• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Chiclets

Banned
Watch it again. That ball is pinned to his right leg after he gets both feet down. It stays pinned to his leg as his momentum carried him out of bounds. That is a tough call that could go either way.

Also, helmet to helmet contact is allowed in the NFL.

again wrong WHEN HE CATCHES the ball it is moving the whole time till it goes behind his leg by that time its secured hes on 1 foot and flying out of bounds. and no helmet to helmet is not allowed some 1 posted it was an illegal play try again.

Watch it again. That ball is pinned to his right leg after he gets both feet down. It stays pinned to his leg as his momentum carried him out of bounds. That is a tough call that could go either way.

Also, helmet to helmet contact is allowed in the NFL.

I'll quote you again. The rule:

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

harSon

Banned
I don't know what it looks like to me is that he is pumping his legs much the same way a RB would in an attempt to get back up. He's an idiot. I'm not at all trying to defend him, but I just don't see anything on that play. Like, did his knee hit Ben's shoulder? Maybe. Does that mean he did it on purpose or that it was dirty? If he really wanted to be dirty on that play, he could have just driven Ben into the ground or lifted him. Again, not that I wouldn't put it past him, but I'm just not seeing it, and that clip certainly doesn't look like indisputable evidence to me of anything.

The thing is, you're giving this guy the benefit of the doubt:

burfict.0.gif

Burfict-hit-brown-1.0.gif

Burfict-Hit-Ben.0.gif

CYX3fUGWkAAMMdj.jpg

giphy.gif

The thing is, you're giving this guy the benefit of the doubt:
]

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending him at all. He's a dumb fuck and the Bengals should cut his ass. Upon a few rewatches I think I see what you guys are talking about with the knee to the shoulder and it does look pretty bad. Not sure why I didn't see it at first but the way he swings that knee around looks like a UFC fighter and is pretty damning.

they gave the seahawks a great spot on that, but even so i think it might have still been just enough for a first down (if they even have a good shot of it down the line)

boxter432

He was definitely short of the nbc line, but I doubt it will be overturned, if only bc Vikings never get benefit of the doubt, plus it's close.

Top Bottom