• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Admittedly that's how I ended up buying my Wii circa 2008: had to get a bundle w/ Mario Galaxy, an extra Wii remote, and some bull shit Mad Catz charging station
GameCube and GBA had forced bundles at GameStop. GCN was three games, a shitty third party controller, an official memory card 51, a copy of Game Over a very good book about the early days of NoA, and a year of a magazine.

GBA was just two games and a screen cover.

"Cut 'em" is the default fan solution to any problem on a football team.

I feel bad for Odell. He's gonna take all the blame because he had a bad game and took a picture on a boat, but he was the Jints' entire offense. It's hard as hell for a one note offense to dominate all the way to a Super Bowl. Giants couldn't run, Cruz is cooked, they have no legit Tight End, so it's boom or bust for Odell. Remove him and it's curtains for the G-Men, as we all saw last night.

Hindl

I don't remember Wii at launch but that was actually a hard console to get for at least a year after launch.

It is hilarious how people fall for this shit every launch. I am sure the Switch will sell out but you cannot trust GameStop about shortages. They want to fuck you with the accessories and horrible Ubisoft games.

People fall for it every freaking time though because they are dumb.

Gamestop will do that but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to undership and have the Switch be hard to get for a while. In the past few years there's been multiple times where they have just completely underestimated how much to ship (NES Classic, Gamecube Adapter, 3DSes this season, etc.) They're probably still scarred from the warehouses of unsold Wii Us but they better open preorders on Friday so they won't be sold out

Fitts

I feel bad for Odell. He's gonna take all the blame because he had a bad game and took a picture on a boat, but he was the Jints' entire offense. It's hard as hell for a one note offense to dominate all the way to a Super Bowl. Giants couldn't run, Cruz is cooked, they have no legit Tight End, so it's boom or bust for Odell. Remove him and it's curtains for the G-Men, as we all saw last night.

We'll take him. He'll fit right in. Drops are a big part of Raider culture.

MechDX

Dont think Vrabel will get the HC spot in LA but Im happy he is getting the recognition he deserves. Texans linebacker corps are playing ridiculously good. Coincidence he arrived and Clowney evolves, Mercilus gets recognized finally, 2nd year ILB McKinney makes ALL Pro?

Need him a couple more years so he can turn TJ Watt into a monster.

squicken

Dont think Vrabel will get the HC spot in LA but Im happy he is getting the recognition he deserves. Texans linebacker corps are playing ridiculously good. Coincidence he arrived and Clowney evolves, Mercilus gets recognized finally, 2nd year ILB McKinney makes ALL Pro?

He's going to be a good coach but it wold be a big leap to go from a position coach to a HC. But yeah the work he did with the Texan's LBs has been awesome.

Giants on a boat enjoying the offseason....I am going to the dark side...Go Patriots...you have my sword cut all these cunts down...

squicken

giphy.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Dallas is winning next week.

*Dallas already won 30-16 in Lambeau
*in a game without Dez
*in which Aaron was held to only 294 passing yards
*Jordy Nelson most likely out for this one

You can let your hatred of Dallas and your hatred of their phenomenal black QB blind you, but this team is good. Sorry.

Our boy is legit doing it

MechDX

Sephzilla

Dallas is winning next week.

*Dallas already won 30-16 in Lambeau
*in a game without Dez
*in which Aaron was held to only 294 passing yards
*Jordy Nelson most likely out for this one

You can let your hatred of Dallas and your hatred of their phenomenal black QB blind you, but this team is good. Sorry.

The Packers were a much different team at that point in the season then where they're at now. And it's not like Dez is a big factor in Packer/Dallas games anyway since he can never catch a ball.

Tom Nook

No competitive games in the wild card. All blowouts.

Raiders: No Carr, no win.
Fins: No Tanny, No Moore wins.
Giants: Don't party with Bieber.
Lions: Just being Lions....

MechDX

Dr. Mark Adickes @jocktodoc
Concerns for Jordy Nelson are broken ribs, pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and splenic laceration with blow occurring on his left side.
7:36 AM - 9 Jan 2017

Got damn. #Pray4Greg

Bronx-Man

Banned
The Packers were a much different team at that point in the season then where they're at now. And it's not like Dez is a big factor in Packer/Dallas games anyway since he can never catch a ball.
October:
"Dallas is never getting past Green Bay's defense! They're 3-1!"

January:
"Dallas is never getting past Green Bay's defense! They're a radically different team!"

zDevg3y.gif

Sephzilla

October:
"Dallas is never getting past Green Bay's defense! They're 3-1!"

January:
"Dallas is never getting past Green Bay's defense! They're a radically different team!"

zDevg3y.gif

Whoa now. Even at 3-1 everyone knew Green Bay's secondary was a disaster that could be blown up. They beat the Jaguars by only 4 points, lost to Sam Bradford, and let Detroit back into a game that should have been over at halftime.

FTFY since catching in the NFL requires a footnote

dez-pbp-catch-gb.jpg

Ball touched the ground before he had solid possession.

If I was Dez Bryant I would worry every time one of his catches goes to replay

Farooq

Banned
BS, Dez diving for the endzone should be considered an act common to the game. Diving for the endzone should have completed the process of the catch.

This is Mike Pereira said in 2010 about a controversial Saints TD. He was VP of officiating at the time.

By rule, when a receiver with possession of the ball is in the act of going to the ground and performs a second act by reaching out to break the plane, that completes the process of the catch and the ball is dead when it breaks the plane.

bionic77

Pats at the White House with Trump. Ugh.

Anyone and everyone, please stop this from happening.
You can't stop it.

They are going to be there whether or not they win the SB.

America wanted this. They chose evil.

I beg all of you to send a message to the evildoers by buying a Switch on launch. We need to send them a message that we will not go quietly into the night.

The alternative of course is to keep playing CoD on your PS4/Xbone and go quietly into the night like a basic little bitch.

Choice is yours GAF! I choose to fight!

#Switch2017

Sephzilla

BS, Dez diving for the endzone should be considered an act common to the game. Diving for the endzone should have completed the process of the catch.

This is Mike Pereira said in 2010 about a controversial Saints TD. He was VP of officiating at the time.

dez2.0.gif

Honestly, you're probably right that it was a catch.

For the sake of discussion - the way i could see this being interpreted as a non catch is that contact was made while in the act of making the catch and was going to the ground. If I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that means that Dez needs to go through the full process of completing the catch and that the ball cannot hit the ground during that (basically the Calvin Johnson rule). So even though he's lunging for the end zone he still hasn't properly "established possession". So, maybe it's contradicting rules or something.

But eh, it was still probably a catch.

Its hot take bullshit and its typical of the emotional reactions after a bad loss. Just like calling for a 1st year head coach who led a team to the playoffs to be fired. We've discussed it before - fanbases have no patience no matter how much they like to claim that they do.

Nevermind that the Giants were supposed to be in the basement of the NFC East coming into this season. Washington had won the division and was on the rise. The Eagles had a fancy new franchise QB with a good defense and Dallas came into the season with a stacked offensive roster (which was true). 11-5, first playoff berth in 5 years and for anyone that truly watched this team - we knew the offense was on borrowed time and that this wasn't a Super Bowl team. It would have been nice to win a playoff game, sure and I still believe the Giants from a match-up perspective would have given Dallas the fits had we made it but we got the exact wrong team at the exact wrong time right out of the gate. It happens and I have a hard time feeling like shit losing to Aaron Rodgers at the height of his powers.

Ohio state players Curtis Samuel and Noah brown declared for draft. A lot of talent leaving again. I have reason to believe Floy might be connected 🤔

Top Bottom