• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Godslay

Banned
My feeling is that he's on a short leash as well. So I agree with you here. I don't think Kubiak is going to waste the year on an old Manning. Thing that worries me though is about the Pats is that I never know how hurt guys actually are until they play. If Vollmer isn't ready to go it doesn't really matter that Edelman is healthy. That oline has been shit the last four weeks of the season. It's not that they are just getting beat by athleticism, but that there has been a lot of miscommunication and missed assignments as well. If Vollmer is back and relatively healthy he stabalizes the blind side, and if Edelman is healthy the Pats get their swiss army knife back. They desperately need that guy who can beat press man quickly right now. My gut feeling is that Vollmer is back and ready, but Edelman is not.

Vollmer would be a huge add at this point.

Same with Edelman as that pressure release valve.

Hoyer had his chances so that's encouraging.

harSon

Banned
Was Porter showing restraint? He was trolling the Bengals and got exactly what he wanted. Bush league move. You keep talking about restraint in a game where you know none was to be had. After the Shazier no-call, all bets were off. Apologist to the end...

will-gay-joey-porter.gif

The Shazier no call really changed the whole game.

It went from ugly to downright murderous. The crowd was rightfully losing their minds and the Steelers offense looked scared as fuck when they got the ball. On first down Touissant ran away from contact like the Bengals had knives and Ben getting hurt a play or two later was incredibly predictable. Even Ben looked shook. Then the fans disgraced themselves by throwing garbage on an injured player.

I hated this game but when they threw shit at Ben being carted off the field I could see why God continues to punish Ohio. Get fucked.

Yep. All things said probably the worst game I'v ever had the misfortune of watching.

Sorry I didn't know that my argument had to be contained in one sentence, professor. My second post certainly doesn't negate what I said originally anyways.
Bullshit. Your entire first argument was that he shouldn't be flagged because shit gets heated. Your second argument was that he wasn't the only one who deserved a flag, and that there were other people on the field doing the same shit he was doing.

You don't need a professor to look at what you're saying and understand that it's nonsense.

bionic77

Friend, I appreciate your love and support of the new Star Wars, but I will not let this slander stand unchallenged.

Urlacher is not bald. He has a gorgeous mane that will, in time, challenge even prime Robert Plant's hair in its wild, luscious and flowing nature. Ric Flair will weep when he looks upon it and thinks of his braver and bolder yesterdays. It has shed decades off his appearance and will enable Urlacher to impregnate much younger women out of wedlock. He is the picture of youthful, energetic virility.
Look bro it must be a cultural difference.

On the east coast we don't consider shoe polish to be hair. I guess things are different in the midwest.

Hopefully after Mike Tomlin wins his second SB they will have also invented a cure for baldness.

For Brian.

You're right. To be fair, he only enters frame on the last 5 steps as well from all 3 angles I've seen. I'm extrapolating what I think happened but I can't prove it. That said if you don't see a speed and power difference I don't know what to say.

Guess we'll see what the league thinks this week

He's assuming a Brown catch, but yeah he was going to make him pay for it. The Shazier hit was dirty as fuck with the lowering of the helmet into the jaw. No excuse for a flag not to be thrown there. How the same crew was chosen for this game as the earlier Bengals/Steelers fuckery is appalling.

He's assuming a Brown catch, but yeah he was going to make him pay for it. The Shazier hit was dirty as fuck with the lowering of the helmet into the jaw. No excuse for a flag not to be thrown there. How the same crew was chosen for this game as the earlier Bengals/Steelers fuckery is appalling.

I agree 100% with this

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Congratulations, gutter cats. That shit couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch of fucknut douche bags. Attempting to injure players, pushing refs, cheering injuries and throwing trash on the field. Fuck 'em all.

The fact that the two dirtiest players in the league, Burfict and Pacman, directly lead to their loss is just perfect.

B.O.O.M

The Shazier no call really changed the whole game.

It went from ugly to downright murderous. The crowd was rightfully losing their minds and the Steelers offense looked scared as fuck when they got the ball. On first down Touissant ran away from contact like the Bengals had knives and Ben getting hurt a play or two later was incredibly predictable. Even Ben looked shook. Then the fans disgraced themselves by throwing garbage on an injured player.

I hated this game but when they threw shit at Ben being carted off the field I could see why God continues to punish Ohio. Get fucked.

Yep similar shitty behavior was observed during the MLS final too which was between Portland and Columbus and Columbus fans were throwing shit on the ground just out of frustration.

Ugly but entertaining game. Hoping for some entertaining but not ugly games tomorrow.

cdyhybrid

Congratulations, gutter cats. That shit couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch of fucknut douche bags. Attempting to injure players, pushing refs, cheering injuries and throwing trash on the field. Fuck 'em all.

The fact that the two dirtiest players in the league, Burfict and Pacman, directly lead to their loss is just perfect.

Hope you have similar sentiments ready for Shazier, Porter, etc.!

