• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

cdyhybrid

Racists are signing Cary Williams? :jnc

Man that Coughlin presser was rough. Hope he finds work again real soon, the NFL is better with him in it.

Also this is an interesting chart:

CX931ReWkAADdsX.jpg

So the Pats and Panthers are frauds.

They were just a bad team. They seemed to always find ways to kill a drive. After the bye, the INT rates was actually above average, but the fumble rate was still awful. I'm sure drops and penalties were bad but there's no way to track the splits

Having seen Shurmur in STL and observed him in CLE I wouldn't want him as HC either. But the Eagles offensive issue was personnel. Guard play was as bad as any in the league, and the outside WRs weren't much better

No one wants Shurmur as HC, absolutely no one. If they do decide to bring in a defensive coach like Austin, I think pairing him with Pat makes a lot of sense. Maybe that continuity would be enough to get Bradford to turn down the Texans and resign with the Eagles. He must be sick of having to learn new offenses all the time, plus he had some good chemistry with Jordan Matthews. Eagles need to find some way to keep Bradford after how amazing he was in the 2nd half. No way can they afford to reach for a QB in this draft, and there are not any FA options that are even close to Sam's level.

I mean, is he? He's only been a coach in any capacity for 5 years and has never held spot above position coach. Doesn't look like the resume of a head coaching candidate (yet).

God damn.

No I dont believe that Duce is a serious candidate for HC. The Eagles have already said that they are interviewing Austin who they really like though, so that would have filled the Rooney Rule. The Duce interview seems more like the team is doing a favor for a guy that was a great player for the team, get his name out there a bit and give him a chance to practice interviewing. The leauge calling it out seems like a pretty shitty thing to do.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Urlacher's hair looks slightly better than Al Michaels' I guess.

Edit: I didn't think internal interviews satisfied the rooney rule.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/600/img/photos/2015/10/05/11/60/Dolphins_Philbin_Fired.JPEG.JPG
I think Dan has a very bright future ahead of him. Armando had a blog this morning about how the Dolphins should go after Coughlin and keep Campbell around to take over in 3 or so years. A wild idea obviously but I wouldn't mind keeping him in the organization, he has a lot of good leadership qualities.

FO has it's best and worst at each position up, and, well, YH was right

Ewm6saN.jpg

WZqkFiS.jpg

Analysis: The Rams didn't give up much to get Nick Foles, just a quarterback who can't stay healthy, but they got even less back, as Foles finished as the worst starting quarterback of 2015. He was last in DYAR, DVOA, and QBR among qualifying quarterbacks. It's partly Foles' fault that his teammates end up in bottom-five lists throughout this article.

This is the best thing ever! Of course just like the accuracy % thing that I posted earlier people will ignore it since it doesnt fit their narrative. Bradford is several orders of magnitude better then Foles.

eznark

Banned
Football Outsiders already proclaiming the Rams 2nd round pick a bust.

Their maths are getting better and better!

This is the best thing ever! Of course just like the accuracy % thing that I posted earlier people will ignore it since it doesnt fit their narrative. Bradford is several orders of magnitude better then Foles.

Accuracy has never been the knock, it's his unwillingness to push the ball downfield.

Can't decide if I like Sean McDermott as a head coach or not. He wasn't very good as defensive coordinator with the Eagles, but I think that was more personnel and Reid's decline for that span than anything. He was certainly better than the Juan Castillo experiment though.

https://twitter.com/SNFaizalKhamisa/status/684403239127744512

Coughlin with that "bye Felicia" to Mara *emoji flames*

Twitter furiously trying to make something out of nothing.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 40m40 minutes ago
For Coughlin dissed Mara conspirators: I'm told they were together upstairs after news conference chatting completely unaware of any "shade"

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel 13m13 minutes ago
What's done in front of cameras doesn't define a relationship: Heard Mara went to TC's office, gave coach and Judy big hugs after presser.

Kim Jones is also reporting that Mara's job offer to Coughlin to be part of the personnel department is very real and something Coughlin is mulling and is optimistic about.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

Accuracy has never been the knock, it's his unwillingness to push the ball downfield.

I think Bradford threw some very nice deep balls over a 4 or 5 game span after he came back from injury. I am not high on him like yankee, but he ended up playing at a higher level than I expected.

After the bye his ypa jumped up to 7.6, which would be good enough for 8th best in the NFL this year. Early on he was definitely just dumping the ball off, but once he got comfortable in the offense he was a totally different guy.

