• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

CYVVjlEU0AAqlK7.jpg

Furyous

Doesn't matter if it's on purpose, you can't hit guys in the head.

"On the field" is typically used to refer to events that happen within the normal flow of the game. I don't think trying to gouge a guy's eyes out with his helmet off falls under that category.

I couldn't tell from that angle in the play. The original context of "character" quote came off as too Fox News respectability politics useless drivel. It's one thing to have an opinion but don't attack the man's character off the field.

Tannehill needs a great tutor, counselor, mentor and guru because he has been playing his first four years under a coach who didn’t believe in him.

That’s right. Joe Philbin didn’t believe in Ryan Tannehill.

Everyone high enough in the Dolphins organization to know admits it now. I’m told Tannehill figured it out as well before this season began. The Dolphins don’t dismiss the idea that it played a factor in the quarterback’s performance.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article53964610.html

Wow....

bionic77

was shazier's hit an accident
In todays NFL that is a dirty hit.

The game was filled with dirty hits. I don't know why people are arguing over one versus the other. To me that was the dirtiest football game I have ever seen. This coming from a guy who has watched the NFL for 30+ years. This from a guy who has seen the Ravens and Steelers play 2-3 times a year for the past 15.

This was something else and the refs did a shit job controlling the game. They have ejected some players in the first quarter and thrown a lot more flags.

Also :lol @ Deion making an argument that Burfect's hit was not dirty. He must just be the unluckiest player in the league with all of the players he maims and injures every other week...

Hunter S.

It's easy to forget the massive holes he dug for us earlier this year. Will we get an efficient game managing PM or the TO machine?

Tough questions to be asking heading into a divisional playoff game.

Hoping for the best is great, but I'm not going to lie and say I'm not worried about PM throwing the ball away.

As I said pick mild, good, or, great. Not below mild like a Texan, or Bungle fan. Broncos fans should be better than that.

My big analysis of the matchup will have to come when I am sober brotha!

I think the advantage for the Broncos is that Steelers D is very exploitable, and if Peyton is even remotely healthy I think he can take advantage of the match ups. On the defensive end with Ben and Brown's being a mystery the D is just going to tee off. I'm scared for Ben's life. Don't think it's a gimme for the Broncos since the game still needs to be played, but I think they have a really good shot.

As for Kansas City and New England... I think Kansas City has a good chance at playing spoiler, if Maclin is healthy. That D will get at Brady, and even though they may be fielding all their receivers I doubt they'll be 100%. Advantage for KC's secondary. This game will be a toss up.

harSon

Banned
When the refs don't handle these things it results in players taking it into their own hands. Burfict went full Marty McSorley because the refs shit the bed.

Once again, I'd agree if we were talking about someone other than Burfict. Dude was playing how he has always played.

TheFatOne

This is Pittsburgh we're talking about, come on now. Come Wednesday we'll hear no mention of a concussion. See: Big Ben earlier this season.

No way he plays with the media hounding them in the playoffs. He's out at least a game where they can actually sell that he's recovered from his injury, but honestly they should really consider not playing him at all the rest of the playoffs. I know this will never happen, but I am always reminded of Marc Savard from the Bruins. Had a nasty concussion came back had another concussion and he was never the same again. In fact last I read he still suffers from those concussions and it's been several years since he got them. Concussions are no joke.

Drakeon

I think the advantage for the Broncos is that Steelers D is very exploitable, and if Peyton is even remotely healthy I think he can take advantage of the match ups. On the defensive end with Ben and Brown's being a mystery the D is just going to tee off. I'm scared for Ben's life. Don't think it's a gimme for the Broncos since the game still needs to be played, but I think they have a really good shot.

As for Kansas City and New England... I think Kansas City has a good chance at playing spoiler, if Maclin is healthy. That D will get at Brady, and even though they may be fielding all their receivers I doubt they'll be 100%. Advantage for KC's secondary. This game will be a toss up.

KC's dline should wreck the Pats offensive line if the last few weeks are any indication of what shape their oline is in.

Salaadin

Burficts hit was dirty. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Are there rules against a couch on the field like Porter was? I'm not too familiar with them

cdyhybrid

I couldn't tell from that angle in the play. The original context of "character" quote came off as too Fox News respectability politics useless drivel. It's one thing to have an opinion but don't attack the man's character off the field.

