• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The fans are right to laugh, we're the Browns until something good happens everyone should be skeptical.

Heck going by analytics and reports we probably would have drafted Bridgewater instead of Manziel. No more listening to hobos on the streets.

eznark

Banned
If you see how the Mets were/are put together, its more about swindling teams into bad trades than using metrics to unearth some hidden talent.

Seems like he came in and made significant front/back office changes that have just strengthened the organization as a whole. I imagine that is what the Browns are interested in more than anything. Obviously he had to commit to bringing in some player pro guy right?

Browns are going all in, I applaud them for that. It'll be a success or a huge failure proabably.

The previously Bankrupt BGstream has just invested heavily in analytics.

LJ11

Seems like he came in and made significant front/back office changes that have just strengthened the organization as a whole. I imagine that is what the Browns are interested in more than anything. Obviously he had to commit to bringing in some player pro guy right?
I'm not sure what he did or didn't do. Hard to pinpoint with how many guys they have in the front office, everyone forgets about JP being with the team too. Amateur talent that was brought in by this regime has yet to really make the impact, though Conforto looks like the real deal. I'll certainly miss his interviews on the amateur talent.

Draxal

I'm not sure what he did or didn't do. Hard to pinpoint with how many guys they have in the front office, everyone forgets about JP being with the team too. Amateur talent that was brought in by this regime has yet to really make the impact, though Conforto looks like the real deal. I'll certainly miss his interviews on the amateur talent.

Met fans give him alot of shit, but Minaya had an eye for talent, but yeah it's hard to pinpoint what on DePodesta, Ricciardi and Alderson himself.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like we're going heavy on analytics with this new front office.

Go ahead and laugh, as I said we're the Browns we aren't allowed to have the benefit of the doubt.

If it works out fantastic, if it fails was anything really lost?

Now it comes down to who we hire as coach and who we get as our player personnel/talent evaluator/GM.

Go ahead and laugh, as I said we're the Browns we aren't allowed to have the benefit of the doubt.

Now it comes down to who we hire as coach and who we get as our player personnel/talent evaluator/GM.
Laconfora is talking about it on a Cleveland station. It's pretty interesting, he seems to find it fascinating and applaud us for going all out. Idk, I'll have to link it if I can find it after

Idk have to wonder what kind of trades this would bring about?

Hire the cool skateboarder who always looks like he's about to do a sick trick but then keeps running

tumblr_inline_nyuwhdNEXO1rusaov_500.gif

LJ11

Met fans give him alot of shit, but Minaya had an eye for talent, but yeah it's hard to pinpoint what on DePodesta, Ricciardi and Alderson himself.
Also, when you read DePo interviews he wasn't throwing old school scouting away, but instead of talking about life or how the ball jumps off the bat he would mention exit velocity. Just doing what any competent org should do, pair scouting with some verifiable numbers.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at that Browns news. I thought it was bad being a Lions fan.

jakncoke

Banned
Maybe browns are thinking that football guys have done them dirty over the last nearly 20 since returning so they'll start checking dudes out from other sports. Maybe they'll hire a hockey coach for the HC cant be any worse then whats been happening!

Spinluck

Browns are going all in, I applaud them for that. It'll be a success or a huge failure proabably.

The previously Bankrupt BGstream has just invested heavily in analytics.

It's the Browns friend, what does your heart tell you?

I'm hearing that Spincenter is in talks to acquire Breadstream in what may be 2016's surprise purchase of the year.

So the Eagles had a phone interview with Gase today, and the DC of the Lions is coming in for a sit down interview soon. Weird that they would do a phone interview with a guy that they are supposedly really interested in.

There has been a lot of buzz about Austin this morning. The idea being that they could keep Schurmer as the OC, and he could keep a lot of the elements of Chip's offense, but he could slow it down at times and line up under center some times.

“DePodesta will be responsible for assessing and implementing best practices and strategies that will provide the organization with the comprehensive resources needed to make optimal decisions”

Congrats on your first day, public relations intern!

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m17 minutes ago
#Dolphins interest in ex-#Falcons scoach Mike Smith, who interviewed yesterday, is very real. Doin background work with ex-players & coaches

Dolphins

Save Trejo some time:

85482-cheetah-in-the-rain-gif-Imgur-XInS.gif

Cheerleader-Crying-In-a-Car-On-a-Rainy-Day.gif

Afternoon everyone. On break now and going back to work in a minute.

