• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Bowser

Problem was, Lovie didn´t have a plan in the first place.

Not that I'm a Lovie fan, but what about Koetter being promoted makes you think he'll have a great plan?

As Bomani Jones said:

"nobody made koetter a hc after his work with matt ryan. now one good year with the more-talented jameis and he’s a head coach? uh, ok."

Also PFT reports the Bucs fires Lovie by phone, lmao. Garbage organization does garbage things.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Problem was, Lovie didn´t have a plan in the first place.

Sounds like the bucs

Sounds like their plan was to keep Dirk? I think Lovie is pretty garbage, so it seems like a good plan to me.

then don't hire him. Thats also part of the plan. I dont agree they should have fired him, he has a rookie QB, now that QB is going to have to learn another system, unless they just promote the OC?

eznark

Banned
now that QB is going to have to learn another system, unless they just promote the OC?
That's the whole point..... They were worried Koetter would leave, so they will promote him to protect their most important asset (Winston).

Unless they don't do that, which would be hilarious.

Bucs fired Lovie by phone. Jeez

These kind of complaints always baffle me. He was probably not at the facility. If they hadn't called him the outrage would be "Lovie finds out he is fired via social media."

It's valid if he was in the building and they fired him. If not, better to at least tell him first hand than let some reporter do it.

QB play is about the same, Hoyer has equivalent stats in less games.

Chiefs probably have a better OL, #1 WRs are pretty even Maclin/Nuk. KC has a better playmaker at TE in Kelce. They both have an okay stable of average RBs. Nothing really stands out.

Defense could go either way, they're about the same. Chiefs might be better with Houston back. Maybe they aren't, I don't know.

There's nothing that jumps out at me that says one team is absolutely better than the other.

I'm biased here, as a Chiefs fan, but I disagree about the QBs. Alex Smith is clearly better than Hoyer.

Neither are star QBs, but Smith makes fewer mistakes and is a far greater threat running the ball. Smith ran for nearly 500 yards this season and 30 of his 84 runs accounted for a first down (second to only Wilson with 31 and Newton with 56).

And while Smith and Hoyer put up similar passing numbers this year, with Hoyer throwing for a better TD %, Hoyer had the benefit of facing Jacksonville twice, New Orleans, Indianapolis and Miami, who were all in the lower third of the league on pass defense (5 of his 11 GP). Tennessee and KC were the only defenses he faced in the top half of the league in passing yards per game (although Cincy is a very good D, too, and both teams faced them).

Smith, on the other hand, played in 10 games against defenses that finished in the top half of the league and four games against the top 5 (Denver 2x, Houston and Chicago).

Smith also has the benefit of one of the better running games in the league. And, to top that off, the Texans are now missing their best offensive lineman in Duane Brown. That is going to give them major problems in pass protection, where the Chiefs excel and will have both Houston and Hali back for the first time in four weeks.

I do give Houston the edge in overall D though. They are nasty on all three levels and Watt is far and away the best and most disruptive defensive player in the league. Hopkins also has the ability to break big plays, and the Chiefs DBs are susceptible to being beaten down the field.

As a Chiefs fan, I can never be optimistic based on their playoff history and anything can happen in one game. But there is a reason why the Chiefs are a road favorite in this game.

No doubt we're looking at WR if Megatron retires but we have at least 10 draft picks this upcoming draft but Megatron is irreplaceable.

However I was just watching on ESPN.com that both Jerome Bettis and Ryan Clark are convinced he does not want to retire and this is justified posturing by Megatron to restructure his deal in a fair way because of all he's done for the franchise. He wants to retire a Lion and it was just two days or so ago he was saying something to the effect of "this team has the piece to go places."

Also Ryan Clark mentioned something I have not heard anywhere else.

Calvin Johnson's agent is Bus Cook who was also Brett Favre's agent. Read into that how you will but it gives me optimism.

LMFAO I never knew that. Nevermind he's not retire he just doesn't want to do training camp.

So happy as a bucs fan to see Lovie fired, dude was a terrible coach and I never agreed with the decision to hire him. He lost the fanbase after the whole "we didn't wanna score more points" debacle when they had a lead in some game back when we were in playoff contention, went passive and lost

Godslay

Banned
Usual preface about FO no being the end all be all

KC offense is top ten DVOA HOU is 24

KC defense is 8 (I think) DVOA HOU is 10

When you said you "looked deeper" I thought you mean you looked deeper, not that you glanced at the rosters.

