• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

DMczaf

Lovie Smith is a terrible coach and the Bucs were never going to win anything of value with him, so I'm not going to pour my liquor out for him losing his job.

But he did have that team going in something resembling the right direction. Strange timing to fire him unless they have someone they KNOW is better and they KNOW is interested in the gig.

That's the part that makes me feel Brown-ish.

I swear to god if they have no plan...I'll bitch and moan and pay money to watch us lose next season!

Crisco

Banned
I'm almost positive he was like top 5 (if not top 3) on basically every big board. Wasn't the consensus #1 Fairley though?

Does anyone track this stuff? Could be a fun read.

TZX1aPI.jpg

All i remember about Cam in the draft is that he had all the tools to be the #1, but people were speculating about character issues (aka theft).

eznark

Banned
All i remember about Cam in the draft is that he had all the tools to be the #1, but people were worried about character issues (aka theft).

Character issues and poor interviews at the combine were pretty much the only knocks against him. And it was pretty clear in the weeks leading up to the draft he'd be the first QB off the board. (I liked Locker slightly more because I didn't know he was made out of glass....seriously, you should have to disclose you are made out of glass at the combine)

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The Colts have shown that you simply don't fire a head coach.

Every coach deserves a second chance.

#notallcoaches

i've argued all year that Pagano whould have been retained and fired Grigson. I dont think he's a bad coach, i think he's been giving a lot of shit from Grigson.

Line_HTX

Wonder if he'll get to play the Texans again, for old times sake.

If it's for old time's sake, then they have to fullfil the goal they set out when they were building this defense... Hit Manning and Hasselbeck with all the hard knockdowns and make them take it and LIKE IT.

jakncoke

Banned
Are the casual army waiting for gameday to invade the thread, i see too many regulars. Need more posts about they were here the whole year and they been a fan since vietnam and the regulars are insular assholes and racists

Greg

Are the casual army waiting for gameday to invade the thread, i see too many regulars. Need more posts about they were here the whole year and they been a fan since vietnam and the regulars are insular assholes and racists
they don't know the playoffs are here yet

they have to read about it in the local newspaper

MechDX

I find this post both insular and racist. They dont visit here because we are a cesspool of scum and villainy

spyder_ur

That Bledsoe SI for Kids cover is the best, I remember that issue. SI for Kids was the shit.

Obviously no surprise that Manning snuck his way back into the starting spot. Will be very interesting to see the reaction if he struggles out of the gate in the first playoff game, which I think is very possible given that Houston or KC are pretty bad matchups with their DLines.

Another Brady-Manning AFC title game with Manning on his last legs would be pretty incredible theater.

Spinluck

Lego Cam is killing me lol

i've argued all year that Pagano whould have been retained and fired Grigson. I dont think he's a bad coach, i think he's been giving a lot of shit from Grigson.

Not sure if you've read this, but lol.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30863550/kravitz-grigsons-meddling-helped-undermine-soon-to-be-fired-pagano

Grigson, who traded a first-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for running back Trent Richardson, continued to insist that Richardson play, and even start, despite the running back’s weight issues and obvious lack of production. According to sources, Grigson was concerned with creating the narrative that it was a good trade, something it clearly was not.

Grigson insisted the Colts continue to use Josh Cribbs, the veteran punt and kick returner he signed last season, despite the wishes of Pagano and some elements of his coaching staff. Cribbs committed a devastating fumble on a punt return in the AFC title game that opened the door to the Patriots’ 45-7 blowout.

According to sources, when Pagano wanted to discipline players – one of them being Billy Winn, who was late for some meetings – Grigson overruled him and would not let Pagano do what he wanted to do. "The culture here now is the worst I’ve ever seen it," a source said, pointing to the number of times Colts players have been arrested in the past year or two.

As reported previously elsewhere and confirmed by my sources, offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton was forced on Pagano. Hamilton was finally fired during the season and replaced by a Pagano confidante, Rob Chudzinski. "Pep was never answerable to Chuck," a source told me. "Pep answered to Ryan, and everybody in the building knew it."

Irsay was going to fire him, but I guess they talked it over and Pagano came out having more control over the team and a 4 year extension. Apparently him abd Grigson settled whatever feud they had too, it was Pagano who requested that he comeback only if their contacts are joined. This is probably because Pagano almost went out as the fall guy and Grigson was gonna keep his job lol.

Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during that meeting.

eznark

Banned
Lego Cam is killing me lol

Not sure if you've read this, but lol.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30863550/kravitz-grigsons-meddling-helped-undermine-soon-to-be-fired-pagano

Irsay was going to fire him, but I guess they talked it over and Pagano came out having more control over the team and a 4 year extension. Apparently him abd Grigson settled whatever feud they had too, it was Pagano who requested that he comeback only if their contacts are joined. This is probably because Pagano almost went out as the fall guy and Grigson was gonna keep his job lol.

Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during that meeting.

Do you listen to Dakich at all? He has been pretty revealing over this past week. Just completely shitting on Indy media.

Top Bottom