• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Weren't you noy just complaining about owners pulling the trigger too fast on firing coaches? O'brien been on the job two years. Have to give new hired head coaches 3 years minimum or you become the Browns

O'Brien will get 5 years minimum because the is McNairs M.O.

The thing with Rex is that he inherited a team that looked ready to make some noise and instead they underperformed all year. With the Jets, he also took over a solid team put together under Mangini but actually made progress right from the beginning. For me, Rex needs to be a DC only, and I loved him with the Jets. But now, all of his flaws are much clearer with the benefit of his departure. I would have parted ways with him this year. I expect the same year for the Bills next season. Underperforming with tons of penalties, playing well only in personal grudge match games. Maybe LJ can chime in on this as I'm curious on his take.

Destroyer of Hopes and Dreams

i

MechDX

The thing with Rex is that he inherited a team that looked ready to make some noise and instead they underperformed all year. With the Jets, he also took over a solid team put together under Mangini but actually made progress right from the beginning. For me, Rex needs to be a DC only, and I loved him with the Jets. But now, all of his flaws are much clearer with the benefit of his departure. I would have parted ways with him this year. I expect the same year for the Bills next season. Underperforming with tons of penalties, playing well only in personal grudge match games. Maybe LJ can chime in on this as I'm curious on his take.

I agree with the bolded and have expressed that many times but the owners hired him as a head coach and you have to give him a minimum of 3 years or as shown your franchise more than likely will enter the 7th layer of hell.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Are people crazy enough to attend this game?

Yes. My grandparents have had tickets since the first season
Actually, the tickets until the move to TCF were in the name of a client of my grandfather's, a client who committed suicide back in the 60s
, and my grandmother offered my brother and i the tickets for the playoff game. My brother's taking a friend, I declined.

Apparently tickets are selling below face value for the game, though.

eznark

Banned
I don't I know if I'd be more disappointed in a packers loss or a packers win.

In ready to stop having to watch this Damn team.

Speaking of Philly, hey Lurie how does it feel that your top choice, Gase went to Miami instead?

Does any serious candidate want to work with Howie ?

So many media guys in Philly said Lurie will have to settle for some scrub coach if he tries to force Howie on the new guy, and now we are seeing it. This franchise is doomed as long as he owns the team.

Yes. My grandparents have had tickets since the first season
Actually, the tickets until the move to TCF were in the name of a client of my grandfather's, a client who committed suicide back in the 60s
, and my grandmother offered my brother and i the tickets for the playoff game. My brother's taking a friend, I declined.

Apparently tickets are selling below face value for the game, though.

I've never experienced -24 degree wind chill, so I can't even imagine what your brother is experiencing. I think I would go to the game if I had the chance. It would be miserable a lot of the time but a really cool experience I think. Not just because you're so cold, but that you're so cold with tens of thousands of other people cheering. It'd be neat.

Tom Penny

At least its just a cold game. Its a monsoon were i live. That is by far the worst football weather and ive been at games were beers would turn to ice on you.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

They did and they didn't. They dropped a couple of games they should have won, some of it directly due to coaching. But we also went 2 games straight with zero of our offensive weapons, 19 people on IR and 3 games with EJ Manuel as the QB. There was also one game Buffalo lost on a call the league admitted it got wrong after the fact.

Yes, it was another disappointing season, but it's a far cry from where the team has been in the past. Rex needs help, that much is clear, but the team isn't in the type of dire straights that require massive coaching changes. Not after one yer. It's absurd to suggest you get rid of a coach after one year that ended up in a .500 season. Beyond absurd.

Pepiope

I'm honestly in shock that he hasn't gotten the TENN job already.
I'm shocked that I've only seen him linked to San Fran, and it doesn't look like he's getting hired there. If he doesn't get a HC job then maybe there was some merit to his termination.

Reid was hired by KC like 3 days after we let him go.

At least its just a cold game. Its a monsoon were i live. That is by far the worst football weather and ive been at games were beers would turn to ice on you.

True, and you have to listen to 20 minute Phil Simms analysis on whether AJ McCarron is wearing a glove or not

MechDX

I'm honestly in shock that he hasn't gotten the TENN job already.

Squicken (I think) posted an article on why the Titans are not interested in Chip. Basically he doesnt protect his QB's very well and they saw what happened this year with Mariotta. He basically got the hell beat out of him at times.

effzee

Weren't you noy just complaining about owners pulling the trigger too fast on firing coaches? O'brien been on the job two years. Have to give new hired head coaches 3 years minimum or you become the Browns

O'Brien will get 5 years minimum because the is McNairs M.O.

I am in favor of giving coaches at least 5 years but considering how quick these guys are fired, Bob and Rex have actually proven they should be fired.

I'm shocked that I've only seen him linked to San Fran, and it doesn't look like he's getting hired there. If he doesn't get a HC job then maybe there was some merit to his termination.

Reid was hired by KC like 3 days after we let him go.

Chip shouldn't have been given the power he was. He's fine as a coach

This is a damning post. You're basically admitting being jdez; Whom you shouldn't know because he disappeared about 5 years before you joined gaf!

You son of a bitch.. Quit twisting my words.

What happened to us enjoying our Saturdays watching Ohio State and then laughing at the Browns on Sundays.

I want my friend back. Not one who keeps twisting words to fit a narrative.

effzee

Squicken (I think) posted an article on why the Titans are not interested in Chip. Basically he doesnt protect his QB's very well and they saw what happened this year with Mariotta. He basically got the hell beat out of him at times.

Which is stupid. Vick has always been hurt. I think he played only 1 full 16 game season.

Foles got hurt again in St. Louis. Foles'S injuries were always from holding on to the ball forever. Cause before this season Eagles oline was very good and Foles had ample time to throw.

He continues to take terrible sacks.

Forgot to add Sanchez didn't get hurt and Bradford played 14 games. He got hurt when he was driven into the ground on sack.

Also I don't think that's the real reason.

DominoKid

whew our FO does have some sense after all

effzee

We don't know that Gase was our top choice.

I think our #1 choice is actually Pederson. Why is he our top choice? Why do we want a continuation of Reid in Philly after it failed the first go round? Who knows.

Hopefully it's all bullshit, and we have someone else in mind. Though, I'm sort of in a wait and see approach with whoever we hire. Should've just kept Chip.

There is no way in the world he was the #1 choice. They fired Chip early to get a jump on n the candidates. They got to Gase first and spent 8 hours with him. Reports were Eagles were ready and made an offer, scheduled a 2nd interview, and we're going to have him back for a 2nd interview.

You don't do that if he isn'tthe top choice.

Pepiope

There is no way in the world he was the #1 choice. They fired Chip early to get a jump on n the candidates. They got to Gase first and spent 8 hours with him. Reports were Eagles were ready and made an offer, scheduled a 2nd interview, and we're going to have him back for a 2nd interview.

You don't do that if he isn'tthe top choice.
But it was reported that a 2nd interview was never actually scheduled.

Too many conflicting reports to know what's the truth and what's bullshit

Top Bottom