• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

MechDX

Kind of surprised there hasnt been at least one coaching hire yet. Someone usually moves on one by now.

Broncos to be the first with Joseph? (which I still dont get how he is getting considered)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Not sure but Im sure it'd have some effect. They don't even wear the pads theyre supposed to because they think it slows them down, let alone something that heavy. For as little as I know about playing with injuries of any sort, I'd imagine playing with cracked ribs and a flak jacket would more affect his "mobility" and ability to turn his body to adjust to a pass or extend for a ball would be as much of a concern.

That's assuming there's no internal organ damage/risk, which seems to be the current scuttlebutt as well.

I mean if it honestly slows him down significantly and he's risking a serious injury beyond something like a broken rib, then what's the point because he's kind of a liability on the field at that point.

If the Giants defense is truly better than Dallas, then we shouldn't miss Jordy too terribly provided that Rodgers plays well.

I had a lot of beer yesterday, even got a free pilsner glass from a beer rep (and like 5 free beers!) But unlike Grova I didn't black out or have any kind of hangover.

15871921_10154419636069611_7515873168941056924_n.jpg

T'was a fun season, sad that it ended but I haven't been this optimistic about the dolphins in over a decade. (Maybe since Jimmy Johnson?)

And we still got the best cheerleaders in any sport!

Anyways from here on out it's:

#GoRomo
#FuckthePats
#FuckRBH
Fixed friend

MechDX

He worked miracles with the talent we had on defense,

I watched that game yesterday and the defense was severely lacking on basic fundamentals like wrap up tackling. That isnt a talent issue, that is coaching

Hey I like Vance and I told you that when Miami hired him. I just think its too soon for him to be a HC

I watched that game yesterday and the defense was severely lacking on basic fundamentals like wrap up tackling. That isnt a talent issue, that is coaching

Uh yeah that's what happens when we have 3rd stringers and players we signed a few months ago starting in a playoff game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I had a lot of beer yesterday, even got a free pilsner glass from a beer rep (and like 5 free beers!) But unlike Grova I didn't black out or have any kind of hangover.

15871921_10154419636069611_7515873168941056924_n.jpg

T'was a fun season, sad that it ended but I haven't been this optimistic about the dolphins in over a decade. (Maybe since Jimmy Johnson?)

And we still got the best cheerleaders in any sport!

Anyways from here on out it's:

#GoRomo
#FuckthePats

Tough break for half the AFC...

I hate that the Raiders and Dolphins had to go into the playoffs without their starting quarterback.

Sephzilla

I mean if it honestly slows him down significantly and he's risking a serious injury beyond something like a broken rib, then what's the point because he's kind of a liability on the field at that point.

If the Giants defense is truly better than Dallas, then we shouldn't miss Jordy too terribly provided that Rodgers plays well.

We honestly got Randall Cobb back at the perfect time. Having both Cobb and Jordy would be nice though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Texans didn't have their starting QB. :(

I thought about Houston when I was making that post but you guys will hopefully have Savage available this weekend.

Unfortunately I bet BoB will play Bork because Bork Bork.

We honestly got Randall Cobb back at the perfect time. Having both Cobb and Jordy would be nice though.

Cobb playing well again was awesome to watch. I don't necessarily expect it to happen again since the Cowboys will focus on him so I hope Allison or somebody else can pick up the slack.

I hate that the Raiders and Dolphins had to go into the playoffs without their starting quarterback.

Yea but Tannehill would not have made a difference in this game, the defense lost it. Although Nats fumbola at the half was heartbreaking.

Hey I like Vance and I told you that when Miami hired him. I just think its too soon for him to be a HC

If he's ready is another matter but I understand why they are headhunting him.

Yeah it really sucks but I think even with Tannehill we had little chance, we probably don't have the turnovers on offense but our Defense would have still been killed, just too many injuries and lack of talent (and that was before all the injuries)

Yea but Tannehill would not have made a difference in this game, the defense lost it. Although Nats fumbola at the half was heartbreaking.

Tannehill (probably) doesn't have the turnovers and he's more mobile than Moore, there was at least two first downs Tannehill could have easily gotten that Moore just doesn't have the speed for.

FTF

Falcons
Cowboys (can't see Nelson playing)
Steelers
Patriots (though I hate these 2+ td spread games where no one thinks it'll be close)

this_guy

I think not playing him in the second half (and JDR's subsequent comments about it not making a difference) was confirmation that we're done with him anyway. I wish him the best wherever he goes, but wouldn't be surprised if he's done in the league altogether after failing so badly. The Carr injury gave him the most highly publicized golden opportunity he could've asked for -- a chance to Brock his way into a contract -- and he blew it.

Connor Cook looked much better than he did in their final game of the season. While neither backups were going to win a playoff game at least Cook had some nice throws.

Are people still debating the Dez non-catch? Going by the NFL rule book that's not a catch. The whole "going to the ground" thing is in effect.

The Texans have a decent shot
for me to get free McNuggets
this upcoming Saturday. They won't be facing Brisket again and Bob didn't show any of the offense as he was getting ready for this moment. That's why the Texans got shut out and blown out earlier in the season. Bob's got this.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Kind of surprised there hasnt been at least one coaching hire yet. Someone usually moves on one by now.

Broncos to be the first with Joseph? (which I still dont get how he is getting considered)

I'm totally expecting them to hire Mini-Shanny when the Falcons are eliminated.

Sephzilla

Cobb playing well again was awesome to watch. I don't necessarily expect it to happen again since the Cowboys will focus on him so I hope Allison or somebody else can pick up the slack.

If Nelson can't go, the Cowboys still have to worry about Cobb, Allison, Cook, and Adams.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Vance Joseph Has Spoken To Mike McCoy About Returing As OC If Broncos Hire Him As Head Coach https://t.co/RCTJTbj4zW #Broncos https://t.co/cIvmjfkLSX

Sounds like Joseph is already building a staff

Despite the strong play of his unit the past two seasons, Phillips is expected to be replaced by secondary coach Joe Woods if Joseph is hired, Sporting News first reported.

Interesting...

I'd still want Wade back though.

We'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

JPP wants to remain with the Giants but won't sign another one year deal (franchise tag or not). Says he wants a long term deal.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 2m2 minutes ago
Jason Pierre-Paul states he will not sign franchise tag if Giants slap it on him again. Wants to stay on long- term deal.

Mike GarafoloVerified account
‏@MikeGarafolo
JPP says he's not signing a one-year deal this time. "I've done proved it ... There's not a guy like me doing it with 7 and a half fingers."

I don't blame him. Once he turned it on, he was playing really well. The Giants paid out for Vernon though and have Hankins on deck to get paid. My bet is he ends up with another team next season. I know the Cardinals had heavy interest before he resigned with the Giants. I'd expect Steve Kiem to go after him though I wish we could resign him.

@JessamynMcIntyr
Pete Carroll on Russian #Seahawks fans: "I can't wait to communicate with them, you know, like the president." @710ESPNSeattle

Line_HTX

"If I were you, I wouldn't repeat it, because it's false," the Texans owner said, brushing off the notion that O'Brien could have been fired had Houston not beaten the Raiders 27-14 on Saturday. ”... I don't know where [reporters] get that from. There's nothing to it. I'm not going to fire him. We're already talking about next year, so forget that."

Jay Glazer needs to have a fucking pie shoved in his face for his irresponsible way of saying an opinion instead of at minimum saying "I have sources telling me etc." Lost points and credibility big time.

Also, McClain was right in this case too.

Top Bottom