CBS thought it was the end of sports as we knew it yet with the Shazier hit they moved on to discuss Ben'S legal hit

TheFatOne

It's easy to forget the massive holes he dug for us earlier this year. Will we get an efficient game managing PM or the TO machine?

Tough questions to be asking heading into a divisional playoff game.

Hoping for the best is great, but I'm not going to lie and say I'm not worried about PM throwing the ball away.

The real danger is that if he plays poorly and the Broncos still win, and the Pats win. No way they will bench Manning for the Pats. His ego won't allow it, and I doubt Kubiak has the balls to do it. Although, I doubted he would bench Manning after the KC game and he did. They did couch it though saying it was because of injury, and made excuses for him. Pats still have to beat KC, and the Broncos still have to beat the Steelers but it's a very real possibility.

What a clusterfuck of a game. I feel like I just watched a cage match to the death.

I hope Bernard is OK. Shazier's hit was a penalty, and him doing a dance on the sideline was disgusting. Show some respect for the guy you just illegally lit up who is still on the ground.

Ben going back out there was just crazy, but there was no way Landry was gonna get the team anywhere close.

Burfict... well, the dude has issues. The league knew that coming in, the refs knew it, Lewis knew it, everyone knew it. There was plenty of karma tonight, and the obvious last one is the fact that Burfict thugging it up helped put the Steelers in position to win it.

I hope Brown is OK.

On to Denver.

KC's dline should wreck the Pats offensive line if the last few weeks are any indication of what shape their oline is in.
Yeah but Tom is usually good about negating that with quick passes. He'll likely have Amendola and Edelman out there, but will they be 100%? Dunno. KC has a balanced enough frontline and secondary that will keep them honest.

hyp3rlink

pac.0.0.0.0.gif

Official 67 is useless in this gif. He's closest to the players but does nothing but throw his flag after the others do and then just stands there watching, lol.

Nice find... lol at ref 67.

Ill try asking this a third time. What does pacman do for the personal foul? Didn't see anything in the one replay they showed.
He ran into the mess and ran into 3 refs trying to calm the situation down. He should have played it cool and not been in it. Did you not watch the game?

squicken

That was the only right call Philbin made while he was coach there.

Such a bad organization. They kept throwing 40 times a game but the HC doesn't believe in the QB? Why keep playing him? To show off how bad he was? I don't believe in Tannehill either but I'm not sure how many QBs can succeed there

Bread

Banned
Inadvertently bumped into the back of a ref. It was nothing at all, totally undeserving of a flag and that's without the fact that Porter should have been flagged for going over and starting shit in the first place.
I wouldn't say it was inadvertent but I also wouldn't say that he shoved a ref. It was a lousy flag but Pacman was being stupid.

TheFatOne

Brown didn't lose consciousness. His knees just buckled.

If they cared bout the players Brown would be out for 2-3 months.

But this is the NFL.

His concussion test is going to be straight out of that scene from Creed.

It's pretty sad man. Don't like seeing players I enjoy watching being hurt like this. Just reading Savard talk about still having symptoms a year or two out was heartbreaking. Hope for the best for Brown though. Guy is amazing to watch.

Marvin should be gone tonight. I don't understand how he has been able to field a mediocre team for so long and continue to hold a job

They've one the division back to back years and lost their starting qb before the end of the season. How are they a mediocre team? They are an underachieving team. Mediocre is the wrong adjective.

Inadvertently bumped into the back of a ref. It was nothing at all, totally undeserving of a flag and that's without the fact that Porter should have been flagged for going over and starting shit in the first place.
Bullshit. Avoid the situation like a player in a playoff game needing to win a game. Do not run in when the refs are trying to get control of the situation. It bullshit how people act like he didn't do anything wrong. He shouldn't have been there period.

Why? Why does it need answers? He shouldn't have been on the field but the reaction of the bengals was unprofessional and rediculous. The fault lies on the the bengals side. They should have calmly pointed it out and had a flag thrown.

