• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Good morning

aifjlol.gif

Happy Friday!

Special Last Day of the World Edition Dancing GIF!

giphy.gif
Gentleman (and ladies) it has been a privilege posting here with you all

BigAT

Tom Brady in trouble? Right

Why in the bloody hell do people even pay attention to the likes of Cowherd?? That is the dumbest thing I have read today next to....

Chris Carter going on FS1 with Bayless and saying the Cowboys should trade Romo and a first round pick to Houston for Watt. Now cowboy "fans" on social media are all worked up saying "talks about Watt to Dallas are heating up". No they arent. A fucking moron who knows jack shit is giving his hot take.

"Why the hell do people pay attention to Cowherd?

Now please continue to read my post in which I pay attention to Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless!"

Falcons gaf you guys winning the Super Bowl. I can feel it. That offense has no threats in terms of defenses left to deal with it.
Falcons Steelers Super Bowl calling it now.
Gonna be one hell of a game.

Also Happy Inauguration Day......yay.....

I wish Gamestop would let me preorder a Switch. :(

I never shop there but I want to trade in my PS4 (got a Pro for Christmas) and a bunch of games towards it.

bionic77

Cowherd and sports radio is trash but if Bill was a heartless, cold bastard with no concept of loyalty this would be the perfect time to trade Tom and go with the youth.

RBH

707bfac6f41b74687ea7928e1f5e20e9

Chargers owner Dean Spanos held a meet-and-greet event in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

Well, one fan is joining San Diego moving companies on the list of people pissed off about the Chargers relocating and ready to protest:

This has it all. One middle finger. Two middle fingers. Grown men in sports jerseys angry at another man in a sports jersey, who is also angry. The one guy in the Lance Alworth jersey is so mad at Middle Fingers Man that he is ready to fight him. The part that makes it truly sad is after Middle Fingers Man says his peace, he doesn’t want to fight his fellow fan; he calmly walks up the stairs with security, defeated and broken.

Middle Fingers Man goes by SD Sign Guy on Twitter, because he brings signs to games I guess. Based on this tweet, he is happy with himself.

https://twitter.com/jmt619/status/821821326574768128?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Video: https://twitter.com/Mark_T_Willard/status/821819997316071424?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/821819913345978368?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

RBH

ATLANTA FALCONS

Homegrown Players: 27 (20 draftees, 7 college free agents)
Outside Free Agents: 24
Trades/Waivers: 2
Quarterback Acquired: Drafted Matt Ryan with the 3rd overall pick in 2008.
Last Five First-Round Picks: S Keanu Neal (2016, 22); OLB Vic Beasley (2015, 8); OT Jake Matthews (2014, 6); CB Desmond Trufant (2013, 22); WR Julio Jones (2012, 6).
Top 5 Cap Figures: Ryan $23.75M; Jones $15.9M; DE Tyson Jackson $6.35M; G Andy Levitre $5.375M; Matthews $4.48M.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Homegrown Players: 44 (34 draftees, 10 college free agents)
Outside Free Agents: 7
Quarterback Acquired: Drafted Aaron Rodgers with the 24th pick in 2005.
Last Five First-Round Picks: DT Kenny Clark (2016, 27), S Damarious Randall (2015, 30), DB Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (2014, 21), DE Datone Jones (2013, 26), DE Nick Perry (2012, 28).
Top 5 Cap Figures: Rodgers $19.25M; OLB Clay Matthews $13.75M; CB Sam Shields $12.00M; OLB Julius Peppers $10.5M; WR Randall Cobb $9.15M.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Homegrown Players: 37 (27 draftees, 10 college free agents)
Outside Free Agents: 10
Trades/Waivers: 6
Quarterback Acquired: Drafted Tom Brady with the 199th overall pick in 2000.
Last Five First-Round Picks: DT Malcom Brown (2015, 32); Dominique Easley (2014, 29); DE Chandler Jones (2012, 21); LB Dont’a Hightower (2012, 25); OT Nate Solder (2011, 17).
Top 5 Cap Figures: Brady $13.76M; Solder $10.32M; Hightower $7.75M; DE Jabaal Sheard $6.81M; TE Rob Gronkowski $6.62M

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Homegrown Players: 30 (23 draftees, 7 college free agents)
Outside Free Agents: 21
Quarterback Acquired: Drafted Ben Roethlisberger with the 11th overall pick in 2004.
Last Five First-Round Picks: CB Artie Burns (2016, 25); OLB Bud Dupree (2015, 22); ILB Ryan Shazier (2014, 15); OLB Jarvis Jones (2013, 17); OG David DeCastro (2012, 24)
Top 5 Cap Figures: Roethlisberger $23.95M; ILB Lawrence Timmons $15.13M; WR Antonio Brown $11.88M; C Maurkice Pouncey $10.55M; DL Cam Heyward $10.4M.

