• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Bowser

Everyone talking about Cam having an elite weapon in Greg Olsen and yet he's not even a top 5 TE according to FO smh all you armchair qbs don't know nothing!!

DM pls, please take this Bucco talk to the Off Season Thread.

13237.jpg

"You seem to be lost, old man"

bionic77

Funny thing is despite 3 100 catch season 2 of the top 5 reception seasons he is still 1000+ receptions from Jerry Rice
Rice had good luck with injuries until he got cheap shotted by Mr. Sapp, he had ridiculous work ethic and he was blessed to play with two HOF qb's.

Brown has the hard work thing down but who knows about injuries and if Ben can keep this up.

Tabris

Tom Coughlin class act. That's a real coach. Watching that conference, I got a bit of Any Given Sunday Pacino vibe.

squicken

Cool profile on Alex Smith. Harbaugh wanted Alex to have a "soft landing" when he was traded to KC, and let Alex have a say in where he was traded.

“We used to talk all the time about how can we keep both of these guys, but I don’t think it was fair to Alex to do that,” Roman says. “And he probably didn’t look at it this way, and I understand that, but I think there was a great effort on our part—and I’ve got to credit Harbaugh with that—to try to find him the best situation, because of how thankful we were for what he did and how he did it for us. It went beyond a business decision for us. We all wanted to see him have success

Smith does agree with that. After the 2012 season ended, he says the 49ers kept him in the loop about which teams were interested and presented options to him. He didn’t get to pick, per se—but he says he had a lot of input. And his input on Kansas City, which had young talent and a new coach with a track record of success with all kinds of quarterbacks, was that it was a place he would like to go.

“I absolutely wanted this,” Smith says. “When it all came down, when it was all laid out, this team was for sure my choice.”
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/...-winning-streak-wild-card-round-2015-playoffs

Hindl

On this weeks Eagles fancast they mentioned that his agent is Tom Condon, I believe, and that he always goes for the money. I really hope that isnt the case this time. He has to realize that the Eagles have a lot of good parts already in place, if they break the bank for him they will lose other guys. Take a team friendly deal and make up some of the money through endorsements once the team is really good.

I'd never trust an agent to do the exact opposite of their M.O. for the majority of their careers. Unless Bradford demands to his agent that he stays in Philly, Condon is gonna try to get him the most money possible. And given Bradford's absurd rookie deal, in addition to his general frailty (this year notwithstanding) he'll probably go for the money again

Cool profile on Alex Smith. Harbaugh wanted Alex to have a "soft landing" when he was traded to KC, and let Alex have a say in where he was traded.

If Shady had a choice of city / team to be traded to, I'm fairly certain Buffalo was at the bottom of his list.

Brah I've been saying Rodgers is trash for three months. I don't need FO to tell me that.
Sometimes I wonder what your real honest impression of Rodgers is. Not as good as Favre overall but still a great QB? My father-in-law is a huge Packers fan and has been his entire life. One night I listened in on him and his son arguing Favre vs. Rodgers, it was pretty interesting (the son was on the Rodgers side).

I mean clearly in terms of pure athletic passing skills he's one of the best ever if not the best. He is the prototype. Do you legitimately think he has issues or is it almost entirely on the o-line and WRs?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Geez Pagano, the day you get extended by the colts is the best day of your life? Not being pronounced cancer free? Not the birth of your daughter(s)? But the day you get extended by the colts?

I'd never trust an agent to do the exact opposite of their M.O. for the majority of their careers. Unless Bradford demands to his agent that he stays in Philly, Condon is gonna try to get him the most money possible. And given Bradford's absurd rookie deal, in addition to his general frailty (this year notwithstanding) he'll probably go for the money again

I know you are right but I just dont want to believe it. Eagles have been looking for a QB sunce Mcnabb fell off. They finally fucking find one, and they are just going to let him walk away. Cant wait to see them reach for some scrub in the draft and then have him fail miserably.

squicken

Hmmmm, this is good point. Yes I would like these stats as well

This is before Week 17, but only one on the year was to a running back, and that was on a wheel route downfield

Some positive Sam Bradford stats
Considering the Eagles don’t have a true deep threat, it’s kind of remarkable that Sam Bradford ranks fifth in the NFL with 12 completions this year of 40 yards or more.