Why should they have to have it pointed out? The refs were right there and a coach was on the field talking shit. Porter baited them, and they fell for it.

eznark

Banned
Bullshit. Avoid the situation like a player in a playoff game needing to win a game. Do not run in when the refs are trying to get control of the situation. It bullshit how people act like he didn't do anything wrong. He shouldn't have been there period.

Agreed, Porter should have been flagged.

Lunar FC

He ran into the mess and ran into 3 refs trying to calm the situation down. He should have played it cool and not been in it. Did you not watch the game?

I indeed did watch the game just missed the offence. I think they only showed it once. All I heard was the nantz sayin he shoved a ref.

bionic77

So what is the consensus?

Is that the dirtiest playoff game of all time?

Pathetic that neither coach nor the refs could get this shit under control.

Could have been so many more flags thrown in this game.

It was fate that the game would end on a penalty. And it was God pulling some weight to make sure it was Cincy getting the short end of the stick.

Why should Lewis be fired after that game again? He was playing with a backup qb who was green as fuck. I thought they played as well could be and took full advantage once Ben got hurt. The only thing I would fault him and Tomlin for was not controlling their players. I am not sure you fire a guy for that when the whole shit was fucking thunderdome levels of out of control.

Bread

Banned
Shit gets heated on the field, to expect everyone to have as cool a head as you do as you're sitting on a couch watching a game is ridiculous.

So what is the consensus?

Is that the dirtiest playoff game of all time?

Pathetic that neither coach nor the refs could get this shit under control.

Could have been so many more flags thrown in this game.

It was fate that the game would end on a penalty. And it was God pulling some weight to make sure it was Cincy getting the short end of the stick.

Why should Lewis be fired after that game again? He was playing with a backup qb who was green as fuck. I thought they played as well could be and took full advantage once Ben got hurt. The only thing I would fault him and Tomlin for was not controlling their players. I am not sure you fire a guy for that when the whole shit was fucking thunderdome levels of out of control.

Yeah. If the Steelers lost, do we talk about Tomlin being fired because he couldn't keep guys under control? Course not.

Why should they have to have it pointed out? The refs were right there and a coach was on the field talking shit. Porter baited them, and they fell for it.
They should have been professional about it instead of being assholes. I have no idea why Porter was out there but them acting like a bunch of fucks certainly screwed them. There is no excuse.

BadAss2961

What about Shazier?

Burfict was already running at him full speed assuming a catch was to be made. I don't like the dude he is a scumbag but cmon.

If ball is thrown lower and Brown makes the catch what is he supposed to do? He tried to hit him with his shoulder and so much of this involves a split second decision plus completely unpredictable behavior and movement by the WR .

If that's a penalty there is no way in hell the Shazier hit wasnt. Worse yet CBS thought it was the end of sports as we knew it yet with the Shazier hit they moved on to discuss Ben'S legal hit
I do hate how there was so much fuckery on both sides throughout the game, but the media's just piling on the Bengals and their fans for losing it.

I also agree on Burfict. He led with his shoulder, didn't lunge into it or anything, which is usually a 50/50 call depending on the circumstances.

Shit gets heated on the field, to expect everyone to have as cool a head as you do as you're sitting on a couch watching a game is ridiculous.
Shit also gets heated enough to where people could get in fist fights. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be flagged for doing so.

What a terrible argument. There were dozens of men on that field that controlled themselves enough to make sure they weren't in the same position as Jones.
Yeah. If the Steelers lost, do we talk about Tomlin being fired because he couldn't keep guys under control? Course not.
That's not really a fair comparison. Tomlin isn't winless in playoff games. There is definitely enough evidence after that game to argue that Lewis should be firedoing when you combine it with his other six playoff losses. The fact that he obviously has no handle on his team is just icing on the cake.

So then cut him, but you can't control his ass, you can't get him in line because he crosses it so often. I mean he takes a ton of penalties each year. It's roster construction, and it goes back to who has say. Eventually these guys go off the reservation.

