• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

eznark

Banned
I've watched all the KC games barring the Bills game, and probably about 10 Texans games. From what I've seen, there isn't anything that clearly differentiates the two.

I think it's a fairly even matchup.

Then again we're all wrong from time to time, so it very well could be a run away game for the Chiefs.

I'm legitimately surprised you've watched that much of both teams and don't see a difference in their respective ability to move the football. I think the clear differentiator is probably the offensive line. Which makes the matchup interesting since the Texans defensive line is their strength.

MRSA

Banned
Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' is fantastic. Love Stone too. I think they're both in San Diego?

They're both from San Diego. I don't like Stone as much as Milchjon, their logic is to to double the hops from their last batch. Try El Segundo or anything Russian River Brewery (Napa)

Fox318

We losing another one to San Diego :(

Madden Cover Star Peyton Hillis

"No wait thats a mistake. Let me show you my tampa bay bucs bedroomm AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

GKwFFGU.jpg

WAIT HAVE YOU SEEN MY BATHROOM AHHHHHHHHHH

aAmkCD0.jpg

Dragon

Banned
They're both from San Diego. I don't like Stone as much as Milchjon, their logic is to to double the hops from their last batch. Try El Segundo or anything Russian River Brewery (Napa)

I have to be lame and not drink IPAs on my current regime unfortunately. Way too high in carbs.

Godslay

Banned
I'm legitimately surprised you've watched that much of both teams and don't see a difference in their respective ability to move the football. I think the clear differentiator is probably the offensive line. Which makes the matchup interesting since the Texans defensive line is their strength.

So is Morse getting the start?

I've watched all the KC games barring the Bills game, and probably about 10 Texans games. From what I've seen, there isn't anything that clearly differentiates the two.

I think it's a fairly even matchup.

Then again we're all wrong from time to time, so it very well could be a run away game for the Chiefs.

I don't agree that Smith is head and shoulders better than Hoyer. He's more consistent than Hoyer, but I don't necessarily think that his ceiling is beyond what Hoyer has shown that he's capable of. Hoyer's played 5 games less than Smith, and has about the same stats. 19 TDs 7 Ints and 2606 yards 7.24 Y/A, 11 games. While Smith is sitting at 20 TDs 7 Ints 3486 yards 7.42 Y/A through 16 games. You throw in 5 games of his averages and he's put up a better year than Smith.

As an aside, I will give Smith credit for going more vertical this year and being able to escape the pocket and make plays. Even with that said, a lot of their offense seems predicated on screens and slants with huge plays coming off of that.

The schedule excuse isn't a good one either, as KC loaded up with games against weak teams as well. From the Landry Jones Pitt game, to the 4 interception Manning game on, it was weak team after weak team. I know, because the Broncos played a nearly identical schedule. KC had the benefit of facing Pitt (Landry Jones), Lions, SD x 2, Browns, Ravens, Raiders x 2 (improving but still a weaker team). Texans did play a shitty schedule too, so there is that.

I just feel that they're more evenly matched then what is being portrayed. As it is every week, anything can happen. I very well could be completely wrong, and KC runs away with it like they did week 1. That's fine.

Manning gets the start for the divisional.

The schedule isnt an excuse, it's a frame for the statistics. The Houston Texans faced worse defenses week in and week out than the Chiefs. Both teams played weak teams, because the NFL is full of weak defense. But if both QBs have similar stats, then that should push the edge towards the QB that faced better defenses.

Even if you add 5 average games to Hoyer's resume, he'd have more TDs and Passing yards, but have fewer total yards, a worse completion percentage, a higher INT % on with more INTs, a lower QB rating and fewer yards per attempt.

I'll agree that they are pretty similar, but I still think the Chiefs have a clear edge in nearly every individual aspect of the game, not including STs. The Chiefs are not particularly good there and I'm honestly not sure how the Texans are.

Fox318

R882SXn.gif

"Woah what a dream. I had this dream I was a browns fan. It was horrbile good thing I;m actully a Bucs fan AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

GkvDTmF.jpg

MRSA

Banned
Only if he can defeat David Bowie in the Concussion Protocol Labyrinth

Fulton seemed fine against Oakland. Plus, if you have to lose a linemen against Houston, the center is the one you want to lose.

I get it. JJ fuckin Watt, but your center is still probably your most important lineman. They're assigned to make line adjustments and calls, center/QB exchange and what nots.

eznark

Banned
I get it. JJ fuckin Watt, but your center is still probably your most important lineman. They're assigned to make line adjustments and calls, center/QB exchange and what nots.

