• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

If you saw my post from this morning Gase makes sense.

Hmm I don't recall, I'm warming up to him slightly though. Check these out:

I like that he focuses on match ups and maximizing the talent that you have, something that we haven't done since....? Well anyways I want to see who he brings as DC coach too since the defense is a total rebuild regardless of who we get. Also I'm hearing that we're keeping Campbell as assistant HC and might retain some other staff :/

As long as you are near a metro and not in the bad parts of SE DC you are all good!

A lot of fine ass bitches and rich ass motherfuckers in DC.

Enjoy yourself!

Thanks! I've seen so many fine women so far, you are right. I'm really loving the town and the neighborhoods. Metro is great, to and from work in ~20 minutes.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Khalil Mack getting voted to the All Pro team at two positions is such bullshit and it sets a weird precedent. He is deserving of an All Pro vote but why at both defensive end and Outside linebacker?

Surely there had to have been another defensive end in the AFC who deserved those votes.

I caught maybe two Raiders games this year, including the Lions W over them, but Khalil is an Outside Linebacker. Just because his Coach sometimes put him in a 3 point stance doesn't suddenly make him a defensive end. His weight alone indicates he's a 3-4 linebacker as opposed to a traditional defensive end.

Although I foresee this as a problem going forward for Eric Ebron. As Eric Ebron improves as he did his second year, with the potential of a lot more targets if Megatron is gone, where does he get voted in?

Sure he's listed as a Tight End but I see him lined up as a slot receiver 80% of the time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Khalil Mack getting voted to the All Pro team at two positions is such bullshit and it sets a weird precedent. He is deserving of an All Pro vote but why at both defensive end and Outside linebacker?

Surely there had to have been another defensive end in the AFC who deserved those votes.

I caught maybe two Raiders games this year, including the Lions W over them, but Khalil is an Outside Linebacker. Just because his Coach sometimes put him in a 3 point stance doesn't suddenly make him a defensive end. His weight alone indicates he's a 3-4 linebacker as opposed to a traditional defensive end.

Although I foresee this as a problem going forward for Eric Ebron. As Eric Ebron improves as he did his second year, with the potential of a lot more targets if Megatron is gone, where does he get voted in?

Sure he's listed as a Tight End but I see him lined up as a slot receiver 80% of the time.

He's a tight end.

He's a tight end.

Tom Penny

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Beach

I think most Raider fans would agree as well. Don't need two positions to prove how good he is, give Ansah or Jones the spot.

BigAT

"Biggest draft bust" lists typically don't worry about voting someone in at multiple positions.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He's a tight end.

I usually see him lined up on the outside with either Golden Tate or Megatron near him not in a 3 point stance going out for a route or run blocking like Brandon Pettigrew.

Sendejo_blown_coverage_Lions.0.gif

lionsebron_12315.jpg

Debate aside about Ebron its pretty hilarious Khalil got voted in as both a DE and OLB.

cdyhybrid

:kas, you could have just saved yourself all that typing about Khalil Mack and just said that you (foolishly) think Ebron is a WR. We all knew where you were going immediately.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eric Ebron is a damn tight end already

Randall Cobb taking hand offs doesn't make him a running back.

Holy lick.

Just once I would like to read a string of quotes and see one that says "Guy is a complete moron and an asshole as well"

Should have thrown one in there for the laughs

lol yeah especially since a lot of dolphin fans already declared him a failure.

Sure seems like a done deal. Same with Hue in SF, though I read an interesting take on that. Maybe Cincy fires Marvin and keeps Hue as HC?

e: please Seattle take back the Thunder

https://twitter.com/Bottlegate/status/685647648645341184

Could be, can't imagine they keep Marvin after another one and done in the playoffs. He's already survived 6.

rando14

Sheil Kapadia ‏@SheilKapadia
Marshawn launch downgraded to OUT. After Friday's workout, he felt like he couldn't play.

*cry

squicken

So one thing that kind of bugs me about the Gase hiring is that he has already met with Suh and Tannehill. Given that Tannenbaum extended Tannehill and signed Suh as a FA, and Tannebaum is the football czar now, those two are firmly entrenched there.

It seems a bad spot for Gase to have Suh as a guy he has to get on the same page with. If I were Gase's agent I'd tell him to keep looking

So one thing that kind of bugs me about the Gase hiring is that he has already met with Suh and Tannehill. Given that Tannenbaum extended Tannehill and signed Suh as a FA, and Tannebaum is the football czar now, those two are firmly entrenched there.

It seems a bad spot for Gase to have Suh as a guy he has to get on the same page with. If I were Gase's agent I'd tell him to keep looking

How so? What if he wanted to meet up with them?

Don't hold your breath on Ebron being an all-pro. With that said, Mack rushed from a 3 point stance the vast majority of the year, but I get your point

squicken

Apparently Pederson had his play calling duties taken away after the Chiefs slow start this year. That is the Eagles' next HC?

Slo

I just got an Old Milwaukee Best with hit sauce and whiskey 2/tater tots.. Yeah, I'm at a hipster place.

