• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

On Gruden: He (or Cowher)'s never ever ever leaving the booth to coach in the NFL again. That job basically allows him to be a coach (he gets to do film study/ breakdown the Xs and Os/ kick the shit with players) without actually...being a coach (and dealing with the stress and hours of that job). Plus, I'm pretty sure he's the highest paid on-air talent on any Disney-owned television channel. It's not like he's hurting for money.

On Koetter: Firing Lovie Smith just because you're afraid of letting Jameis' offensive coordinator leave the staff is so strange to me. I mean, this is the same Dirk Koetter that was a mediocre college football coach, and couldn't get NFL HC looks when he was Matt Ryan's OC, right? There has to be a reason no other team in the league wants to touch him with a ten foot pole for an HC job. The continuity thing is less important for Jameis, a guy who's been praised a football savant for years, than it would be for other rookies. I'm sure he could pick up a new offense, if need be.

On TFA: Still fucking awesome, praise be to JJ

b1e5b6c94adca68130485ddbcfd9e401.jpg

I thought the point of this movie was that this kind of thinking is not good for you and ruins lives. You need some Zen in your life.

Yeah.. And as a browns fan.. I would happily display an AFC Championship banner or even winning the damn division banner for Christ sake.

But... It's still a second place trophy in the grand scheme of things. It can still be a great year and a good team to make it that far. But it's still second place. No one likes to lose..

Why are people saying Gruden won as many superbowls as the Eagles!?

wtf are you all talking about? hes won more.

I said Super Bowl/NFL Championships..

But yes.. You're right too

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
On Gruden: He (or Cowher)'s never ever ever leaving the booth to coach in the NFL again. That job basically allows him to be a coach (he gets to do film study/ breakdown the Xs and Os/ kick the shit with players) without actually...being a coach (and dealing with the stress and hours of that job). Plus, I'm pretty sure he's the highest paid on-air talent on any Disney-owned television channel. It's not like he's hurting for money.

On Koetter: Firing Lovie Smith just because you're afraid of letting Jameis' offensive coordinator leave the staff is so strange to me. I mean, this is the same Dirk Koetter that was a mediocre college football coach, and couldn't get NFL HC looks when he was Matt Ryan's OC, right? There has to be a reason no other team in the league wants to touch him with a ten foot pole for an HC job. The continuity thing is less important for Jameis, a guy who's been praised a football savant for years, than it would be for other rookies. I'm sure he could pick up a new offense, if need be.

No Popeye's notes? I give this post 2 thumbs down.

Spinluck

Yeah.. And as a browns fan.. I would happily display an AFC Championship banner or even winning the damn division banner for Christ sake.

But... It's still a second place trophy in the grand scheme of things. It can still be a great year and a good team to make it that far. But it's still second place.

:lol

Did you take the Popeyes into the theater? I like to think you did.

Yes...

1 NFL championship for the Iggles
1 Super Bowl championship for Gruden..

And that's it..

So yes he has.. I mean if you wanna hang up the banners like the Colts(and other teams) with your NFC championships banners or Super Bowl participation banners.
The Eagles won NFL championships in 1948, 1949, and 1960.

Slo

Watching the 30 for 30 on the Bills of the 90s, can't help but think what NFLGaf would have been like then.

squicken

You can look at the splits for how QBs do on passes thrown by Air Yards on ESPN's stat pages for each guy. Here's Eli's for instance.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/5526/eli-manning

On passes over 30 yards in the air, he was 4/12 with 3TD 0INT

So I thought I would look at the playoff QBs to see who throws deep and how well does he do. I'm using 30 yards b/c that is all that is available. If I could, I'd use 25 yards. Obviously, small samples, and there are hail marys in there. But there really aren't as many of those attempted as there once were

Russ 7/20 5TD 3INT
Teddy 2/13 1TD 1INT
Rodgers 6/23 2TD 0INT
Cousins 6/20 4TD 1INT
Hoyer 5/16 2TD 3INT
Alex 3/13 1TD 1INT
AJ Mc 3/8 1TD 0INT
Dalton 7/23 2TD 3INT
Ben 13/33 3TD 5INT
Brady 3/21 0TD 2INT
Peyton 10/39 3TD 3INT
Cam 11/33 6TD 1INT
Palmer 11/36 3TD 2INT

-Surprised Ben wasn't better, especially on the INT front
-Texans-Chiefs is going to played in a phone booth
-Ginn dropped about 5 balls from Cam. Definitely a strength
-Peyton takes crap for his wobblers, but Brady is beyond awful

The Eagles won NFL championships in 1948, 1949, and 1960.

