• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Drakeon

Not shocked at him not wanting it because he's been on record constantly saying that

Shocked if the 49ers get him though

Yeah, Rivers has literally no reason to come to SF. We're years away from rebuilding to compete for a championship and if he doesn't like LA, he's gonna hate SF.

Line_HTX

Philip Rivers and his family in H-E-B commercials...

5RvTPcr.png

"How will my 19 children adjust to moving a whole 2 hours north. Better move a completely different city entirely..."

Get it together, Phillip.

Dishwalla

Banned
Doesn't want to expose his kids to "that environment"

aka he fears one of them becoming openly gay or knowing an openly gay person

Doesn't San Diego have like the highest LGBT population in California? Everyone always thinks of San Francisco, but I was sure San D beat them out.

jg4xchamp

Brady and Manning played at the end of that era, Rogers has played entirely in the offense can do whatever they want era.

That being said he is the best scramble QB of all time and its not even close.
His Super Bowl run was when they could still play defense over the middle of the field.

He carved up that Steelers defense with a pretty suspect offensive line; and that steelers defense was hardly soft over the middle. And he should have put 500 on them.

Let's not front; Rodgers would be amazing under any set of rules.

I really gotta find those old Vikings Fans posts from week 6 :)

Pack Vs Steelers, rematch back in Texas with the same outcome!!!

If the Packers beat the Falcons and the Steelers win then I have to root for the Packers because Rapistburger is Rapistburger.

Buuut the Packers have a worse defense than ATL and an equal or lesser offense so I don't think that's gonna happen.

Falcons beating the Steelers in the Super Bowl sounds good to me!

Or Trumpkin Brady, either way.

Pip to Houston and Romo to Denver would make the AFC a whole lot more interesting next season.

Would like to see someone else on the Chiefs. TBH it's going to be tough for that team to really progress to a Super Bowl team with Reid and Smith both still there

The most apt comparison I saw someone say during that game was "if Favre was The Gunslinger, Alex Smith is the poor villager who gets blown to bits in the first scene to establish the villain". You're not going the distance with the villager and at some point you have to continue the rest of the movie and find the real hero somewhere, instead of rewinding the scene expecting it to eventually end up differently

Would like to see someone else on the Chiefs. TBH it's going to be tough for that team to really progress to a Super Bowl team with Reid and Smith both still there

The most apt comparison I saw someone say during that game was "if Favre was The Gunslinger, Alex Smith is the poor villager who gets blown to bits in the first scene to establish the villain". You're not going the distance with the villager and at some point you have to continue the rest of the movie and find the real hero somewhere, instead of rewinding the scene expecting it to eventually end up differently

Will quote and laugh at this myself if the Chiefs sign Cutler in the offseason thinking he'll be the hero instead. btw

Pepiope

They now have to trade Romo...

Projected 2017 cap $170m
Cowboys over that by $6m.
He was worth more to Dallas than anyone else in the league. Who is going to give up anything of value to take on a 37 year old QB with a big contract?

The last game he started was Thanksgiving 2015.

He was worth more to Dallas than anyone else in the league. Who is going to give up anything of value to take on a 37 year old QB with a big contract?

The last game he started was Thanksgiving 2015.

You forget the Vikings gave your team a first for Sam Badford...

Pepiope

You forget the Vikings gave your team a first for Sam Badford...
Who is nearly a decade younger and had a strong 2nd half with the Eagles the year before while staying healthy. I believe Romo can do the same, but he hasn't had the chance to prove it.

What team is trading away high draft picks to take a chance on him? He isn't a potential long term solution.

Who is nearly a decade younger and had a strong 2nd half with the Eagles the year before while staying healthy. I believe Romo can do the same, but he hasn't had the chance to prove it.

What team is trading away high draft picks to take a chance on him? He isn't a potential long term solution.

Any team that feels like they have a good defense but needs a QB..

Also you gave me a choice of Romo or Badford, I choose Romo... Sam Badford is a bust that keeps getting paid, He's just like his former coach, Jeff Fisher..

Pepiope

Any team that feels like they have a good defense but needs a QB..

Also you gave me a choice of Romo or Badford, I choose Romo... Sam Badford is a bust that keeps getting paid, He's just like his former coach, Jeff Fisher..
Yeah, Romo is better, but he isn't young. He's gonna be a 37 year old QB with back issues and no one knows if he'll last the season. It's partially why Dallas stuck with Dak.

Romo injured his back twice with the best line in football protecting him. Wherever he goes, there's a good chance he is going to be taking more hits than he did in Dallas.

The other tough thing for Dallas is that they (mostly Jerry) might feel the need to do right by Tony and let him choose where he goes, which is going to severely limit how much they can get in return.

Bitanator

They now have to trade Romo...

Projected 2017 cap $170m
Cowboys over that by $6m.

June cut allows them to allocate the 19 mill cap hit over two years or something like that, a very easy to absorb hit. Dallas has ways to get under the cap and sign some players, but people always run with the theme of them being in cap hell

MechDX

June cut allows them to allocate the 19 mill cap hit over two years or something like that, a very easy to absorb hit. Dallas has ways to get under the cap and sign some players, but people always run with the theme of them being in cap hell

That rarely ends well. You just keep kicking that can down the road and sooner or later you have to pay up. Look at the Saints for the most recent example.

Juicy Bob

The prospect of a GB v Patriots or GB v Steelers Super Bowl is so uninspiring to me that it will suck all my enthusiasm out of wanting to watch the biggest game of the year.

Come on, Atlanta. Take it all the way.

Please.

Bitanator

That rarely ends well. You just keep kicking that can down the road and sooner or later you have to pay up. Look at the Saints for the most recent example.

true, Dallas is in this current situation because of doing exactly that, but it is not as terrible as people make it out to be. They probably cannot go out and snag an aj bouye, but they can smartly use their money without having to worry

Top Bottom