• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Striker

how the fuck is ben sucking when he has that o-line

bell

brown

and an all around talented supporting cast?
I was listening to the radio tonight and the Steeler radio guys (this was on 94.9 iirc) were so obnoxious. They were detailing how the AFC has [had] the QB's like Brady, Peyton, and Ben and try to knock Rodgers because he hasn't played against quality talent at QB from other NFC teams. Knocks Eli because he "played with incredible defenses to beat Brady" and talked about Brees just worrying about his stats.

And I'm thinking... Motherfucker, your boy Ben has had top 5 defenses for about 90% of his career. No shit, defenses matter.

jg4xchamp

The AFC has been the weaker conference for awhile. The Patriots are always excellent; but the other teams are usually more suspect or grossly one dimensional like the Peyton Manning teams.

And Big Ben lost to Tim fucking Tebow. Dude owes my wallet and my liver an apology for losing to that circus clown.

Grexeno

The AFC has been the weaker conference for awhile. The Patriots are always excellent; but the other teams are usually more suspect or grossly one dimensional like the Peyton Manning teams.

And Big Ben lost to Tim fucking Tebow. Dude owes my wallet and my liver an apology for losing to that circus clown.
The worst loss ever.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1332223
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1334822
giphy.gif

I had to so we could hire him sooner! What are you waiting for Jed?!
Have guys interviewed Shanny? Orr.... don't won't you to get left in the rain ha

Sephzilla

So what's the NFLGAF consensus on Packers/Falcons? Packers have a shot? Is it going to be a shootout? Can either of these teams stop the Patriots? What's the fastest land animal?

So what's the NFLGAF consensus on Packers/Falcons? Packers have a shot? Is it going to be a shootout? Can either of these teams stop the Patriots? What's the fastest land animal?

If Rodgers is playing, there's always a shot.

I'd give the nod to the Falcons though based on how bad GB's DB's look

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Looks like it'll be a shootout, with a typical Packers ending.

Rodgers Hail Mary to Devante Adams calling it now.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I was listening to the radio tonight and the Steeler radio guys (this was on 94.9 iirc) were so obnoxious. They were detailing how the AFC has [had] the QB's like Brady, Peyton, and Ben and try to knock Rodgers because he hasn't played against quality talent at QB from other NFC teams. Knocks Eli because he "played with incredible defenses to beat Brady" and talked about Brees just worrying about his stats.

And I'm thinking... Motherfucker, your boy Ben has had top 5 defenses for about 90% of his career. No shit, defenses matter.

The NFC has Matthew Stafford. It's obviously not a fair competition.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Leans heavily towards Falcons from what I've read

Yes

Maybe

bionic running away from gata's mom asking for child support

Sephzilla

If Rodgers is playing, there's always a shot.

I'd give the nod to the Falcons though based on how bad GB's DB's look

Atlanta's defense has a pass rush but I think their secondary is pretty exploitable too. Honestly though I'm really worried that Atlanta is going to carve the Packers DBs up. It's going to be another one of those situations where the Packers need to jump out to an early lead

bionic77

Ummm, this is very disrespectful.

Neither of those teams is going to be playing the Pats in the SB so this is just a dumb hypothetical question. It is like asking what if the Switch is not the greatest consumer device of all time.

Stop being dumb. Start being smart.

Thats one of the many mottos of the JoyConBoyz.

Tom Penny

Atl GB comes down to GB Defense. Atl has a top 3 WR and RB's that are equally good at running as catching the ball giving them so many options. GB will score but I can see ATL getting to 30+ even 40. They will likely have to win the TO battle to pull it off IMO.

Pats game comes down to slowing down Bell and if Pitt can generate pressure without Blitzing like Houston did. If Bell is on AB is going to get his customary big plays on top of that. He's too good not to. I don't think Pitt will play lots of man so if they are forced to Blitz in zone they are going to get shredded.

Sometime in the next season to season and a half Big Ben, Eli and Phillip Rivers will pass the 50,000 career yard mark and all will be in the top 10 all time.

Duxxy3

Atl GB comes down to GB Defense. Atl has a top 3 WR and RB's that are equally good at running as catching the ball giving them so many options. GB will score but I can see ATL getting to 30+ even 40. They will likely have to win the TO battle to pull it off IMO.

Pats game comes down to slowing down Bell and if Pitt can generate pressure without Blitzing like Houston did. If Bell is on AB is going to get his customary big plays on top of that. He's too good not to. I don't think Pitt will play lots of man so if they are forced to Blitz in zone they are going to get shredded.

Houston's approach was fascinating.

Essentially confuse Thuney and Andrews and getting 1 on 1 matchups against them. Neither is a bad offensive linemen. But they don't normally get 1 on 1 matchups against, what are essentially, defensive ends. It helps that Mercilus and Clowney are absolutely fucking excellent. Both were on their A game on Saturday.

I can't wait to see that defense next year when Watt is back. If they get a competent QB next year they will make the AFC championship.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

The AFC also isn't helped by the fact that several of it's top teams in the Ben/Brady/Peyton era are amazing choke artists (I'm looking at you Chargers, Bengals and Chiefs). All three of them should've made the superbowl by now and broken up the Brady/Ben/Peyton dynasty.

bionic77

Does GB have a single advantage over Atlanta other than Rodgers? How far can a single player take a crap team in football? It will be absolutely insane if the Falcons play well and the Packers beat them based on another Switch type game out of Rodgers. Maybe this is the week that the rest of the Packers come to play?

Similarly I like the matchup advantages that the Steelers have over the Pats. But matchups don't mean shit if you don't have the right game plan or execute. See Election 2016. :(

Greg

Bionic really does know how to pick out a rug!

Replace the towel with a rug and you're golden.
:jnc

Greg has become the number one Switch Hater lmao. I think Reggie cut in front of him in a line for wings.
I don't like seeing my friends being taken advantage of!

yeah, I don't see a scenario where ATL doesn't put up 30+ easily

they won't be afraid to chuck it deep against high school DBs, and if there is pressure the backs are going to eat them up in the passing game

Rodgers will have to play perfect and they're going to need some turnovers

Sephzilla

Does GB have a single advantage over Atlanta other than Rodgers? How far can a single player take a crap team in football? It will be absolutely insane if the Falcons play well and the Packers beat them based on another Switch type game out of Rodgers. Maybe this is the week that the rest of the Packers come to play?

If Jordy Nelson is healthy enough to play I think you could make an argument that the Packers have a deeper core of wide-outs than Atlanta. The Packers defense also got more turnovers than Atlanta's defense during the regular season.

The Packers are going to have to put up 40 points to win the game though. I don't see a scenario where Atlanta doesn't hit the 30s unless Matt Ryan has a game like he did in the 2010 playoffs

Top Bottom