• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
oeT92P9.jpg

Zeke

Not that I really give a shit but OBJ and the rest of the giants WR's getting roasted for going to Miami has been entertaining. For the record I don't think that trip was the giants undoing but you gotta know doing that is going to invite a media frenzy if you lose. Dallas fans had to deal with this shit when Romo and Witten went to Cabo for some wife swapping fun so I don't exactly feel sorry for the giants. I'm actually more surprised the media didn't make a bigger deal about the drugs on the boat.

Cowboys....Packers banged up, Cowboys end that whole the winner of NY/GB goes to the Superbowl stat..

Patriots....Bork hahahahaha

Steelers.. might change this pick base on Ben's foot..

Atlanta.. Seahawks not good on the road..

BigAT

So when they say man on man sex acts were taking place are they talking about vikings players? If so I am surprised that did not get more coverage.

I noticed that as well. I don't recall anything about that coming up at the time of the incident, so maybe it's just a misquote/error.

NY Media had the boat stories and bullshit at the ready for the minute they lost that game. It's going to be a long offseason of this nonsense. Hasn't even been a day and I'm already bored of it.

Hell I called it out when Buck and Aikman started prattling on about it when OBJ missed that one off his fingertips that I considered to be overthrown by Eli late in the game.

Buck was like "and I hate to even bring it up but you have to wonder if that trip to Miami had something to do with Odell not being able to catch that ball, Troy."

Troy "yes and you have to see the way these guys are and then they can't be doing things that are that way and then the distraction of being on a boat and that's why, Joe."

Joe: "yes the boat was a terrible idea even though we can't really be sure it had any impact on what can only be called an horrific outing from Odell."

Ugh fuck outta here you morons

Gigglepoo

I still don't understand why Ty Montgomery's fumble was blown dead. The NFL is weird.

Yeah, I was excited because of Kamiya but nothing they showed looked particularly good.

If Kamiya's name wasn't attached, people would have dismissed Scalebound as junk a long time ago.

MechDX

Eli's response to the "boat" comments is pretty good IMO:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...beckham-you-do-things-you-have-to-back-it-up/

”You've got to learn that the perception of things makes it different," Manning said, via the New York Daily News. ”You do things, you've got to back it up. And I don't think it had an impact on the game. I thought we had a great week of practice. Guys were making plays and running around and intense and focused and everything [was] good. Unfortunately we just didn't have it yesterday."

It probably didnt have a direct impact on the game but the perception is pretty damn bad. In this day and age of instant "I need clicks!" media shit gets out of control fast

squicken

Wentz has taken the crown of captain checkdown away from Sam for good.

Bradford set the completion % record this year, and it really is a useless record so I never really cared much about it. But the reporting on it was that Bradford "cheated" b/c he only threw short passes and that is why he set the mark. He definitely threw shorter and shorter as the OL issues got worse, but he was accurate all over the field.

Tom Penny

Texans have explosive WR TE and RB's. Brock has a strong arm and his ability to extend plays causes major problems.

def coordinator Matt Patricia

🤔

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It's especially ridiculous and comical coming from Aikman considering what his Cowboys teams did off the field while they were winning their Super Bowls.

If this is about charles haley and his medical needs for full and regular releases then it's simply unfair.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Hell I called it out when Buck and Aikman started prattling on about it when OBJ missed that one off his fingertips that I considered to be overthrown by Eli late in the game.

Buck was like "and I hate to even bring it up but you have to wonder if that trip to Miami had something to do with Odell not being able to catch that ball, Troy."

Troy "yes and you have to see the way these guys are and then they can't be doing things that are that way and then the distraction of being on a boat and that's why, Joe."

Joe: "yes the boat was a terrible idea even though we can't really be sure it had any impact on what can only be called an horrific outing from Odell."

Aikman, whose whole team was sniffing coke out of every hooker orifice in the Dallas-Ft Worth area, shouldn't talk about such things.

this_guy

Still better than Phil Simms

BigAT

If this is about charles haley and his medical needs for full and regular releases then it's simply unfair.

He was simply practicing his grip strength and hand speed, both important traits for defensive ends trying to disengage from blockers.

Jerry Reese going in on Beckham.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 4m4 minutes ago
Giants GM Jerry Reese with strong thoughts on Beckham: "He's a smart guy but sometimes he doesn't do smart things." Says time to grow up.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 51s52 seconds ago
The team is doing it's own investigation on the hole in wall. They'll hold Beckham responsible if they find he punched hole in wall.

McAdoo took responsibility for it:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 35m35 minutes ago
Ben McAdoo on the wall punch: "We and I take full responsibility for that. That's not the way we want to act after ballgames."

More from his press conference on JPP:

New York Giants ‏@Giants 2m2 minutes ago
"Of course we want him back. He's a good football player." - GM Jerry Reese on JPP

On Erek Flowers:

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 4m4 minutes ago
Jerry Reese on Ereck Flowers: It's time for him to show fruits of being a 1st-round pick. They'll evaluate whether that is at left tackle.