I stand corrected.. I read 1960 as the last one and missed the others. My mistake

So 3 championships in 89 years vs 1 championship in 10 years of coaching..

I will amend my previous statement and say he has accomplished a third of what the eagles have done in 89 years.

Hunter S.

There can be only 1 out of 32 in the NFL. The majority fails. What should be celebrated is something like win percentage over the past 25 years or so. Happy or sad shit depending on the perspective.

You can look at the splits for how QBs do on passes thrown by Air Yards on ESPN's stat pages for each guy. Here's Eli's for instance.

So I thought I would look at the playoff QBs to see who throws deep and how well does he do. I'm using 30 yards b/c that is all that is available. If I could, I'd use 25 yards. Obviously, small samples, and there are hail marys in there. But there really aren't as many of those attempted as there once were

Russ 7/20 5TD 3INT
Teddy 2/13 1TD 1INT
Rodgers 6/23 2TD 0INT
Cousins 6/20 4TD 1INT
Hoyer 5/16 2TD 3INT
Alex 3/13 1TD 1INT
AJ Mc 3/8 1TD 0INT
Dalton 7/23 2TD 3INT
Ben 13/33 3TD 5INT
Brady 3/21 0TD 2INT
Peyton 10/39 3TD 3INT
Cam 11/33 6TD 1INT
Palmer 11/36 3TD 2INT

Ben considers ints on long passes like punts, so he takes a lot of shots. Also Martavis Bryant has been dogging it recently.

bionic77

I guess we should have not gotten the designer couch or Persian rug or the custom curtains and just bought the good stuff from Ikea like all my rich friends from the coast seem to do.

Let me see if I have some pictures of my dirty IKEA futon from the 90s than cost like $150. Back when I had tastr$.

eznark

Banned
I guess we should have not gotten the designer couch or Persian rug or the custom curtains and just bought the good stuff from Ikea like all my rich friends from the coast seem to do.

Let me see if I have some pictures of my dirty IKEA futon from the 90s than cost like $150. Back when I had tastr$.

The saddest thing about Tabris isn't that he is a poseur, it's that his pretend internet life is that of a recent college graduate who just got his first salaried job at the call center.

At least lunchbox had flair.

Reported.

Spinluck

The saddest thing about Tabris isn't that he is a poseur, it's that his pretend internet life is that of a recent college graduate who just got his first salaried job at the call center.

Lunchbox was actually funny too.

effzee

Cause we better not

I'll rationalize it somehow if we do though.

Lurie wants Reid 2.0.

Doesn't have McnNabb, Rhodes Defense, or Jim Johnson to coach it though. But to make it as close to Reid as possible he is going to make Doug gain shit ton of weight and kill off one of his sons and make it look like a drug overdose.

I stand corrected.. I read 1960 as the last one and missed the others. My mistake

So 3 championships in 89 years vs 1 championship in 10 years of coaching..

I will amend my previous statement and say he has accomplished a third of what the eagles have done in 89 years.

Yes you got it right! Now imagine how many SBs Gruden could have won if he coached 89 YEARS! My god he is the best coach ever!

I want nothing to do with Gruden. I'd only take Gruden if another coach/FO/regime builds up the roster to have an incredible once in a life time D so Gruden can step in and try to fuck it up at QB but still manage to win a SB.

bionic77

God I hope I was not that dumb when I graduated from college...

Slo

tumblr_m5qly1CEGl1rug97lo1_500.gif

Russ 7/20 5TD 3INT
Teddy 2/13 1TD 1INT
Rodgers 6/23 2TD 0INT
Cousins 6/20 4TD 1INT
Hoyer 5/16 2TD 3INT
Alex 3/13 1TD 1INT
AJ Mc 3/8 1TD 0INT
Dalton 7/23 2TD 3INT
Ben 13/33 3TD 5INT
Brady 3/21 0TD 2INT
Peyton 10/39 3TD 3INT
Cam 11/33 6TD 1INT
Palmer 11/36 3TD 2INT

The biggest surprise to me is that despite missing several games, Noodle Arm threw the most of these passes. And yes, Brady is beyond awful. Everyone knows that!

MechDX

49ers began considering Chip, and finalizing decision to fire Tomsula, middle of last week. Couldn't agree on Payton compensation...