Nah, not really. Anyone can make those calls and really, they aren't super complicated these days. And the Texans are so skilled up front that they don't rely on a lot of subterfuge. Plus, the line played well against an Oakland team that does mix things up, with Fulton at center. I didn't watch every snap but I don't recall any issues with the exchange in his two starts (it's only been two right?)

Physically, unless you are in a Jim Harbaugh offense, most teams don't demand a lot from the center.

MRSA

Banned
Nah, not really. Anyone can make those calls and really, they aren't super complicated these days. And the Texans are so skilled up front that they don't rely on a lot of subterfuge. Plus, the line played well against an Oakland team that does mix things up, with Fulton at center. I didn't watch every snap but I don't recall any issues with the exchange in his two starts (it's only been two right?)

Physically, unless you are in a Jim Harbaugh offense, most teams don't demand a lot from the center.

Oakland's front 7 mixes up their fronts a lot but you really just key up on Mack and you'll be fine. Nobody else on the line gets push or pressure especially since Mario Edwards Jr. went down, he was great at pushing the pocket with Mack crashing from the outside. Hope he recovers from his neck injury because he's could he something special.

eznark

Banned
Oakland's front 7 mixes up their fronts a lot but you really just key up on Mack and you'll be fine. Nobody else on the line gets push or pressure especially since Mario Edwards Jr. went down, he was great at pushing the pocket with Mack crashing from the outside. Hope he recovers from his neck injury because he's could he something special.

Yeah. Defenses stopped getting cute ages ago. You probably get worried if you don't have your center against Fangio or Rex but not Romeo. He lines em up and punches you. Is there anyone more associated with the straight forward "old school" two gap 3-4?

MechDX

Deepi SidhuVerified account
‏@DeepSlant
Whitney Mercilus has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for December with 5.5 sacks,7 QBH, 3 TFLs,1 FF, 1 FR, and 1 PD in 5 games.

Man I remember when fans, myself included, were considering him the second coming of Mario. Tons of ability but just either unmotivated or lazy. Mike Vrabel has done a hell of a job.

With this Texans also had back to back DPOTM for November and December. Watt won it in November

tmdorsey

It's like waking up and finding out I'm a Browns fan.

I don't deserve this.

I thought you wanted Lovie gone a long time ago?

One thing a friend of mine brought that I think nobody's brought up is how this move will affect them landing new players. On the surface it seems pretty shitty and we saw the tweets from players (defensive side) on the team that are legitimately shocked and don't see too happy about the move. I'm sure word will get around to potential free agents.

brentech

CreepyMarvelousGrizzlybear.gif

A good look at all the players focusing on Clay while Mike Neal runs right through for the pressure that forced the left handed throw and pick

Adrian Peterson is fucking stupid. Does he seriously think the way he injured his child is normal? My mom whooped my ass all the time (she regrets it), but never left my body cut and bruised. I wish people wouldn't defend him. Show the fucking pictures on tv so people get an idea of what he did.

Greg

Adrian Peterson is fucking stupid. Does he seriously think the way he injured his child is normal? My mom whooped my ass all the time (she regrets it), but never left my body cut and bruised. I wish people wouldn't defend him. Show the fucking pictures on tv so people get an idea of what he did.
they'd rather show hype trailers of him coming out of the tunnel

BigAT

The Ray Rice video was played on repeat a thousand times but the media generally won't show the results of what Adrian Peterson did to a toddler.

He thinks being a good dad is talking to your kids on skype and facetime every once in a while. Of course he's fucking stupid.

ampere

If they go 1 and done in the playoffs again? Absolutely. He's a slightly better Jeff Fisher at this point. It's coach purgatory is what it is, he's good enough to get you to the playoffs, but boy are you really really unlikely to ever actually win a playoff game let alone even make the Owl.

His starting QB is hurt

This isn't the year to really put it on him for going 1 and done

AP is a real fucker.

Great running back though.

Sigh.

eznark

Banned
The Ray Rice video was played on repeat a thousand times but the media generally won't show the results of what Adrian Peterson did to a toddler.

The media? Christ every time I post the pictures in this thread people beg mods to ban me.

He thinks being a good dad is talking to your kids on skype and facetime every once in a while. Of course he's fucking stupid.
Not just good. He said there are no dads better than him. So he thinks he is like a top tier dad.

I wonder if his dad raped the shit out of him or something for him to think that.

Top Bottom