I think the game will be pretty damn interesting. They've both had such a soft couple of months that I think literally anything can happen, but on paper KC is the far superior football team (and I love me some Reid!)

I've watched all the KC games barring the Bills game, and probably about 10 Texans games. From what I've seen, there isn't anything that clearly differentiates the two.

I think it's a fairly even matchup.

Then again we're all wrong from time to time, so it very well could be a run away game for the Chiefs.

I'm biased here, as a Chiefs fan, but I disagree about the QBs. Alex Smith is clearly better than Hoyer.

Neither are star QBs, but Smith makes fewer mistakes and is a far greater threat running the ball. Smith ran for nearly 500 yards this season and 30 of his 84 runs accounted for a first down (second to only Wilson with 31 and Newton with 56).

And while Smith and Hoyer put up similar passing numbers this year, with Hoyer throwing for a better TD %, Hoyer had the benefit of facing Jacksonville twice, New Orleans, Indianapolis and Miami, who were all in the lower third of the league on pass defense (5 of his 11 GP). Tennessee and KC were the only defenses he faced in the top half of the league in passing yards per game (although Cincy is a very good D, too, and both teams faced them).

Smith, on the other hand, played in 10 games against defenses that finished in the top half of the league and four games against the top 5 (Denver 2x, Houston and Chicago).

Smith also has the benefit of one of the better running games in the league. And, to top that off, the Texans are now missing their best offensive lineman in Duane Brown. That is also going to give them major problems in pass protection, where the Chiefs excel and will have both Houston and Hali back for the first time in four weeks.

I do give Houston the edge in overall D though. They are nasty on all three levels and Watt is far and away the best and most disruptive defensive player in the league. Hopkins also has the ability to break big plays, and the Chiefs DBs are susceptible to being beaten down the field.

As a Chiefs fan, I can never be optimistic based on their playoff history and anything can happen in one game. But there is a reason why the Chiefs are a road favorite in this game.

I don't agree that Smith is head and shoulders better than Hoyer. He's more consistent than Hoyer, but I don't necessarily think that his ceiling is beyond what Hoyer has shown that he's capable of. Hoyer's played 5 games less than Smith, and has about the same stats. 19 TDs 7 Ints and 2606 yards 7.24 Y/A, 11 games. While Smith is sitting at 20 TDs 7 Ints 3486 yards 7.42 Y/A through 16 games. You throw in 5 games of his averages and he's put up a better year than Smith.

As an aside, I will give Smith credit for going more vertical this year and being able to escape the pocket and make plays. Even with that said, a lot of their offense seems predicated on screens and slants with huge plays coming off of that.

The schedule excuse isn't a good one either, as KC loaded up with games against weak teams as well. From the Landry Jones Pitt game, to the 4 interception Manning game on, it was weak team after weak team. I know, because the Broncos played a nearly identical schedule. KC had the benefit of facing Pitt (Landry Jones), Lions, SD x 2, Browns, Ravens, Raiders x 2 (improving but still a weaker team). Texans did play a shitty schedule too, so there is that.

I just feel that they're more evenly matched then what is being portrayed. As it is every week, anything can happen. I very well could be completely wrong, and KC runs away with it like they did week 1. That's fine.

Manning gets the start for the divisional.

Fox318

Fox and ezNarc be co-conspiring to take down O'Brien Potatoes from the menu.

CoPNOiT.gif

KingBroly

Banned
If you want the most salt from the media ever the day after the Super Bowl, it'd be the Washington Redskins winning it all.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but I'm just saying you should imagine how the media would react to it.

Dragon

Banned
If you want the most salt from the media ever the day after the Super Bowl, it'd be the Washington Redskins winning it all.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but I'm just saying you should imagine how the media would react to it.

Why because their name is racist? Most people don't even care. Or is it because their owner is a dick? Because most are.

You can't get Yuengling on the West Coast you fuck.

How would I know? I don't live in earthquakeville.

KingBroly

Banned
Why because their name is racist? Most people don't even care. Or is it because their owner is a dick? Because most are.

Narrative, basically. Their narrative is to prop up who they love and put down who they don't. The Redskins winning would go against everything they promote. Every time the Redskins win, it's usually about how the other team lost, especially if it's a Dallas, New York, Pittsburgh, etc. Some teams have that stigma about them from the media, and the Redskins are one of them.

Top Bottom