• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

I Googled it

It's a tumor.

thought of this.

Bionic just made me realize most coaches are funny looking.

this is obligatory.

I've always liked Goff but I see you gave up on Lynch? I think it'll be a interesting battle between the two this offseason. I'm not letting the Memphis bowl game deter me from him. I want to see it all play out this offseason.

No, I didn't give up on him.. I'm just prepared to see them draft Goff at 2.

Malalaw

Morning friends! It's gonna be a wet one today.

Also, sucks to hear about Lovie. They should have given him a bit more time imo. Very appealing vacancy though, gonna be interesting to see what happens from here.

Hammer24

Banned
They should have given him a bit more time imo.

Wait... why?
He came labeled as a defensive mind. Couldn´t get the offense on track, so they got Koetter as OC who immediately righted the ship on that side of the ball.
Meanwhile Lovie took over the DC role as well, trade Revis (whom he just didn´t know how to use), traded former 1st round pick Barron away and replaced those with a handpicked secondary whom to describe as a dumpster fire would be more than generous.

For me, that´s a "better late than never" kind of move.
I think we´ll promote Koetter, and if only to make sure he doesn´t leave. Lets find a good DC and be done with.

Wait... why?
He came labeled as a defensive mind. Couldn´t get the offense on track, so they got Koetter as OC who immediately righted the ship on that side of the ball.
Meanwhile Lovie took over the DC role as well, trade Revis (whom he just didn´t know how to use), traded former 1st round pick Barron away and replaced those with a handpicked secondary whom to describe as a dumpster fire would be more than generous.

For me, that´s a "better late than never" kind of move.
I think we´ll promote Koetter, and if only to make sure he doesn´t leave. Lets find a good DC and be done with.

He also drafted a known rapist first overall.

I would like to thank Lovie though for giving us the third best corner in Patriots history, Revie.

(1. Malcom Butler
2. Ty Law
3. Revie)

Thanks for reminding me, I had almost got it done to suppress this memory!

In other news: are you planning a real * FF league next year?

* with individual defense

As in drafting defensive players?

Wasn't really planning on it to be honest, but if the Shirtless People want it, then I'm all for it. Why? Interested in joining the Shirtless Squad?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
John Fox is the most weak ass coach in football. He sucks and his teams won't win. He gets a pass because people think he made chicken salad out of chicken shit with Tebow and that he made the pa,there look good for 1 season.

Tomlin inst a coach. He's a press secretary.

and O'Brien?

Godslay

Banned
Kinda see what Mech was talking about with KC fans on the Internet.

It will be interesting to see how Houston responds with nobody giving them any respect.

They're actually fairly equivalent teams when you look at it a bit closer.

eznark

Banned
They're actually fairly equivalent teams when you look at it a bit closer.

What are you looking at to draw that conclusion?

and O'Brien?
I'd be pretty terrified of having him in charge of the QB search (which is obviously required) given his complete and utter failure to identify talent at the position this past off-season. Obviously you can't fire him, but man is he the wrong guy at the wrong time.

captive

per Schefter the Bucs supposedly in talks with Jim Tomsula
no effing way.

Overrated bum who seems content starting the worst qbs
How is he overrated? Who is he overrated by, except maybe Mech? Its not like he's won any awards he didnt deserve. What does that say about your team that your starter this year was a O'Brien cast off? Or maybe thats what you're really upset about.

I'd be pretty terrified of having him in charge of the QB search (which is obviously required) given his complete and utter failure to identify talent at the position this past off-season. Obviously you can't fire him, but man is he the wrong guy at the wrong time.
Like i get where you're coming from, but i dont see how you can say this when both Fitzpatrick and Hoyer have had their best career years under him. And what he did getting wins out of TJ Yates, Weeden and Keenum, is pretty good.

Yea I'd like him to draft a good QB.

eznark

Banned
no effing way.

How is he overrated? Who is he overrated by, except maybe Mech? Its not like he's won any awards he didnt deserve. What does that say about your team that your starter this year was a O'Brien cast off? Or maybe thats what you're really upset about.

Why would he be upset about it? Fitzpatrick has very clearly outperformed every QB on the Texans roster.

Fox318

Fitz is the best qb the jets had in years and had a fantastic season.

Who the Texans traded away for a 7th because they want to be patriots south.

Instead they are Brown's south.

The guys he identified and targeted. Also, they don't have Fitzpatrick, whom he ran out of town.

So Fox should love him for that second point.

And he is in the playoffs with Brandon Weeden and Brian Hoyer (one of shittiest, if not the shittiest, division in the NFL. But in none of the less.)

Players he targeted, sure. And those are bad calls and decisions.. But, I think he's still is a decent coach.

captive

Why would he be upset about it? Fitzpatrick has very clearly outperformed every QB on the Texans roster.

Fitz is the best qb the jets had in years and had a fantastic season.

Who the Texans traded away for a 7th because they want to be patriots south.

Instead they are Brown's south.

and yet with the game on the line in a win and your in situation he threw 3 4th quarter picks. Which is why he was let go from the Texans. He did that shit too much last year. Steelers game. Giants game to name a few.

eznark

Banned
So, given the option you'd take Hoyer over Fitzpatrick on Saturday?

Like i get where you're coming from, but i dont see how you can say this when both Fitzpatrick and Hoyer have had their best career years under him. And what he did getting wins out of TJ Yates, Weeden and Keenum, is pretty good.