San Fran has been Kelly's best/only potential landing spot. We'll see if it comes together

LaCanfora Twitter

effzee

49ers began considering Chip, and finalizing decision to fire Tomsula, middle of last week. Couldn't agree on Payton compensation...

San Fran has been Kelly's best/only potential landing spot. We'll see if it comes together

LaCanfora Twitter

Makes sense. Good luck Chip miss you ok bye :(

Tom Penny

Russ 7/20 5TD 3INT
Teddy 2/13 1TD 1INT
Rodgers 6/23 2TD 0INT
Cousins 6/20 4TD 1INT
Hoyer 5/16 2TD 3INT
Alex 3/13 1TD 1INT
AJ Mc 3/8 1TD 0INT
Dalton 7/23 2TD 3INT
Ben 13/33 3TD 5INT
Brady 3/21 0TD 2INT
Peyton 10/39 3TD 3INT
Cam 11/33 6TD 1INT
Palmer 11/36 3TD 2INT

Brady should have way more completions with the way his wide outs get separation.

squicken

LaCanfora Twitter

Would like to see Chip there w/Kaep, and even Gabbert as the backup

The biggest surprise to me is that despite missing several games, Noodle Arm threw the most of these passes. And yes, Brady is beyond awful. Everyone knows that!

GOAT. Slangin' to the very end

eznark

Banned
God I hope I was not that dumb when I graduated from college...

When I graduated I went to work at a local mutual fund back office and got a nice little signing bonus. I was like 21. Since I was already in a rad three bedroom loft apartment with some buddies I didn't want to move out. Instead I decided to buy new furniture. Did it real big. Drove all the way to Chicago to the nearest Ikea. Looked a lot like Tabris except mostly brown, with that sweet sweet fake wood look. So shiny, I thought it looked awesome.

Like the third night I had this furniture we had an after party and I'll never forget this freaky nipple ringed 18 year old who I had been hanging out with off and on came into my room. She started laughing and told me all my new furniture looked like Fisher Price shit and left (well, all the way to the couch).

I sold it all on ebay the next week for a couple hundo. Now I won't even let my toddlers have ikea furniture. That shit scarred me.

Tabris probably pays for sex though and adds extra if they don't laugh.

Bread

Banned
When I graduated I went to work at a local mutual fund back office and got a nice little signing bonus. I was like 21. Since I was already in a rad three bedroom loft apartment with some buddies I didn't want to move out. Instead I decided to buy new furniture. Did it real big. Looked a lot like Tabris except mostly brown, with that sweet sweet fake wood look. So shiny, I thought it looked awesome.

Like the third night I had this furniture we had an after party and I'll never forget this freaky nipple ringed 18 year old who I had been hanging out with off and on came into my room. She started laughing and told me all my new furniture looked like Fisher Price shit and left (well, all the way to the couch).

I sold it all on ebay the next week for a couple hundo. Now I won't even let my toddlers have ikea furniture. That shit scarred me.

Tabris probably pays for sex though and adds extra if they don't laugh.
:jnc
i wish i knew college ez

Bionic's rug is becoming the most memorable NFLGAF pic since BLarry's shit.

That's mean.. I like the rug bionic.

So this what you meant earlier.

Lurie wants Reid 2.0.

Doesn't have McnNabb, Rhodes Defense, or Jim Johnson to coach it though. But to make it as close to Reid as possible he is going to make Doug gain shit ton of weight and kill off one of his sons and make it look like a drug overdose.

Yes you got it right! Now imagine how many SBs Gruden could have won if he coached 89 YEARS! My god he is the best coach ever!

I want nothing to do with Gruden. I'd only take Gruden if another coach/FO/regime builds up the roster to have an incredible once in a life time D so Gruden can step in and try to fuck it up at QB but still manage to win a SB.

Imagine if Chip Kelly the GM had ran the roster for the Eagles... You would have won a grand total of zero Super Bowls.

But I agree with you nonetheless that you should want Gruden to stay in the Press Box.

Tabris

Spot the three items from Ikea on this.

MFk94iM.jpg

I won't ask you to name the designer items because you won't know :)

squicken

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
The advantage for the 49ers is that they don't have any really good players for Chip Kelly to trade away.

Bay Area media are getting to be like the East Coast guys. Guess they really hate Jed/Baalke

Narag

:jnc
i wish i knew college ez

I feel we learned all we needed to know about his past after the story of whichever Wisconsin team losing a championship game and his rage being so great that he went for a drive to cool off but just kept on driving.

When he came to, he was in Arizona.

eznark

Banned
Top Bottom