Bradford trails only Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer, who have 15 each, and Drew Brees, who has 13.

But Eli has Beckham, Roethlisberger has Antonio Brown, Palmer has John Brown, and Brees has Brandin Cooks.

Bradford has completed those 12 long balls to Matthews (3), Riley Cooper, Brent Celek and Nelson Agholor (2 each) and DeMarco Murray, Josh Huff and Ertz (1 each).
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...n-matthews-zach-ertz-astoundingly-bad-defense

eznark

Banned
Sometimes I wonder what your real honest impression of Rodgers is. Not as good as Favre overall but still a great QB? My father-in-law is a huge Packers fan and has been his entire life. One night I listened in on him and his son arguing Favre vs. Rodgers, it was pretty interesting (the son was on the Rodgers side).

I mean clearly in terms of pure athletic passing skills he's one of the best ever if not the best. He is the prototype. Do you legitimately think he has issues or is it almost entirely on the o-line and WRs?

He's very obviously a better quarterback than Favre.

I think he's hurt.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Geez Pagano, the day you get extended by the colts is the best day of your life? Not being pronounced cancer free? Not the birth of your daughter(s)? But the day you get extended by the colts?

It's all the endorphins released from doing an 8ball with Irsay.

Hindl

I know you are right but I just dont want to believe it. Eagles have been looking for a QB sunce Mcnabb fell off. They finally fucking find one, and they are just going to let him walk away. Cant wait to see them reach for some scrub in the draft and then have him fail miserably.

Problem is the Eagles technically could make the cap room to give Bradford the big contract, but we have way too many people we need to retain. Giving him a huge contract/tagging him would cripple us. Not to mention Thurmond figures he's leaving Philly which sucks since we had a pretty decent safety tandem between him and Jenkins. Between Curry, Thornton, Thurmond, and Carroll, and locking up Cox while we can, it'll be hard to keep everyone. And that's not even mentioning retaining depth players like Najee Goode, Biggers, and Seyi. Our new HC is gonna have a ton of hard decisions to make

He's very obviously a better quarterback than Favre.

I think he's hurt.
I think my father-in-law likes Favre more because of his attitude and competitive nature or whatever. Not that Rodgers doesn't have some of that but Favre was just a unique guy in terms of his personality. Bear in mind that my father-in-law is drunk pretty much 24/7, though.

Wouldn't shock me if Rodgers was hurt. He's been taking A LOT of hits this season.

Ugh, had a big write-up but accidentally closed the tab before submitting... oh well, too lazy to type it up so here's the two second version:

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiitch!

Sunday's game should make the team hungry and angry going into the post season which is better than if they were complacent after beating every playoff team besides the skins and panthers. We won in the only thing that mattered in that pre-season match, keeping Palmer healthy. Being the number 2 seed is even better than 1 because the Panthers likely get SEA in the divisional round while we get the winner of the fraud match between Packers and Skins. Excited for NFC Champ round as it will either be our chance to finally prove we're better than Carolina or a rematch against the chickens of which I guarantee our guys will be thirsty for revenge and actually get up to play the game this time around. Should be some damn good football to watch. 13-3 was an amazing ride but everyone now resets to zero and we soon begin our three game win streak to win the Lombardi.

Go Cardinals!

Problem is the Eagles technically could make the cap room to give Bradford the big contract, but we have way too many people we need to retain. Giving him a huge contract/tagging him would cripple us. Not to mention Thurmond figures he's leaving Philly which sucks since we had a pretty decent safety tandem between him and Jenkins. Between Curry, Thornton, Thurmond, and Carroll, and locking up Cox while we can, it'll be hard to keep everyone. And that's not even mentioning retaining depth players like Najee Goode, Biggers, and Seyi. Our new HC is gonna have a ton of hard decisions to make

I saw something yesterday that said they expect the Eagles to have around $25m in cap space next year. Try to get Bradford for around $16m a year, not sure he would do this but I hope, then you have to sing Thurmond, and lock up Cox. Losing Curry will really hurt but I am not sure they will be able to keep him. Bradford is the key to all of this. If he walks and Sanchez plus some scrub FA are the QBs next year they will be a 2 win team.

eznark

Banned
I think my father-in-law likes Favre more because of his attitude and competitive nature or whatever. Not that Rodgers doesn't have some of that but Favre was just a unique guy in terms of his personality. Bear in mind that my father-in-law is drunk pretty much 24/7, though.

