• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

"Cut 'em" is the default fan solution to any problem on a football team.

I feel bad for Odell. He's gonna take all the blame because he had a bad game and took a picture on a boat, but he was the Jints' entire offense. It's hard as hell for a one note offense to dominate all the way to a Super Bowl. Giants couldn't run, Cruz is cooked, they have no legit Tight End, so it's boom or bust for Odell. Remove him and it's curtains for the G-Men, as we all saw last night.

If you live life in the public eye, you have to deal with the criticism when you play like shit and go partying in Miami right before your first playoff game. You don't need to feel bad for him.

He had three critical drops that could have kept the game competitive early but he blew it.

Sephzilla

I'm thinking about putting 1k down on Bossweiler and Texans.

pL0kU.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So how much would one of those kevlar body armor things that Romo wore have an effect on Nelson's speed? That's the only way I see him playing Sunday

Excuse me while I go and rub one out.

dez2.0.gif

Honestly, you're probably right that it was a catch.

For the sake of discussion - the way i could see this being interpreted as a non catch is that contact was made while in the act of making the catch and was going to the ground. If I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that means that Dez needs to go through the full process of completing the catch and that the ball cannot hit the ground during that (basically the Calvin Johnson rule). So even though he's lunging for the end zone he still hasn't properly "established possession". So, maybe it's contradicting rules or something.

But eh, it was still probably a catch.

That was a catch. He has the ball in his control and takes three steps before reaching out for the pylon.

So how much would one of those kevlar body armor things that Romo wore have an effect on Nelson's speed? That's the only way I see him playing Sunday

Not sure but Im sure it'd have some effect. They don't even wear the pads theyre supposed to because they think it slows them down, let alone something that heavy. For as little as I know about playing with injuries of any sort, I'd imagine playing with cracked ribs and a flak jacket would more affect his "mobility" and ability to turn his body to adjust to a pass or extend for a ball would be as much of a concern.

That's assuming there's no internal organ damage/risk, which seems to be the current scuttlebutt as well.

tmdorsey

bionic I'm going to ask you a question

and I need you to be straight with me

If I embrace Switch and allow myself to be serviced by the JCB

will this guarantee that the Falcons never win shit?

I'm not bionic but I'm gonna go ahead and answer this with "Hell No".

bionic my friend the success Switch may very well be tied to the success of the Falcons in these playoffs. The success of the Switch relies on you getting behind the Atlanta Falcons.

Ohio state players Curtis Samuel and Noah brown declared for draft. A lot of talent leaving again. I have reason to believe Floy might be connected 🤔
I said that those two shouldn't leave.. they are making a mistake.. Samuel more than Noah at least Noah can say the WR class isn't the greatest overall.

But.. go Curtis and Noah..

You're up DMC and Victor

MechDX

Good morning everyone

What's the countdown till the offseason happiness begins?

I think
Cowboys
Falcons (sorry CDY, I want the Hawks to win.. but I'm going Falcons)
Steelers (Andy pls.. I need you stop evil)
Patriots (fuck.. this is horrible.. Mech, Dega, Line.. Stop this)

Go Browns

Only hope for Saturday. Floyd picked the Pats.

#Positives

bionic77

I'm not bionic but I'm gonna go ahead and answer this with "Hell No".

bionic my friend the success Switch may very well be tied to the success of the Falcons in these playoffs. The success of the Switch relies on you getting behind the Atlanta Falcons.
Incorrect friend.

Football was a mistake.

Remember that Tom Brady and his best friend Donald Trump want you to watch football and get involved in these games. They want you to accept the results of the Patriots win and the election, both of which were gained by cheating.

The one thing that terrifies them is seeing you and millions like you with a Nintendo Switch in your hands, spreading the ideals and values that we as a country previously held dearly.

One console future starts this year.

Line_HTX

Dallas is winning next week.

*Dallas already won 30-16 in Lambeau
*in a game without Dez
*in which Aaron was held to only 294 passing yards
*Jordy Nelson most likely out for this one

You can let your hatred of Dallas and your hatred of their phenomenal black QB blind you, but this team is good. Sorry.

What does hating on Dallas and all the media dick sucking they do have anything to do with hating Dak?

MechDX

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told the #Eagles have fired wide receivers coach Greg Lewis. Apparently that's who is getting the blame for the WR woes this year. 🤔

YH we did it!

Hindl

Charles RobinsonVerified account
‏@CharlesRobinson
I'm told the #Eagles have fired wide receivers coach Greg Lewis. Apparently that's who is getting the blame for the WR woes this year. ��

Well they can't be much worse than they were

Edit: Damnit Mech!

Josh Dubow ‏@JoshDubowAP 18h18 hours ago
#Raiders McGloin on what he's looking for as free agent: "Somewhere where they will give me a chance to compete for a starting role."

LOL, bye McGloin

If you live life in the public eye, you have to deal with the criticism when you play like shit and go partying in Miami right before your first playoff game. You don't need to feel bad for him.

He had three critical drops that could have kept the game competitive early but he blew it.

I'm not sorry for him because he's being criticized. I'm sorry for him because the Giants entire offense lived and died with his production (or lack thereof)

When The Giants played the Steelers in week 13 The Steelers removed Beckham completely, and the G-Men had no answer. Cruz played (apparently - I don't remember seeing him on the field at all) but the Giants offense was completely ineffective with Beckham not getting touches.

I never bought into the "playoff Eli" hype, but you gotta cut the guy some slack, the Giants have no offensive skill positions to be feared, except Beckham. And in the playoffs, teams always work to remove your best player. Sure he had a bad game with some bad drops. That's where the rest of the team should comes in.

I see what you're doing Floyd. You're bringing about the Mayan destruction that was predicted. You can't do it because you ain't got it. But I'll allow the destruction of the Cheatriots. Nothing more, nothing less
I'm not. I don't believe in Bork..

We are getting a Pats/Cowboys Super Bowl

We need to accept that

Fitts

Josh Dubow ‏@JoshDubowAP 18h18 hours ago
#Raiders McGloin on what he's looking for as free agent: "Somewhere where they will give me a chance to compete for a starting role."

LOL, bye McGloin

I think not playing him in the second half (and JDR's subsequent comments about it not making a difference) was confirmation that we're done with him anyway. I wish him the best wherever he goes, but wouldn't be surprised if he's done in the league altogether after failing so badly. The Carr injury gave him the most highly publicized golden opportunity he could've asked for -- a chance to Brock his way into a contract -- and he blew it.

Texans got this. Bob had his team playing possum earlier in the year. He knew that they would meet again in the playoffs and he didnt want to give the cheat anything to work off of. While everyone else is playing checkers bob is playing Go.

I had a lot of beer yesterday, even got a free pilsner glass from a beer rep (and like 5 free beers!) But unlike Grova I didn't black out or have any kind of hangover.

15871921_10154419636069611_7515873168941056924_n.jpg

T'was a fun season, sad that it ended but I haven't been this optimistic about the dolphins in over a decade. (Maybe since Jimmy Johnson?)

And we still got the best cheerleaders in any sport!

Anyways from here on out it's:

#GoRomo
#FuckthePats

Top Bottom