New York Giants ‏@Giants 11m11 minutes ago
"Offensively as a whole it didn't function as a unit like we thought it would...we'll be honest and evaluate." - GM Jerry Reese

I think it looks interesting but Sea of Theives looked so amazing it is hard for anything else to stand out.

Sea of Thieves will be the greatest game ever created.

I still don't understand why Ty Montgomery's fumble was blown dead. The NFL is weird.

If Kamiya's name wasn't attached, people would have dismissed Scalebound as junk a long time ago.

Pretty much, which makes the rage in the thread on gaming side all the more hilarious. Why should you pour more millions into mediocre looking game plagued by missed deadlines and all sorts of other problems?

Sucks for Kamiya though, was his dream game was it not?

Tom Penny

Still better than Phil Simms
"Shazier he's not one of the fastest guys, but... he's... definitely one of the fastest." #analysis #MIAvsPIT

— Phil Simms Quotes (@philsimmsquotes) January 8, 2017
"I can't blame Matt Moore. If it wasn't for that INT and two fumbles, he's had a perfect game!" - But he did soooo. #analysis #MIAvsPIT

Zeke

Aikman, whose whole team was sniffing coke out of every hooker orifice in the Dallas-Ft Worth area, shouldn't talk about such things.
Difference is despite their hooker and blow parties they handled their business on the field. It would be a lot different if they had pulled a bills and not won shit. You know the old saying of winning solves everything. Plus different era's Irvin and the rest didn't have social media to worry about thank fuck.

Sephzilla

Hindl

Pretty much, which makes the rage in the thread on gaming side all the more hilarious. Why should you pour more millions into mediocre looking game plagued by missed deadlines and all sorts of other problems?

Sucks for Kamiya though, was his dream game was it not?

Yup, found this article about it, which is ironically (and sadly) titled now:

Xbox One Exclusive Scalebound Was Shelved Twice, Originally Starred a Little Girl

Kamiya, who came up with the initial ideas for Scalebound when Platinum Games first formed in 2006, has frequently referred to the title as the kind of game he has always wanted to make. Speaking with GameSpot, Kamiya reiterated that this could be called his dream game and shared more details about the original pitch.

Bummer, loved Bayonetta and Wonderful 101, and at least Nier looks solid

Microsoft probably owns the IP too which means Scalebound is dead dead.

Hoping Nintendo/Sony swoop in to give Platinum some new work. Maybe Sony could fund a Platinum/Kojima collaboration and make a spiritual successor to Revengeance

Sony has them releasing Nier Automata in a month, and I'm sure they'll get new work

Microsoft has never been less relevant to me as a publisher and developer of video games.

Sony/Nintendo/PC might as well be all that's left at this point.

Yeah I think this is true for me too at this point, though Sea of Thieves does look fun and FH3 was pretty great

Oozer3993

"Shazier he's not one of the fastest guys, but... he's... definitely one of the fastest." #analysis #MIAvsPIT

— Phil Simms Quotes (@philsimmsquotes) January 8, 2017
"I can't blame Matt Moore. If it wasn't for that INT and two fumbles, he's had a perfect game!" - But he did soooo. #analysis #MIAvsPIT

Madden Football is so accurate, it even has Phil say ridiculous things. I've had him chastise my receivers for not doing enough on an incompletion. It was a spike.

Microsoft probably owns the IP too which means Scalebound is dead dead.

Hoping Nintendo/Sony swoop in to give Platinum some new work. Maybe Sony could fund a Platinum/Kojima collaboration and make a spiritual successor to Revengeance

Bro, go play the Nier Automata demo on the PS4 if you have one. Seriously....:)

oghdvc.gif

eaCGtfE.gif

Pagusas

Elden Member
Update on Jordy Nelson: He spent the night at the hospital, rib injury, will be in Rehab with the team until Friday. If he can practice Saturday he has a chance to play.

From McCarthy's press conference.

Its a long shot, but still possible.

I imagine this will be an issue for Platinum.

1.) They have over 200 staff, presumably at least half of which were making Scalebound.
2.) Nier Automata is about to go gold, and Yoko Taro makes it sound like it's not going into sequel mode right away.
3.) Activision killed off their licensed game division, so that's not an option anymore.
4.) They have the Gran Blue Fantasy project and Lost Order, but I'm assuming that was going to take on Nier's staff given Kamiya wasn't attached to it.

Now they need to get a project from someone on a short turnaround for a ton of staff in an era where that kind of thing is pretty hard to do, and they were struggling to get contracts even when that was less true.

That sucks for Kamiya's team.

MechDX

BOB looks at the season in "quarters" and he is on to the 5th quarter.

This is explains quite a bit actually

Top Bottom