When I was in college you could get a 24 pack of BEAST for like $8. It was too expensive.

Do they at least hand make the tots?

watershed

Banned
Marshawn Lynch is out for Seahawks. Will be interesting to see how the offense does in the game. We've been amazing without him so I count on that to continue. But it will be sad to not see him play. I wonder if he just won't or shouldn't play at all (if we have more games to play after sunday).

effzee

e: Philly fans would know better, but I was under the impression that Banner, Howie and Reid were all constantly fighting for power in the second half of Reid's tenure

Weren't always constantly fighting. Basically it was all good back when Reid had a grip on things and his 5 year plan. Banner worked the cap, Reid worked with the FO/GM to make personnel decisions, and the fact that they had McNabb and a good to great D kept them atop the division every year.

Once they lost the SB, TO blew up in their face, & McNabb missed 2 straight season with season ending injuries stories started emerging about FO dysfunction. Basically guys like Howie were earning the trust of Lurie and Howie was the force behind getting rid of key veterans like Tra Thomas, Jon Runyan, Dawkins, and ultimately McNabb. These were not moves Reid was in favor of and he really had to be talked into them.

The dysfunction ultimately led to Banner being "fired", Reid going nuts doing shitty things like Juan Castillo as DC with Washburn coaching the Dline, the dream team offseason, and then completely dissolving into a shitty coach. During these years talented FO personnel men like Marc Ross, Licht, Riddick, and some others who didn't or couldn't get along with Howie moved on or were let go.

No shock then that when Chip brought in his own guy, Tom Gamble (from SF), he and Howie clashed. Already reports out that Howie had scouts loyal to him and they would hide or withold reports from Tom and Chip. After Chip's 2nd season, Tom is fired. Chip makes a power play and wins total control. Chip fucks up roster and the terrible season + Howie whispering shit in Lurie's year leads to Chip being kicked out along with Ed Marynowitz who everyone has commended is another bright personnel guy who grew up under Saban.

I really don't get what Howie possess that Lurie loves so much. Howie, much like Banner, is excellent at managing the cap and the Eagles for forever have been salary cap champs. Even after the dream team they were in good shape. But many people can manage the cap and do well. It is much harder to scout talent and draft key pieces to build a championship roster.

I know Lurie wants to win but this kind of loyalty to Howie almost seems like he is far more concerned with managing the cap than winning games.

Wasn't Joe Banner the Eagles salary cap guru? Howie took over the salary cap function after Banner moved on if memory serves. The Eagles were still rolling over 9-10 million every year so the cap management didn't fall off of a cliff once Banner moved on but I have to imagine that Roseman didn't exactly reinvent the salary cap wheel when Banner moved on.

Basically.

effzee

I don't know. All these Eagles fan making it sound like it's impossible to find a good QB through the draft but the last time the Eagles actively tried to draft a franchise QB they landed McNabb. Meanwhile look at all the young first-round QBs in this league right now who have shown promise: Luck, Carr, Bortles, Bridgewater, Mariota, Winston. You draft a QB at 13 and I feel like you can expect Bradford-level production, especially if you build a solid team around him, but his ceiling would potentially be much higher. And he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper.

You do realize that McNabb was #2 overall in a draft considered super talented for QBs. And even then only McNabb panned out?

Back in 2013, when the Eagles had the #3 pick, there were no clear cut franchise QBs. Eagles took Lane Johnson. Took a chance on Barkely. This draft seems like a similar set up. Eagles might get shot at Cook, Goff, and or Lynch at #13, but none are highly considered as the next big or best thing. Many consider them as projects and 2-3rd round picks if not for the fact that teams will be desperate to draft a QB.

effzee

Apparently Pederson had his play calling duties taken away after the Chiefs slow start this year. That is the Eagles' next HC?

Lurie wants to return to the set up he had for 14 years. Reid was a players coach and always had the Eagles in contention. He tried something new and while it didn't exactly work out, mostly he fired Chip for how tough he was to work with or more importantly how he treated Howie.

Pederson won't butt heads with Howie.

Interesting face: Back when Reid took over, the TE/OLINE coach was Shurmur, Pederson the QB until McNabb was ready, and Duce Staley the RB. Could turn out the new coaching staff is Pederson as HC, Staley as RB coach, and Shurmur as OC. Honestly if that is the set up and they are able to retain Bradford it might not be horrible. Main concern no matter who is the QB or HC, is fixing the OLINE.

Maybe to keep the Reid 2.0 theme, they can lure Spags to coach the D.

I am utterly shocked that somehow Sean McDermott is not a candidate in Philly. First I thought it was just because they prefer offensive coaches but they did interview Austin the DC from Detroit and have a interview set up with Bengals DC Guenther.

So why not Sean McDermott? Could it be because he might be outspoken? Was fired for a poor D but one that was largely due to poor drafting and lackluster talent? Or that his brother who was part of the team's marketing department was just fired?

McDermott would be my #1 candidate now that it is obvious Gase isn't coming here. Hue is def not under consideration cause similarly he is opinionated and probably would clash with Howie.

Top Bottom