• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

Bread

Banned
Me when I realize Bread's never going to get to see a Chargers game live again

nH8z75B.gif
yes...again...

Hindl

The Giants defense was better than Dallas's defense and the Packers clowned the Giants in, bad weather, and did most of it without Jordy. So the offense can absolutely hang points on Dallas. What Hindl said is on point though, the Cowboys can maintain solid drives way better than the Giants could which means the Packers offense will be on the field less. The Giants also beat the Cowboys twice this year, so Dallas can definitely be beat by a team with some flaws.

The two key things for the Packers to beat the Cowboys are

1) The offense can't have the slow start they had against the Giants.

2) The defense needs to put a couple of stops on Dallas.

Yeah that was more my point. The Packers were able to put points up on the Giants, but they really stumbled through that first half. Until that Hail Mary it was 7-6 and the Giants couldn't get anything going. The Cowboys will be able to get things going, and the Packers are going to have less chances to score, so they have to maximize every chance. Without Jordy I think the likelihood of that goes down. They have to come out swinging

Sephzilla

Yeah that was more my point. The Packers were able to put points up on the Giants, but they really stumbled through that first half. Until that Hail Mary it was 7-6 and the Giants couldn't get anything going. The Cowboys will be able to get things going, and the Packers are going to have less chances to score, so they have to maximize every chance. Without Jordy I think the likelihood of that goes down. They have to come out swinging

Yep. Either the Packers need to come out swinging and put up points early and force Dallas into a shootout (which should negate the Zeke factor a bit). Or Green Bay's defense needs to play out of their damn minds.

I'm a homer and I'm picking the Packers to win, but I have an oddly good feeling about this game. Dallas is beatable and I just have a feeling Dak is due to have a bad game at a bad time. If you want to take intangibles into account then you also need to factor in that Green Bay is walking into Dallas with a monster truck of momentum.

Bread

Banned
wait zelda is coming out for the wiiu?

guess i'll just buy one of those off some dork who wants to raise money for their switch

yeah

GBs TOP was 34:31

that aint happening vs dallas

that might be lower than dallas TOP if they have the success they've had all year

Spinluck

I'm disappointed by a ton of the Switch announcements.

But Nintendo still has an untouchable first party catalog that isn't just a bunch of people shooting each other and has some variety.

I kind of laugh when I see SOME gamers of all people act like $300 is breaking bank. As of the hobby isn't expensive. If you truly cared about saving money you'd go PC anyway. By far the cheapest long term. With that said, I do think $250 was the sweet spot, at $300 it's a hard sell but I don't think it's a ridiculous price. Those controllers though... Lol gtfo here!

Once again, Nintendo and PC is the way to go. If not for some exclusives and all of my friends being on PS4 I probably wouldn't have one. Xbone has a good amount of its games on PC. I pretty much feel like I never need to buy one.

Gobias

Banned
The entire thing would have been better received if they pretended like those two games didn't exist. I won't buy one at launch (nor should you buy any console at launch) but I'll get one eventually cause you gotta have Nintendo games.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can't wait to bring 1-2-Switch to all the parties

Birthday parties dressed as a clown?

I mean I can't hate on you trying to cheer children up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
the entire video is a parody....

I know, Ive seen those twin brothers before. Their humor is awful imo, so I still had to stop at the first Bork joke.

Bork makes me angry.

oneHeero

The Giants defense was better than Dallas's defense and the Packers clowned the Giants in, bad weather, and did most of it without Jordy. So the offense can absolutely hang points on Dallas. What Hindl said is on point though, the Cowboys can maintain solid drives way better than the Giants could which means the Packers offense will be on the field less. The Giants also beat the Cowboys twice this year, so Dallas can definitely be beat by a team with some flaws.

The two key things for the Packers to beat the Cowboys are

1) The offense can't have the slow start they had against the Giants.

2) The defense needs to put a couple of stops on Dallas.
The Cowboys defense has been on a huge upswing in the last 5 games or so. And they boast the top rated secondary (wtf?). Claiborne comes back to play along with a couple of other solid peeps.

If we're pointing out that the Giants have a better D than Dallas, beat them twice and than say GB stomped the Giants so cowboys definitely can be beat than you need to mention how the Cowboys stomped the fk out of GB when they were 3-1. Everyone had GB winning that game. The Cowboys Defense worked GB that game.

Cowboys can't be compared to the Giants to validate GB. Our offense is way more productive. Our run game is capable of putting up points in a hurry (how many games were won w Zeke running in a TD?), GBs D sucks that even if they were up 14-0 the Cowboys wouldn't need to pick away from the run game. Dak doesn't turnover the ball (playoffs could be different but going based off season), run game is stacked w McFadden and Zeke, Defense got stronger at end of season and even stronger with 1st Rd bye which allowed Claiborne to make it back (played his best this year since joining the NFL),

If GBs offense could absolutely put up points on Dallas they would've in the first game. Dallas took GBs soul in that game. GB forgot who they were for a few weeks after that game.

Giants beating Dallas twice sucks but one was the first game of the year w a rookie QB and Zeke wasnt playing good. We barely lost. 2nd game just fkn sucks but didn't feel we should have lost that either. I'd chalk it up to the first loss to the Giants being in Daks head.

I like the narrative that the Packers have to play a perfect game to beat the Cowboys. I hope it continues!
I'm disappointed by a ton of the Switch announcements.

But Nintendo still has an untouchable first party catalog that isn't just a bunch of people shooting each other and has some variety.

I kind of laugh when I see SOME gamers of all people act like $300 is breaking bank. As of the hobby isn't expensive. If you truly cared about saving money you'd go PC anyway. By far the cheapest long term. With that said, I do think $250 was the sweet spot, at $300 it's a hard sell but I don't think it's a ridiculous price. Those controllers though... Lol gtfo here!

Once again, Nintendo and PC is the way to go. If not for some exclusives and all of my friends being on PS4 I probably wouldn't have one. Xbone has a good amount of its games on PC. I pretty much feel like I never need to buy one.

Seems like maybe the Switch is meant to steal some marketshare from tablet gaming? I don't know, Nintendo is not very good at messaging.

Matrix

I think a mod deleted a post of mine.

I basically said fuck Switch, Trump and the Texans for taking another L against the Pats (you know its coming) and it gone lol now

I blame Bionic.

Top Bottom