Listen, Lewis has a bunch of talent on that team, they under perform in the playoffs, they also have a shit QB, those are better reasons to fire a guy than not being able to "control" the likes of Burfict and Pacman. Why can't people just say that Lewis should be fired because he's a middle of the road coach?

Lewis is the perfect "yes man" for Mike Brown. Marvin has never had control over the players and will keep complete fuck ups on the team in order to chase that elusive playoff win. That ship has sailed now that there are a ton of free agents on this team that won't be back. Bengals will be back to mediocrity next season.

I bailed on this team years ago and it's beyond pathetic to see how they continually manage to fuck up games over and over. Basically it all comes back to Marv and his lack of control over the team. I just sit back and laugh at this shit now and watch all the locals get distraught about this team. It ain't worth it.

FTF

Tomlin isn't 0-7 in the playoffs and didn't collapse from stupid fucking penalties his players committed at the end of the game.

This loss wasn't (all) his fault, but when you're 0-7 and lose a game like that, sometimes you just need to make a change.

I do hate how there was so much fuckery on both sides throughout the game, but the media's just piling on the Bengals and their fans for losing it.

I also agree on Burfict. He led with his shoulder, didn't lunge into it or anything, which is usually a 50/50 call depending on the circumstances.

He lowered his shoulder. I don't think he meant to hit him in the head but he definitely wanted to get a shot in there on him

Bullshit. They get paid WELL to be professional. It cost them the playoff game. Arguing with me is rediculous. They needed to be professional and they required restraint.

Godslay

Banned
The real danger is that if he plays poorly and the Broncos still win, and the Pats win. No way they will bench Manning for the Pats. His ego won't allow it, and I doubt Kubiak has the balls to do it. Although, I doubted he would bench Manning after the KC game and he did. They did couch it though saying it was because of injury, and made excuses for him. Pats still have to beat KC, and the Broncos still have to beat the Steelers but it's a very real possibility.

He was actually injured, as far back as July if sources are true. Should have been benched for performance though.

Some same it's sink or swim with Manning others say he's on a short leash. Guess we'll have to find out, but I don't think Kubes will waste this year's D and keep Manning in if he's turning it over. Especially now that he knows Brock can at least manage the game.

If Maclin is out against KC, makes Pats job quite a bit easier. Texans had their chances on O today, but Hoyer missed what I think Brady hits. If OL doesn't immediately collapse, I think Pats will be fine.

Who knows though, we could be end up seeing the AFCCG at Arrowhead. Lol.

bionic77

Tomlin isn't 0-7 in the playoffs and didn't collapse from stupid fucking penalties his players committed at the end of the game.

This loss wasn't (all) his fault, but when you're 0-7 and lose a game like that, sometimes you just need to make a change.
They probably will make a change but his qb getting hurt on a fluke play on a tackle is not his fault as a HC.

And guys stop talking about Shazier and Burfict. Both of their plays were dirty as fuck in todays NFL. The whole game was fucking dirty as fuck though and it was just 2 plays out of dozens that should have been flagged.

You should be mad at the refs and coaches for letting this shit get to this point. That was not football. This was something you see in Vick's backyard in a former life.

TheFatOne

I know that most of you know the dangers of concussions, but I wanted to post this since I have mentioned Marc Savard. He was a Bruins player who got a nasty dirty blindside hit, and then tried to come back only to suffer another concussion. He still had these symptoms 3 years after last playing in the NHL.

Savard said he still sees “dots” in hot weather and when kneeling down, and still has issues with migraines associated with the multiple concussions he suffered during his NHL career. Those are the sad realities for NHL players once the crowds and media attention die down.

Most people don't really give a shit about concussions, but they really should. It's a damn shame the NFL isn't going to do anything about it.

squicken

It's another case of the refs not controlling the game. I'm pretty sure Porter was out there to instigate and draw a flag, and he's not doing that w/o Tomlin's blessing. Muchak also had his thing earlier, and the Jacoby thing a couple years ago ... the Steelers have as big a role in this as Cincy

Top Bottom