• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

dionysus

Yaldog
You should have no problem walking into a store on launch day and picking up a Switch.
NH9gE7v.gif

Here is 1 more stat that separates the Lions from the 8 playoff teams. Sea 26 - Det 6

dionysus

Yaldog
Idk didn't Amazon stop doing preorders for Nintendo consoles for a bit because of the Wii stuff or something?..

But I'm ready to hit the preorder button as soon as it goes up. Got my launch PS4 from Amazon and that went smoothly

My memory could be wrong but didn't Amazon not even have Wii Us or maybe 3DS XLs at launch.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Here is 1 more stat that separates the Lions from the 8 playoff teams. Sea 26 - Det 6

Wow, congratulations on beating us without our Starting Center, Tackle, RB1, RB2, depleted defense and our MVP candidate QB playing with a dislocated finger on his throwing hand. And you had the help of the hometown refs.

Enjoy the win because the Falcons are waxing that ass this weekend. And so will the Detroit Lions if we happen to see each other in the playoffs next year.

Tom Penny

You should have no problem walking into a store on launch day and picking up a Switch.
NH9gE7v.gif
Uh no. Switch is going to do great at lauch as all the fanboys and girls buy it then tank year 2 and beyond unless parents are willing to buy their children 300 mobile gaming devices when they already have tablets...

Hindl

Scalpers ruin everything for Nintendo, they create so much false demand.

Yeah but Nintendo also does this to themselves. Like there was that report that they thought the NES Classic would be a flop in the US and didn't really ship them here, even though it costs them virtually nothing to make it. What they should do is just have unlimited preorders for the Switch and then just produce launch stock based on that. But they probably should've done this event in December in order to have enough production time. I feel like they'll have a set number of preorders for each retailer and it'll be way too small, and then they'll be scrambling and just say there was unexpected demand or something.

Wait, do Switch pre-orders start on Amazon today?

The event's tonight so it would make sense

Like I said in the OT thread, I wish they NFL would tell the Chargers they can move to LA but they don't get to keep the name Chargers or the legacy of the franchise. Basically what happened to the Browns when they moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens.

They can't right now. League's own rules only allow teams to change uniforms/names once in a five year window. Last time the Chargers did any kind of alterations was 2012.

They'll likely rebrand, but they can't officially do anything until at least 2018.

Sephzilla

Ugh, I'm not sure if I want to preorder a Switch or not. On the one hand it seems kind of neat and Nintendo first party games are almost always legit. On the other hand it's Nintendo, which means they're going to massively fuck up something.

squicken

I just don't understand the movie. Nobody gives a flying fuck about the Rams in LA, what is adding another team gonna do?

The Chargers had to excercise their option to go to LA by Tuesday, or that option went to the Raiders. The Raiders probably would have abandoned their Las Vegas talks and taken the LA deal. With San Diego not putting in any public money, and the NFL not offering any additional incentive, the Chargers took the LA deal. The pay a lease of $1 a year and get to split a whole lot of revenue on a state of the art stadium, plus dramatically increase the value of the team.

But mostly I think Spanos just wanted to say fuck you to the NFL for giving the Rams LA and to SD for not putting in any money even though Qualcom was beyond obsolete

Bread

Banned
I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but I have to issue a statement regarding last night's events.

I apologize for my actions that took place outside Qualcomm Stadium, the practice field in Kearny Mesa, the McDonald's on Park, the park near McDonald's, the practice field again, and my apartment building. I made some questionable decisions and am filled with regret. I hope in time Mr Spanos will learn to forgive me, but for now I will work to make myself better so nothing like this happens again.

Sephzilla

They can't right now. League's own rules only allow teams to change uniforms/names once in a five year window. Last time the Chargers did any kind of alterations was 2012.

They'll likely rebrand, but they can't officially do anything until at least 2018.

Is 2012 counted in that 5 year window though? Because 2017 would be year 6

MechDX

I need to stop reading/watching game previews for Saturdays game, its really damn depressing. They all basically boil down to "lol Texans??" I dont think I have ever seen a team more universally picked to lose in all my years watching this sport.

:(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but I have to issue a statement regarding last night's events.

I apologize for my actions that took place outside Qualcomm Stadium, the practice field in Kearny Mesa, the McDonald's on Park, the park near McDonald's, the practice field again, and my apartment building. I made some questionable decisions and am filled with regret. I hope in time Mr Spanos will learn to forgive me, but for now I will work to make myself better so nothing like this happens again.

You gotta stop shitting everywhere!

If "Charger fans" thought Raiders fans invaded their home games against the Raiders in San Diego, they ain't seen nothing yet

Aren't they playing in a stadium that only holds about 28K for now?

It's going to be Silver/Black as far as the eye can see, with sprinkles of powder blue.

Sephzilla

I need to stop reading/watching game previews for Saturdays game, its really damn depressing. They all basically boil down to "lol Texans??" I dont think I have ever seen a team more universally picked to lose in all my years watching this sport.

:(

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the Giants were almost universally picked to lose to the 18-0 Patriots.

giphy.gif

It's not your fault

Sephzilla

So what's our ETA before Chargers ownership starts complaining about poor attendance in LA? You'd think they'd have some hesitancy about moving to LA after how shitty Rams attendance ended up being this year

MechDX

Who the hell would want to take the Chargers head coaching job right now? Talk about distractions. Patricia would be a fool to do it unless he just can't get anything else

squicken

I honestly think Aaron Rodgers could give prime Brett Favre a run for his money in terms of how deep they could throw the ball. Rodgers has a fucking canon. That gif is a 73 yard throw while on the run

To his left, falling away, and perfectly accurate. If the WR doesn't fall down it hits him in stride. I'm not calling Rodgers the GOAT, but no one was better in their prime than Rodgers has been in his

brentech

You see that, and then hear some dumbass saying Rodgers has no zip on the ball during the WC game. None of the passes he was talking about needed zip. One just needed released earlier, but all of them were touch passes that needed dropped over a defender.

Slo

If elected, all NFL cheerleaders will wear the uniform of the LA Chargers cheerleaders with the exception of the Dallas Cowboy's and Green Bay Packer's cheerleaders. Different reasons.

#VoteSlo2020

Top Bottom