• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

I'm glad Ross went ahead and just paid for the upgrades, not that any tax increase would impact me since I'm in LA but I think it's bullshit that tax payers have to pay for a private stadium.

Fantomex

Actually you buy right after the Super Bowl. People buy for the game then return it the Monday after. Great open box deals

Ah ok, I'm not too familiar with those types of details when it comes to TVs although I think I would prefer color over contrast if I had to pick one but I'd need to do a live comparison.

This one review was the one that tipped the scaled in favor of Sony

https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-xbr-x930d-review/2/

as far as the smart tv stuff...I would only use it for netflix/amazon and I mostly use my sony bluray player for that anyways,

I guess I'll just go with the X930D,

I always heard it's better to wait until after the SB:

These statements are both correct but for different reasons. Retailers start shipping the new CES models first week of February. However, if you purchase your television from a retailer like Best Buy with a price adjustment policy, you can kill two birds with one stone. If you buy at the end of January, you might get only a 15%-20% discount, however with the price adjustment policy, you can also get an added 20%-25% discount on top of that when they start clearing out the models. So not only did you get a fat discount and adjustment, but you also got to watch the Super Bowl on it.

MechDX

Greg Tepper ‏@Tepper 47m47 minutes ago
FWIW: The Los Angeles Chargers’ stadium would’ve been too small for three of the 2016 Texas high school football state title games. #txhsfb

C1_cr-jUAAAGWbf.jpg:large

:jnc

Jags:

Alex Marvez ✔ @alexmarvez
I'm told Tom Coughlin wants Doug Marrone to interview at least 3 outside coaches for every @Jaguars staff position member he wants to keep

I'm told Tom Coughlin has blocked Doug Marrone from hiring Donnie Henderson 2 @Jaguars coaching staff. TC/DH had big blowup at '05 scrimmage

I'm told Doug Marrone wants to hire @buffalobills ST coach Danny Crossman for @Jaguars staff but hasn't gotten Tom Coughlin's approval yet

From the NY Post:

http://nypost.com/2017/01/12/tom-co...witter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter

Tom Coughlin may not be on the sideline, but he can dictate who will be.

According to a Sirius XM report, Coughlin, named Jaguars executive vice president for the Jaguars this week — would not allow new head coach Doug Marrone to hire Donnie Henderson to his Jaguars staff. Henderson worked under Marrone with the Bills as the defensive backs coach.

General Coughlin is back.:)

These statements are both correct but for different reasons. Retailers start shipping the new CES models first week of February. However, if you purchase your television from a retailer like Best Buy with a price adjustment policy, you can kill two birds with one stone. If you buy at the end of January, you might get only a 15%-20% discount, however with the price adjustment policy, you can also get an added 20%-25% discount on top of that when they start clearing out the models. So not only did you get a fat discount and adjustment, but you also got to watch the Super Bowl on it.

Hmmm retailers have my TV for about 2100 but I'm already getting it at 1700, I don't know if I could do better by waiting.

MechDX

NFL ResearchVerified account
‏@NFLResearch
#HOUvsNE: 3rd playoff game since 1991 with starting QBs separated by 40+ points in passer rtg

The previous 2 times, the lower rated QB won

C1_opmEVIAAEMfO.jpg:large

NFL Research ‏@NFLResearch 12s12 seconds ago
NFL Research Retweeted NFL Research
2007: Eli Manning (73.9) over Tom Brady (117.2) in Super Bowl XLII

2009: Mark Sanchez (63.0) over Philip Rivers (104.4) in AFC Div Rd

#Hope #TheGiraffe #SoFucked

Fox318

best thing Nintendo could possibly offer with the switch is that they partnered with a company like Amazon or Valve to handle its online infrastructure and storefront.

Greg

the only festivals worth going to can't afford promotion

you just have to be in the right basement at the right time

Doomsayer

New York coming with that bootleg Coachella

Was literally thinking the same thing.

Coachella has really fallen off though, other than K.dot and Radiohead this years line up was pretty mediocre.

Boston Calling looks nice; Run the Jewels, Danny Brown, XX, Major Lazer, and Sigur Ros... I may have to attend.

Spinluck

Peyton put up 55 TDs and 5500 yards late into his career. Rodgers's peak may be higher but he still needs a few more years to be the GOAT. If it was all about ridiculous throws ...

fefhjKg.jpg

True, but Rodgers reminds me of a super charged and improved Bert Jones when it comes to pure pocket passing.

So I give him the edge.

Manning's season is godtier considering he threw that much with a noodle arm and couldn't feel his hand a lot of the time.

tmdorsey

Hmmm well I found the X930D for 1700 at this local TV store, how much more would they really drop? I was kinda looking forward to watching the Superbowl on a new/bigger tv.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. The Superbowl will probably look worse/not as good on your bigger, new set for 2 reasons:

1) These newer, bigger sets are good for exposing all the compression/flaws in broadcast transmissions.

2) The Super Bowl is being broadcasted on Fox this year. Unless it comes out they are going to do a 4K simulcast of the game, the game will be broadcast for most of the country in 720p and it's not even good 720p like ESPN. Their PQ is notoriously horrible.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. The Superbowl will probably look worse/not as good on your bigger, new set for 2 reasons:

1) These newer, bigger sets are good for exposing all the compression/flaws in broadcast transmissions.

2) The Super Bowl is being broadcasted on Fox this year. Unless it comes out they are going to do a 4K simulcast of the game, the game will be broadcast for most of the country in 720p and it's not even good 720p like ESPN. Their PQ is notoriously horrible.

FUCK

Top Bottom