Clearly, the Falcons aren’t built like the Packers, the Steelers’ construction is different than it was with their most recent (drafted-player heavy) title teams, and the Patriots’ high percentage of homegrown talent belies the fact that half of their first-round picks since 2012 are on other rosters. But when other teams look, they do see a few commonalities.
------------------------------------

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/19/how-nfc-afc-championship-teams-built-nfl-playoffs

The number of homegrown players on the Packers will always impress me.

This also impresses me:

Last Five First-Round Picks: S Keanu Neal (2016, 22); OLB Vic Beasley (2015, 8); OT Jake Matthews (2014, 6); CB Desmond Trufant (2013, 22); WR Julio Jones (2012, 6).
Thomas Dimitroff nailing those 1st round picks.

Jarnet87

I wish Gamestop would let me preorder a Switch. :(

I never shop there but I want to trade in my PS4 (got a Pro for Christmas) and a bunch of games towards it.

You done missed out, GameStop was giving extra trade in value for the systems toward a Switch plus an additional 20-30 if you are a pro member. Maybe you can still trade it towards a Switch for future allotments?

You done missed out, GameStop was giving extra trade in value for the systems toward a Switch plus an additional 20-30 if you are a pro member. Maybe you can still trade it towards a Switch for future allotments?
Trust me, I know. I was planning on taking advantage of that deal and preorders sold out right before I went to the store.

this_guy

What's a pro member? Do I have to pay for that? What if I wore my Members Only jacket when doing the transaction?

Bionic - can you tell Nintendo to make an SNES Classic? I'd buy that in an instant. In fact I'd buy 20 of them
to put on ebay

BigAT

What's a pro member? Do I have to pay for that? What if I wore my Members Only jacket when doing the transaction?

Just tell them you're a Joycon Boy and you'll get the discount. Plus a Gamestop employee will take you in the back and service you.

Draxal

Can't believe it's coming out this year. I hope they really mix up the style and presentation, I loved Fates but I've seen enough of that look between Fates and Awakening.

Kozaki is probably my favorite Fire Emblem artist as he avoids the gigantic ass eyes that plagued anime titles, but he's not doing this game. He is the lead artist for the mobile game though.

Kozaki is probably my favorite Fire Emblem artist as he avoids the gigantic ass eyes that plagued anime titles, but he's not doing this game. He is the lead artist for the mobile game though.
I'm sorry, the what game? I keep trying to read what you said about some other game but it's not there anymore.

jbug617

Banned
Orr was a beast.
Orr decided to retire despite the Ravens attempting to talk him out of it, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. According to Mike Garafolo, Orr played through a cracked bone in his shoulder late last season. He did not miss a game until Week 17, after the Ravens had been eliminated from playoff contention. The Ravens said he missed the finale because of a neck injury.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/20/report-ravens-zach-orr-to-retire-at-age-24/

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sweet, now all of the Packers receivers are dead too. Here comes the practice squad in the conference championship.

None have been ruled out. I mean it's the playoffs so they'll shoot them full of painkillers and send them out there if they're physically capable of running.

I think I'd start panicking if they're out there for the first series and then the second series it's just Janis, Cobb, and Cook. Hope Janis learned how to run a fucking route with all that speed of his otherwise it'll be a whole game of Rodgers looking like he wants to stab him.

Jarnet87

Bionic - can you tell Nintendo to make an SNES Classic? I'd buy that in an instant. In fact I'd buy 20 of them
to put on ebay

No jacket, only a bad magazine every month.

bionic77

I wonder how snesfreak feels about the Switch.......

https://twitter.com/snesfreak
This boy has great taste in this system but I am not sure if he meets the demanding requirements and demands expected of a JoyConBoy.

I am going to consult with the other Boyz and make a decision on it in a few days.

Liking the pro-Switch feel of this page so far though.

Starting to get down about the weekend though. Even though we coming I am worried that President Trump's first action as some other people's president is to push for a Pats win. Trump and the Pats go together and he probably wants a strong start for his administration. This is the worst.

We still coming though! We coming for that ass Brady! Hide behind the President if you want but we still coming!

Well friends, America had a good run (it was ok). Good luck to those that decided to stay behind, us on the best coast will do everything we can to preserve the best of America and hopefully in 4 years we can being to rebuild. Our borders will remain open and vigilant so if anyone needs asylum y'all know where to go.

Top Bottom