Yea I'd like him to draft a good QB.

Hoyer having a career year is still Hoyer being a bottom 10 QB. That's literally the lowest bar.

Fitz is having a slightly better year this year, but pretty much comparable. I don't see why we'd give credit to O'Brien for that, especially since he jettisoned Fitz for peanuts to clear room for two significantly inferior quarterbacks.

captive

So, given the option you'd take Hoyer over Fitzpatrick on Saturday?

Hoyer having a career year is still Hoyer being a bottom 10 QB. That's literally the lowest bar.

Fitz is having a slightly better year this year, but pretty much comparable. I don't see why we'd give credit to O'Brien for that, especially since he jettisoned Fitz for peanuts to clear room for two significantly inferior quarterbacks.

So in your mind O'Brien would be a better coach if he kept Fitzpatrick, even though by all accounts he didnt really know the offense. Despite numerous times people telling him to stop running so much or at least slide, he finally broke his leg running and not sliding to get down. And then his 4th quarter meltdowns?

Fitz has a higher ceiling than hoyer, but not by much, but what Hoyer hasn't done is throw the game away in the 4th quarter this year, that could very well happen on saturday. So sure if i knew "good" fitzpatrick showed up, i would take him over hoyer. But thats thing, he was too inconsistent when he was with the Texans.

Other than that, like who was he supposed to draft this year? Winston and Mariotta were off the board. Its not like free agent QBs were abound this past offseason.

eznark

Banned
So in your mind O'Brien would be a better coach if he kept Fitzpatrick, even though by all accounts he didnt really know the offense. Despite numerous times people telling him to stop running so much or at least slide, he finally broke his leg running and not sliding to get down. And then his 4th quarter meltdowns?

So what you are telling me is that O'Brien was a pretty bad coach.
Fitz has a higher ceiling than hoyer, but not by much, but what Hoyer hasn't done is throw the game away in the 4th quarter this year, that could very well happen on saturday. So sure if i knew "good" fitzpatrick showed up, i would take him over hoyer. But thats thing, he was too inconsistent when he was with the Texans.

Hoyer or Fitzpatrick on Saturday?

Other than that, like who was he supposed to draft this year? Winston and Mariotta were off the board. Its not like free agent QBs were abound this past offseason.
I would have kept Fitzpatrick, given the options.

The Norwood stuff in the Bils 30 for 30 :*)

^Made me love the Bills. Especially when you think of how people in Boston and Philly treated Buckner and Wild Thing

Definitely, fans treat players who have been great like shit for the most petty of reasons but the Buffalo crowd basically gave Norwood the biggest, warmest hug ever. Brought a little tear to my eye

eznark

Banned
^Made me love the Bills. Especially when you think of how people in Boston and Philly treated Buckner and Wild Thing

I already told you, if i knew good fitzpatrick was showing up, i would take him.
coward!

We are talking about scraps here people. No great choices were made other than someone getting a fist to the jaw.

Fahey still thinks the Jets should start Geno...I just don't get it.

Godslay

Banned
What are you looking at to draw that conclusion?

QB play is about the same, Hoyer has equivalent stats in less games.

Chiefs probably have a better OL, #1 WRs are pretty even Maclin/Nuk. KC has a better playmaker at TE in Kelce. They both have an okay stable of average RBs. Nothing really stands out.

Defense could go either way, they're about the same. Chiefs might be better with Houston back. Maybe they aren't, I don't know.

There's nothing that jumps out at me that says one team is absolutely better than the other.

Sanjuro

why would a Jags fan care about that?

you think Brandon Marshall is better than Hopkins? Or i dont understand this reference.

I'm kidding a bit. I think he was more effective for what the Jets had. Not sure you could wife swap and get similar results.

eznark

Banned
QB play is about the same, Hoyer has equivalent stats in less games.

Chiefs probably have a better OL, #1 WRs are pretty even Maclin/Nuk. KC has a better playmaker at TE in Kelce. They both have an okay stable of average RBs. Nothing really stands out.

Defense could go either way, they're about the same. Chiefs might be better with Houston back. Maybe they aren't, I don't know.

There's nothing that jumps out at me that says one team is absolutely better than the other.

Usual preface about FO no being the end all be all

KC offense is top ten DVOA HOU is 24

KC defense is 8 (I think) DVOA HOU is 10

When you said you "looked deeper" I thought you mean you looked deeper, not that you glanced at the rosters.

I think the game will be pretty damn interesting. They've both had such a soft couple of months that I think literally anything can happen, but on paper KC is the far superior football team (and I love me some Reid!)

Dragon

Banned
IK Enemkpali is still the jets MVP this year.

0hVtvyV9I3-eExYpWnGALffUOhT8lIFEcMyn72NvcCg

Jets fan in the fantasy league I play in.

Bowser

So basically the Bucs fired Lovie because they were afraid Koetter would get a head job elsewhere.

Only team that had requested permission to interview Koetter was Miami at the time.

captive

not after the bills game with him stumbling and bumbling out there.
hopkins had him beat for 90+ yards and a TD in the first half, until he went down with a concussion.

So basically the Bucs fired Lovie because they were afraid Koetter would get a head job elsewhere.

Only team that had requested permission to interview Koetter was Miami at the time.

it doesnt make any sense at all, really. Have a plan, stick with the plan.

Top Bottom