• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Draxal

I love that you guys love him, I really do.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int
2012 31 NYG QB 10 16 16 9-7-0 321 536 59.9 3948 26 4.9 15 2.8
2013 32 NYG QB 10 16 16 7-9-0 317 551 57.5 3818 18 3.3 27 4.9
2014 33 NYG QB 10 16 16 6-10-0 379 601 63.1 4410 30 5.0 14 2.3
2015 34 NYG QB 10 16 16 6-10-0 387 618 62.6 4436 35 5.7 14 2.3

Yeah that's a ton of regression in the last two years.

Draxal

Reese is going to get eaten alive when he goes up there.

Love that the media is grilling Mara on the personnel issues.

Yeah, he's going to get destroyed.

I think all members of Giants gaf blame Reese more than Coughlin for this mess. I honestly was the most impressed with Coughlin this year, Giants talent level was so bad, but Coughlin kept them in so many games that he shouldn't have.

kmag

Lack of production on the draft picks. He's not wrong. Half of which were just bad luck with injuries (Nicks, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips), a 2nd round pick like Chad Jones getting in that auto accident, and others were just plain bad choices (Clint Sintim, Marvin Austin).

Part of the issue seemed to be a disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff.

Trying a couple of times to draft pass rushing tweeners like Sintim, Tracy et al, despite the defensive not really being set up to use them.

Drafting WR's like Barden who had no special teams ability and therefore would struggle to get a game day berth (as they had at the time Smith, Nicks and Manningham) or a H-back TE like Travis Beckum when Gilbride liked his TE's block first and foremost.

SonnyBoy

He's delivered 2 Superbowls and pretty good seasons year after year.

Why wouldn't they love him?
I'm not speaking of anyone here. But when I see it, it comes of as entitlement, a matter of perspective. Some fans would love to have the seasons that the Giants have had... While some Giants fans are wholly dissatisfied.

Draxal

I'm not speaking of anyone here. But when I see it, it comes of as entitlement, a matter of perspective. Some fans would love to have the seasons that the Giants have had... While some Giants fans are wholly dissatisfied.

Kas is an eagles fan (and let's be real the Eagles fans here want to disown him).

Man, Mara is squirming with all these Reese questions.

EDIT Boom. Mara said Coughlin had alot of say in player personnel. Knew that was going to leak.

kmag

It's been 3 losing seasons though with a viable QB. Not many fanbases would sign up for that.

Coaches have a shelf life in one place, 12 years is about it. Even Coughlin mentioned in distinctly when he talked about how much he'd changed and how one of his main goals is making his players better men. You think Bill gives a fuck about making his players better men? It's can you do your job? If not, I'll get someone who can and you'll be out the door.

The Beat writers say that they couldn't find a single current Giants player who'd say anything negative about Coughlin even off the record. That might sound like a positive, but makes you wonder if he'd just gotten a bit soft.

Godslay

Banned

Once you get it, you always want it.

Hard to go back.

Draxal

Reese said they lost too many close games.

Maybe they wouldn't have lost them if you didn't have to rely on Unga to covering Tight Ends, because you had nobody else on the roster.

SonnyBoy

The Beat writers say that they couldn't find a single current Giants player who'd say anything negative about Coughlin even off the record. That might sound like a positive, but makes you wonder if he'd just gotten a bit soft.
Hey, I'm a nobody but that's not something I can see in him. I think the players just respect the man.

Once you get it, you always want it.

Hard to go back.
I'm not knocking them and I'm sure it is hard to go back. I guess I'm just saying that things can always be worse. Trust me, I know. LOL

I wanted Pagano fired so hard this past season, but then he did an actually nice job and while there's been some bumps along the way I eventually realized the coordinators are the worst offenders. Pep sucked ass and if Manusky survives this he absolutely must have weird pics of Irsay. Pagano is not spetacular, but he is solid and the players love him. I mean, a Gary Kubiak coached team is the #1 seed in the AFC, so the bar is not set all that high.

Nice to see Irsay take Pagano and Grigson to a ayahuasca trip so they can hug it out. Grigson is a very very solid talent evaluator, I just hope he stops being an asshole interfering with the HC. I'm going to be happier when they fire Manusky and heck Tom McMahon as well for that punt return against Denver and that imbecilic play against NE.