Paxton so you can love Justin Fuente and eventually become a VT fan.

;)

For sure. It's not like Pete Carroll lit it up in NE back in the day, or even Belichick in Cleveland.

Why don't I kill a dog while I'm at it too.

Bitch pls, you ain't shit!!

I love you too friend. I'm glad the prosperity is going to continue.

I for one will welcome our new Texan overlords

My mom is the world's most optimistic person, especially with regards to Wisconsin sports. She is convinced that the Packers will win the Super Bowl every single week, no matter how bad they look.

On Monday morning when she saw the game times she said "oh shoot, I was hoping this season would just be over first thing Saturday."

When you've lost my mom, you've lost all hope.

#FireFraudgers

#SendinScott

So dumb. I want a blonde wig, stache, and glasses. Call me Billy Ghost

You just want hair again don't you.

CX7jFchWkAAVVJm.jpg

You don't HAVE to have a stache.

Wooooooo

itshappening.gif

Please god... Please.. Because no matter what happens with Cleveland.. It will never be as bad as that.

squicken

I would hope, at a minimum, the Browns will be the first team to start using optimal 4th down and 2 point strategy. I wonder how far they take it. How much say does coach get? Does he have to go by the book (as written by front office) about that stuff? Will they go fast when behind and slow when ahead?

spyder_ur

Really damning report on the Patriots fumbling statistics post-deflategate:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/...-deflategate-fumbles-tom-brady-bill-belichick

Since deflategate:

xBCfRbB.png

(sorry for shitty resolution)

Unsurprised about both the results and the fact that this had gone virtually untalked about here and elsewhere.

I am curious if the NFL will ever release the ball pressure numbers from this year. Very doubtful while the appeal is still active, I guess.

Furyous

Wait,......the Browns are hiring a baseball guy to run their operation?

My liver is going to be shot by the end of the week. Can we bring in Tebow as team chaplain? Seriously what in the flaming fuck is this bullshit? Haslam needs to be stopped. Goodell has to fix this shit as we're turning into the Sixers of the NFL in a division with three playoff teams. Ravens had a down year but they count. BRB as I go checkup on fellow Browns fans.

*EDIT*

Not as bad as it looks on paper because this guy is an analytics guy great at his job. Haslam hinted at this in the press conference by saying we weren't going to spend a lot of money in free agency as that rarely pans out.

This guy is an asset to the GM as his focus is on analytics and advanced metrics so this ties into the new philosophy.

As long as we keep Gipson, Schwartz, Poyer (my guy), Benjamin, Thomas, etc. then I'm fine with the hire.

Doug Marrone apparently not on the Eagles' radar

tumblr_lvzmnljhcY1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to expect. I don't want Shurmur back to run the previous HC's offense. I don't believe it.

Why not? Chip's offense is amazing. If Pat can take the best parts of it and add some wrinkles of his own that would be the best possible outcome. Now we just need a bear to get out of the zoo and eat Howie.

squicken

Unsurprised about both the results and the fact that this had gone virtually untalked about here and elsewhere.

I am curious if the NFL will ever release the ball pressure numbers from this year. Very doubtful while the appeal is still active, I guess.

Tom Brady tried to cheat and then cover it up. We'll see what happens when it is cold and Brady starts throwing properly inflated footballs

eznark

Banned
Browns fans yesterday: DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browns fans today: WHY DIDN'T YOU HIRE A FAILED RETREAD AGAIN??????!!!!!!?????????

...and it begins.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 22s22 seconds ago
The #Giants are moving fast on their interviews. They'll talk to Ben McAdoo & Spagnuolo. They've also just requested #Bears OC Adam Gase.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Cleveland is just trolling their fans at this point. Haslam trying to tank the team so they can move to London because he likes scones.

JABEE

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? Chip's offense is amazing. If Pat can take the best parts of it and add some wrinkles of his own that would be the best possible outcome. Now we just need a bear to get out of the zoo and eat Howie.

Why would you want Shurnur running the entire offense? Because he squeaked out a win against an absolutely shit-tier Giants team in a game that didn't matter.

If Chip is gone, he's gone. I don't want to see half-measures. No need to run a knock-off version of his offense headed by a Browns reject.

Top Bottom