Wouldn't shock me if Rodgers was hurt. He's been taking A LOT of hits this season.

Your father in law is evaluating a drinking buddy. I am evaluating a quarterback.

squicken

Do we have distance in air stats? I'm curious.

No, and it sucks we don't. About the only way to do it is to find the play on pro football reference and then go look at it on Game Rewind. Most didn't travel 40 yards in the air, but they also weren't 5 yard screens and crossers.

I saw something yesterday that said they expect the Eagles to have around $25m in cap space next year. Try to get Bradford for around $16m a year, not sure he would do this but I hope, then you have to sing Thurmond, and lock up Cox. Losing Curry will really hurt but I am not sure they will be able to keep him. Bradford is the key to all of this. If he walks and Sanchez plus some scrub FA are the QBs next year they will be a 2 win team.

If we want to lock down Bradford, Cox, Curry, and maybe a priority free agent, we'll need to allocate about $20-35mm of 2016 cap to make that happen. We'll have maybe $16mm cap space as it stands after accounting for signing draft picks.

Realistic cuts & cap savings:

• Brent Celek, $5mm
  • DeMeco Ryans, $3.5mm
  • Mark Sanchez, $3.5mm
  • Darren Sproles, $3.5mm
  • Riley Cooper, $2.9mm
  • Jason Peters, $6.2mm
If Howie cuts them all (won't happen), that would leave us with about $44mm to spend, so obviously they don't all need to go. But expect Howie to cut a couple contracts, rework another couple, etc. I think Peters stays on his current deal, but the rest is going to depend on who the new coach is.

rando14

Did I miss the litany of Cardinals super bowls somehow?

LastWordOnNFL ‏@LastWordOnNFL
The #Cardinals franchise dates back to 1920 when they were in Chicago; 2015 is the first season they've ever won 12 or more regular season games.

If we want to lock down Bradford, Cox, Curry, and maybe a priority free agent, we'll need to allocate about $20-35mm of 2016 cap to make that happen. We'll have maybe $16mm cap space as it stands after accounting for signing draft picks.

• Brent Celek, $5mm
  • DeMeco Ryans, $3.5mm
  • Mark Sanchez, $3.5mm
  • Darren Sproles, $3.5mm
  • Riley Cooper, $2.9mm
  • Jason Peters, $6.2mm
If Howie cuts them all (won't happen), that would leave us with about $44mm to spend, so obviously they don't all need to go. But expect Howie to cut a couple contracts, rework another couple, etc. I think Peters stays on his current deal, but the rest is going to depend on who the new coach is.

How could anyone cuts Sproles after the year he had this year. Just was fantastic in limited action, he seems like a good guy, and he also messes with teams heads in the punt game. Man I dont drink much anymore but the day Cooper is cut I am going to celebrate like crazy.

Jed York, less than 48 hrs ago: "Niners need to win the right way, and do it with class"
Jed York today: courting coach who was suspended a year for bounty

Hindl

• Brent Celek, $5mm
  • DeMeco Ryans, $3.5mm
  • Mark Sanchez, $3.5mm
  • Darren Sproles, $3.5mm
  • Riley Cooper, $2.9mm
  • Jason Peters, $6.2mm

We should restructure Celek and Peters if we can, and keep Sproles. The rest will unfortunately become cap casualties. Also, are you factoring in the rollover from this year's cap?

How could anyone cuts Sproles after the year he had this year. Just was fantastic in limited action, he seems like a good guy, and he also messes with teams heads in the punt game. Man I dont drink much anymore but the day Cooper is cut I am going to celebrate like crazy.

I love Sproles too but it's tough to justify spending that much on a #3 RB. Cuts need to be made -- harsh reality of the Eagles' offseason.

Top Bottom