• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Rodgers is the best I've ever seen. I'm not old enough to have watched Montana in his prime though.

EDIT: Thinking about it, my #2 would have to be Favre. How do Packers fans ever complain about anything??
Too many close postseason losses to stay entirely sane.

Imagine if the Cowboys had yesterday happen to them 5 times in a decade...

Mrbob

Not that I'd like to forget about a defense but I would have a qb settled on first.

Plus I don't know if I'd blame elite defenses against Rodgers as much as coaching or their own defense. He has three playoff ot losses and two times he didn't even touch the ball in OT.

This will be my last post on the matter, I need to move on with my life.

If any one of the following occurred I think the Boyz win:

Crosby misses the 56 yarder. Cowboys have lots of time to get the game winning field goal.
Crosby misses the last 51 yarder, Cowboys win in OT.
Cowboys don't spike it, they eventually get the first down, worst case they tie and go into OT.
Ball doesn't get swatted, Dak converts 3rd and 2. Cowboys win.
Cowboys blitz on 3rd and 20, they stop Rodgers from getting first down, OT and they win.
Cowboys run it on 3rd late they convert.
Before end of half, Cowboys run the ball, instead of shooting for the endzone 3 straight times, come away with a TD.

Probably more that I'm forgetting. "Godgers" was bailed out on numerous occasions, I think Atlanta wins next week, or they lose in Superbowl to Pats. I'm not denying he's good but all time great is laughable.

Anyway, I came away no longer hating him, it is what it is, he's no Brady. GB or ATL please win.

Does Travis Kelce have a sibling?

full

full

What I mean by "he's no Brady" is that I don't really hate him the way I hate Brady.

But I do think Brady is better. Btw he does have amazing pass protection, he isn't doing it alone.

bionic77

Rodgers is the best I've ever seen. I'm not old enough to have watched Montana in his prime though.

EDIT: Thinking about it, my #2 would have to be Favre. How do Packers fans ever complain about anything??
I saw Montana in his prime.

He played a different game because you could not throw over the middle and the defense was allowed to wreck you.

That said Rodgers is far away the most talented qb of all time. It's not even close.

mjp2417

Banned
"Godgers" was bailed out on numerous occasions, I think Atlanta wins next week, or they lose in Superbowl to Pats. I'm not denying he's good but all time great is laughable.

Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. This isn't even controversial at this point, much less laughable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I saw Montana in his prime.

He played a different game because you could not throw over the middle and the defense was allowed to wreck you.

That said Rodgers is far away the most talented qb of all time. It's not even close.

Brady and Manning played at the end of that era, Rogers has played entirely in the offense can do whatever they want era.

That being said he is the best scramble QB of all time and its not even close.

BigAT

This will be my last post on the matter, I need to move on with my life.

If any one of the following occurred I think the Boyz win:

Crosby misses the 56 yarder. Cowboys have lots of time to get the game winning field goal.
Crosby misses the last 51 yarder, Cowboys win in OT.
Cowboys don't spike it, they eventually get the first down, worst case they tie and go into OT.
Ball doesn't get swatted, Dak converts 3rd and 2. Cowboys win.
Cowboys blitz on 3rd and 20, they stop Rodgers from getting first down, OT and they win.
Cowboys run it on 3rd late they convert.
Before end of half, Cowboys run the ball, instead of shooting for the endzone 3 straight times, come away with a TD.

Probably more that I'm forgetting. "Godgers" was bailed out on numerous occasions, I think Atlanta wins next week, or they lose in Superbowl to Pats. I'm not denying he's good but all time great is laughable.

Anyway, I came away no longer hating him, it is what it is, he's no Brady. GB or ATL please win.

MljgARw.gif

My #2 fav in terms of peak ability. Favre was really inconsistent, but when he was on his game he was amazing to watch.

He's obviously not the #2 all-time QB.

I might put Young ahead of Favre in that regard. Favre is mad overrated. Probably Joe Namath is only more overrated. He flat out cost his team more games than nearly any other QB that is considered elite.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I might put Young ahead of Favre in that regard. Favre is mad overrated. Probably Joe Namath is only more overrated. He flat out cost his team more games than nearly any other QB that is considered elite.

Steve Young is always overlooked. He's so great.

I didn't really get a chance to watch Young in his prime. I really started watching NFL around 1997, right when Favre won his super bowl so that probably taints my memory somewhat. Him and Rodgers are just the two main guys who have made me think "how the fuck do they do always do that".

I didn't really get a chance to watch Young in his prime. I really started watching NFL around 1997, right when Favre won his super bowl so that probably taints my memory somewhat. Him and Rodgers are just the two main guys who have made me think "how the fuck do they do always do that".
'95-2001 Favre was insanity. I think Old Favre diminishes people's memory of how good he was at his peak.

Top 3 worst qbs ever

1. Hackenberg
2. Manziel
3. Ponder

I could see Leaf and Tebow fighting for 4 and 5 but honestly those positions are worthless compared to the other three

I think the only concession I might make is tying Ponder with Josh Freeman. Because good god was Freeman ridiculously bad at times in ways that definitely rivaled Ponder, if not eclipsed him

Top 3 worst qbs ever

1. Hackenberg
2. Manziel
3. Ponder

I could see Leaf and Tebow fighting for 4 and 5 but honestly those positions are worthless compared to the other three

I think the only concession I might make is tying Ponder with Josh Freeman. Because good god was Freeman ridiculously bad at times in ways that definitely rivaled Ponder, if not eclipsed him
This list is disrespectful. Brock should be 1-2, and Hack 3. Ponder and Manziel don't deserve this disrespect, smh,

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So how can we get Brock to the Bears?

This must happen somehow

Top Bottom