BigAT

Reese said they lost too many close games.

Maybe they wouldn't have lost them if you didn't have to rely on Unga to covering Tight Ends, because you had nobody else on the roster.

It's not his fault Jon Beason was hurt, who could have predicted that?

Or the man is simply respected and the roster is in a state of rebuild again? Realistically this is year 2 of a rebuild. The fact that we contended for the division /at all/ is a result of the East being a very BAD division. Nothing more. Did you actually walk into this season expecting to win anything given the state of the roster?

kmag

It's not his fault Jon Beason was hurt, who could have predicted that?

Not sure that's totally on Reese. Unga was kept over McClain after camp thats at least partly on the coaching staff.

Beason is obviously a risk but they did look if not competent then at least properly lined up on the couple of plays he was fit enough to be on this. Unga just looked lost.

KingBroly

Banned
Reasonable Giants fans and the media think this is all on Jerry Reese and not Coughlin.

Coughlin lost control of the team. It was obvious. They couldn't even win for him on Sunday. They talk about how much he means to them, but if they did, they would've nuked Philly.

Striker

He was going to get lit up, the roster was the primary reason for this disastrous year.

Oh said Kenny Phillips got hurt, but he's been gone from the roster for three years
But JPP blew his hand up!

He relied on one guy to command dominance to cover up the rest of the defense's deficiencies.

SonnyBoy

Coughlin lost control of the team. It was obvious. They couldn't even win for him on Sunday. They talk about how much he means to them, but if they did, they would've nuked Philly.
But as you should know, losing your team could have nothing to do with the HC and everything to do with the GM, owner, etc.

kmag

Or the man is simply respected and the roster is in a state of rebuild again? Realistically this is year 2 of a rebuild. The fact that we contended for the division /at all/ is a result of the East being a very BAD division. Nothing more. Did you actually walk into this season expecting to win anything given the state of the roster?

No, of course not. In a strange way the season probably went better that I thought it would do coming in.

But regardless of the level of respect in a roster of 53 individuals, it's almost impossible to run it efficiently without pissing off at least one of them.

MechDX

Browns requested permission for HC interview with Bengals OC Hue Jackson, per sources. Dolphins, 49ers also in on Jackson. --Schefter

Lot of teams in on Hue

Line_HTX

"We have a contingency plan in case Cruz doesn't pan out!"

*Cruz will miss the rest of the season*

"...Oh."

How did that contingency plan go?

And didn't they have more defensive injuries that no one else heard about because the focus was on JPP?

Draxal

They couldn't beat the Eagles because the Eagles DLine >>> Giant's oline.

And didn't they have more defensive injuries that no one else heard about because the focus was on JPP?

Giants had a ton of injuries, but even if the roster was fully healthy, there would have been only three/four players that other teams would covet (and I'm including handless JPP here).

BigAT

Browns requested permission for HC interview with Bengals OC Hue Jackson, per sources. Dolphins, 49ers also in on Jackson. --Schefter

Lot of teams in on Hue

98854-huehuehue-lizard-meme-hue-rept-895m.jpeg

KingBroly

Banned
Dolphins are going to get Jackson, I think.

49ers are going to go after a big-named veteran coach that will underperform because they're dumb.

They couldn't beat the Eagles because the Eagles DLine >>> Giant's oline.

The Eagles didn't have shit to play for. Their coach got canned, they let the Redskins win the division on their turf a week prior. The Giants should've come out like rabid dogs, but instead played like neutered pups.

That was his point - there was no contingency plan. Cruz spent 10 weeks of the season injured taking up a roster space with no production.

Drakeon

Dolphins are going to get Jackson, I think.

49ers are going to go after a big-named veteran coach that will underperform because they're dumb.

The Eagles didn't have shit to play for. Their coach got canned, they let the Redskins win the division on their turf a week prior. The Giants should've come out like rabid dogs, but instead played like neutered pups.

On what basis are the Dolphins going to get Hue?

So PFF has a stat called accuracy %, where they count all the drops as completions and then figure out the qb new completion %. Interesting to see who come sin first in that case.

Get fucked boban

Top Bottom