No one is going to give you the benefit of the doubt if you have his history and continue to do dumb shit on the field.

bionic77

No way he plays with the media hounding them in the playoffs. He's out at least a game where they can actually sell that he's recovered from his injury, but honestly they should really consider not playing him at all the rest of the playoffs. I know this will never happen, but I am always reminded of Marc Savard from the Bruins. Had a nasty concussion came back had another concussion and he was never the same again. In fact last I read he still suffers from those concussions and it's been several years since he got them. Concussions are no joke.
Brown didn't lose consciousness. His knees just buckled.

If they cared bout the players Brown would be out for 2-3 months.

But this is the NFL.

His concussion test is going to be straight out of that scene from Creed.

Bread

Banned
Ill try asking this a third time. What does pacman do for the personal foul? Didn't see anything in the one replay they showed.
it looked like he kind of ran in late when porter was talking and was physical with refs standing between him and porter

To me this is the most half-assed part of the NFL current concussion rules. You outlaw helmet to helmet hits. So fucking what? If you can't police the game properly, dudes are going to take cheap shots. You'll penalize them (sometimes), fine them, and hand out suspensions. But it's too fucking late!

LJ11

It's not looking at that one play in a vacuum. I'm not saying Lewis should have somehow predicted Burfict would hit Brown and take him out before. But Vontaze Burfict is a fuck up. Everybody knows that. Everybody has known for years. It's the main reason a guy with his talent went completely undrafted. Marvin Lewis hitched his wagon to Burfict. When he does that he's taking a risk that the guy, despite his talent, is going to blow up at the wrong time, and that's exactly what happened.

So then cut him, but you can't control his ass, you can't get him in line because he crosses it so often. I mean he takes a ton of penalties each year. It's roster construction, and it goes back to who has say. Eventually these guys go off the reservation.

Listen, Lewis has a bunch of talent on that team, they under perform in the playoffs, they also have a shit QB, those are better reasons to fire a guy than not being able to "control" the likes of Burfict and Pacman. Why can't people just say that Lewis should be fired because he's a middle of the road coach?

The whole Joey Porter being on the field thing needs answers
Why? Why does it need answers? He shouldn't have been on the field but the reaction of the bengals was unprofessional and rediculous. The fault lies on the the bengals side. They should have calmly pointed it out and had a flag thrown.

I wouldn't think it would happen, but just posting
Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 2m 2 minutes ago
As reported before the game, if Bengals did make a head coaching move, defensive coordinator Paul Guenther would be top internal candidate..

Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 2m 2 minutes ago
And Guenther might turn out to be the top overall candidate for job. Bengals don't want to lose him. Seen as a Mike Zimmer in the making

Pop

Burficts hit was dirty. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Are there rules against a couch on the field like Porter was? I'm not too familiar with them

He's a former Steelers player who in all likely hates the Bengals also. Bunch of damn idiots on the Bengals D side.

Fans were no better. Deserved the L

eznark

Banned
To me this is the most half-assed part of the NFL current concussion rules. You outlaw helmet to helmet hits. So fucking what? If you can't police the game properly, dudes are going to take cheap shots. You'll penalize them (sometimes), fine them, and hand out suspensions. But it's too fucking late!

The problem is pretending some helmet to helmet hits are ok. The whole "defenseless player" rules seem to have made everyone involved with football forget that spearing is still against the rules.

Killzig

Decade? hahaha

Any hit to the head penalty got added in years later, as i stated few years ago that would be a glorified hit, because it was shoulder not helmet to helmet..

Mike Webster died in 2002. For me, that was the big event in the NFL that really started people talking about it. In that same wiki entry you're looking at...

The crack down on helmet-to-helmet collisions has resulted in reappraisals of the sport. An image of two helmets smashing together—which had been a staple for 20 years—was dropped in 2006 from Monday Night Football on ESPN. The NFL also ordered Toyota Motor Company to stop using similar helmet collision in its advertisements.[3]

Ill try asking this a third time. What does pacman do for the personal foul? Didn't see anything in the one replay they showed.

Inadvertently bumped into the back of a ref. It was nothing at all, totally undeserving of a flag and that's without the fact that Porter should have been flagged for going over and starting shit in the first place.

Top Bottom