BELIEVE in good over like Star Wars!
tebow-overtime-touchdown-vs-steelers-tim-tebow-gifs.gif

Edit: if you live in New Mexico. Get you geography right, or look as dumb as gator.

Tebow! Tebow! Tebow! Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!

bionic77

Yep similar shitty behavior was observed during the MLS final too which was between Portland and Columbus and Columbus fans were throwing shit on the ground just out of frustration.

Ugly but entertaining game. Hoping for some entertaining but not ugly games tomorrow.
Its one things for the thug players to disgrace themselves but a few bad apples give the whole city a bad name.

And even if the refs fucked up the call on Shazier's dirty hit you can't just started cheering for an injury and throwing garbage on a guy going out on a cart.

Control your people Cincy.

TheFatOne

When it comes to Littleman, the phrase "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" has never been so true.

He's dynamite. That playoff run he had was pretty special capped with a great performance against a damn tough secondary. Dude is a beast, but I worry about his long term health. Takes so many big hits.

Vollmer would be a huge add at this point.

Same with Edelman as that pressure release valve.

Hoyer had his chances so that's encouraging.

Seems like I am wrong about Edelman and he's going to play. Godslay how good is the KC oline. I don't see them much so I'm relying on just the pure numbers. They have given up quite a few sacks this year, and I think the Pats front seven can get after Smith in this upcoming game. People sleep on the Pats front seven, but it's legit. Sheard has really added to the front seven overall.

Bread

Banned
Bullshit. Your entire first argument was that he shouldn't be flagged because shit gets heated. Your second argument was that he wasn't the only one who deserved a flag, and that there were other people on the field doing the same shit he was doing.

You don't need a professor to look at what you're saying and understand that it's nonsense.
When both sides are being chippy, referees typically separate them and move on or throw flags on both teams. This didn't happen. Instead, they penalized Pacman for touching a referee. When shit gets heated VERBALLY from both sides then the referees should not be throwing flags on a single player.

Its one things for the thug players to disgrace themselves but a few bad apples give the whole city a bad name.

And even if the refs fucked up the call on Shazier's dirty hit you can't just started cheering for an injury and throwing garbage on a guy going out on a cart.

What if they had written heartfelt messages sympathising with Ben's injury and well wishes on the garbage and were merely attempting to cheer him up at what must have been an extremely low point for him?

Don't be so quick to point fingers.

I'm sure a lot of it goes back to the hit on Palmer's knee. Completely clean of course...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jaws blaming AJ for possibly not telling Jeremy Hill to not fight for yards :jnc

At least blame him for something tangible, like that pick or not getting rid of the ball fast enough to avoid strip fumbles.

When both sides are being chippy, referees typically separate them and move on or throw flags on both teams. This didn't happen. Instead, they penalized Pacman for touching a referee. When shit gets heated VERBALLY from both sides then the referees should not be throwing flags on a single player.

I think the issue is that the refs felt like they had it under control. Porter was starting to back up and Villanueva was pulling him away. Then Jones decided to escalate the situation by running in.

I have no doubt that Porter was talking trash, but if you look at the replay Porter was done talking and the ref was right in front of him. Jones lost his cool.and paid the price.

Yeah, I have no arguement there. But again, that's not what your "He shouldn't have gotten flagged because shit gets heated" arguement means. Which is how this whole conversation started.

If anything more people deserved to get flagged, not less. Yeah, the refs did a shit job, but one of the only times the refs actually did anything RIGHT tonight was flagging Jones. Them not flagging everyone on the field doesn't negate the fact that Jones deserved one too.

bionic77

Going to sleep.

Last thing I will say is nice job by Hill on taking responsibility.

Love that in a player.

Felt fucking horrible for the guy. I remember what they felt like when that fat fuck did the same thing to us in Indy. Ben bailed our ass out that game as well.

Are you making excuses for their douchebaggery?

Because thats what it sounds like to me...

You think that's not in the back of their minds? Not to mention the other numerous cheap shots the Bengals never manned up on: Rivers, Johnson, Huber... I'm sure Bengals fans have been waiting for this team to act like they've got a set of balls (tonight was fuckery on another level though). They still can't get out of their own way, but then again they were never destined to go far.

And I was laughing as this shit was going down. It was only a matter of time before something stupid cost them like it always does.

Spinluck

He's dynamite. That playoff run he had was pretty special capped with a great performance against a damn tough secondary. Dude is a beast, but I worry about his long term health. Takes so many big hits.

His toughness is really underrated.

He's what Welker could've been if he was clutch and wasn't afraid catching passes over the middle.

Going to sleep.

Last thing I will say is nice job by Hill on taking responsibility.

Love that in a player.

Felt fucking horrible for the guy. I remember what they felt like when that fat fuck did the same thing to us in Indy. Ben bailed our ass out that game as well.

Any positive thoughts about Hill are kind of diluted by the fact that if he weren't an LSU player in Louisiana he would be serving a significant prison sentence right now.

Top Bottom