I think Bradford threw some very nice deep balls over a 4 or 5 game span after he came back from injury. I am not high on him like yankee, but he ended up playing at a higher level than I expected.

Thank you!

squicken

He was 4th in the league in completions over 40 yards
https://twitter.com/RoobCSN/status/684026062272086016

Once I figure out how to make the data more presentable, I can post the whole table, but after week 8 he was top 10 in NY/A, ANY/A, Sack Rate, INT rate, and passer rating

Draxal

Twitter furiously trying to make something out of nothing.

Kim Jones is also reporting that Mara's job offer to Coughlin to be part of the personnel department is very real and something Coughlin is mulling and is optimistic about.

That would be cool, but I'll be real and would much rather have him as a color commentator as his speech was rather amazing.

eznark

Banned
After the bye his ypa jumped up to 7.6, which would be good enough for 8th best in the NFL this year. Early on he was definitely just dumping the ball off, but once he got comfortable in the offense he was a totally different guy.

Thank you!

My point was you were arguing against a non-existent narrative

I guess the guys around him were kinda good lol

I didn't think Foles was top tier, but I thought he had a lot of potential! Perhaps not, though the Rams are pretty bad in general
All I know is if Bill Lazor can get that kind of production out of Foles I can't wait to see what he can do wi...

Wait a second.

Dammit!

EDIT: lololololololololol @chris

How insane is that 27/2 Foles season in hindsight?

Yeah that has to be the biggest outlier season anyone has ever had. The worst part is he missed so many plays that year even. On the Eagles podcasts I listen to they would be going nuts about how many guys he missed that were wide open. If the Eagles had a good QB that year they could have smashed so many records.

My point was you were arguing against a non-existent narrative

If you really believe that then you have never read this thread before. So many lol Bradford is garbage posts.

eznark

Banned
If you're looking for Cam Newton, he finished tenth among quarterbacks with 763 total DYAR (621 passing, 142 rushing). As we explained last week, Newton has been getting the absolute most out of the dreadful talent around him, and his real-world value is almost certainly higher than what our numbers say. Newton finished 45 total touchdowns (35 passing, 10 rushing), six more than anyone else.

Translation: we still don't know what the fuck we are doing

squicken

Are you going to become a Texans fan next year if they sign him?

I would really miss the Philly media if he does leave. They are absolutely crazy in the coverage, but they also have some guys who are really sharp. The team's website is great at breaking down plays with Fran Duffy and Cosell. There's nothing like that anywhere else, aside from what the fan guys do in Seattle

As far as the Texans go, probably. But one thing about Bradford is he has the same agent as the Mannings, Stafford, Brees, Alex and Matt Ryan. He always goes after the most money, and the deals aren't team friendly like with Dalton, Kaep and Tannehill. So I can totally see him signing a contract he will never live up to and get killed by the fans and media from day 1.

DMczaf

Pretty sure Jameis pretty much told management to get rid of Mike Evans during his post-game.

I don't blame him. Love his talent, but his hands and attitude are holding him back.

Yeah that has to be the biggest outlier season anyone has ever had. The worst part is he missed so many plays that year even. On the Eagles podcasts I listen to they would be going nuts about how many guys he missed that were wide open. If the Eagles had a good QB that year they could have smashed so many records.

He was also helped by dropped interceptions. PFF had Foles throwing the highest number of "INT-worthy" throws despite the low total number of interceptions. I even remember DeSean playing defense on a few severe underthrows.

rando14

Pretty sure Jameis pretty much told management to get rid of Mike Evans during his post-game.

I don't blame him. Love his talent, but his hands and attitude are holding him back.

DM pls, please take this Bucco talk to the Off Season Thread.

I would really miss the Philly media if he does leave. They are absolutely crazy in the coverage, but they also have some guys who are really sharp. The team's website is great at breaking down plays with Fran Duffy and Cosell. There's nothing like that anywhere else, aside from what the fan guys do in Seattle

As far as the Texans go, probably. But one thing about Bradford is he has the same agent as the Mannings, Stafford, Brees, Alex and Matt Ryan. He always goes after the most money, and the deals aren't team friendly like with Dalton, Kaep and Tannehill. So I can totally see him signing a contract he will never live up to and get killed by the fans and media from day 1.

On this weeks Eagles fancast they mentioned that his agent is Tom Condon, I believe, and that he always goes for the money. I really hope that isnt the case this time. He has to realize that the Eagles have a lot of good parts already in place, if they break the bank for him they will lose other guys. Take a team friendly deal and make up some of the money through endorsements once the team is really good.

Top Bottom