• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

Draxal

This is something you want? Musou games are such trash.

They're mindless fanwank, which I'm fine with

But it's probably going to have the mobile game as well.

Also, FE4 is still my favorite fire emblem, and a Warriors game is the best chance for those older games to get some love.

They'll probably also talk about the mobile FE game.

They're mindless fanwank, which I'm fine with

But it's probably going to have the mobile game as well.
I would be absolutely shocked if Nintendo makes a mobile FE I want to play.

I'm fine with these games existing, though. Build the brand. As long as we are getting more real Fire Emblem games it's cool with me.
Fates GOTY 2016.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ok 2000 then. 17 years ago. Better?

This is probably how Nintendo looked at it as well. "That one year difference is huge! Charge for the app!"

I wasnt trying to be a dick, and it was actually 2 years after launch. I also can't think of another game that supported voice chat.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wonder how much Nintendo paid those people to do those reenactments.

Imagine being air munching mouth guy or the utter couple!

15 mins of internet fame must feel awesome for them.

Hindl

At launch? I dont recall voice chat until Alien Front Online.

Regardless, the Dreamcast had free voice chat and died 15 years before the Switch was even a thing. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from some of these games, but Nintendo made a LOT of dumb decisions with this thing.

It's frustrating because in addition to indies and 3rd party games, at the end of the Switch's first year, it'll have Zelda, Mario, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario Kart Deluxe, and others. That's a really good lineup that's just being buried by all these stupid decisions and prices

Chase17

So apparently you can have multiple horses in Zelda, and they can be killed

May be the most emotional game of the year
or even all time

MechDX

I wasnt trying to be a dick, and it was actually 2 years after launch. I also can't think of another game that supported voice chat.

Yeah I know no biggie. I think AFO was the only one that supported it. Well Seaman did so you could talk to your human head fish thing.

So apparently you can have multiple horses in Zelda, and they can be killed

May be the most emotional game of the year
or even all time

Only $1.99 to kill your horse but he can be revived in 30 days with no refund

Draxal

I would be absolutely shocked if Nintendo makes a mobile FE I want to play.

I'm fine with these games existing, though. Build the brand. As long as we are getting more real Fire Emblem games it's cool with me.
Fates GOTY 2016.

Fire Emblem mobile will be Nintendo's attempt at whale hunting which makes tons of money.

As for warriors itself, I enjoyed 2/3 back in the day as its my mindless just need to kill stuff game. And I'm hopeful it brings recognition to some of the older games in the series (FE 4 is still my fav game in the series and its MC Sigurd is my avatar currently), Of course there's a good chance that it will only focus on 9-14 only.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Regardless, the Dreamcast had free voice chat and died 15 years before the Switch was even a thing. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from some of these games, but Nintendo made a LOT of dumb decisions with this thing.

It's frustrating because in addition to indies and 3rd party games, at the end of the Switch's first year, it'll have Zelda, Mario, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario Kart Deluxe, and others. That's a really good lineup that's just being buried by all these stupid decisions and prices

Yeah, i really hope they rethink the monthly game things.

Chase17

does anyone actually care about multiplayer on the switch?

play zelda and mario by yourself, then switch over to the scorpio to play rocket league 2 on xbox live with your friends

Online multiplayer will be essential for when I climb the leaderboards of ARMS

It's a uniquely Nintendo thing that they can announce a launch Zelda and new 3D Mario (possibly the best 2 games that will come out in an already-loaded year), announce some other great games as well, and yet make enough awful decisions elsewhere that you feel let down.

Well I have tickets to the Chiefs game but it looks like there's an ice warning! I'd be driving down from Omaha Saturday afternoon and coming back up after the game. Weather channel says travel will be "extremely hazardous" and there will be "numerous" power outages. May have to sit this one out.

Fire Emblem mobile will be Nintendo's attempt at whale hunting which makes tons of money.

As for warriors itself, I enjoyed 2/3 back in the day as its my mindless just need to kill stuff game. And I'm hopeful it brings recognition to some of the older games in the series (FE 4 is still my fav game in the series and its MC Sigurd is my avatar currently), Of course there's a good chance that it will only focus on 9-14 only.
Seeing Fire Emblem turned into a f2p game that exploits whales is enough to finish the job of making me a full blown cynic and nihilist.

I'll be doing my best to ignore its existence.

squicken

C2EIhjKUUAAr77D.jpg

C2EIF2PUoAEjjet.jpg:large

C2EIbTuUsAAUq5G.jpg

C2AaeSYUUAA5juW.jpg
/

bionic77

Complains about wasting money on a Switch
Suggests people buy a Scorpio.
Scorpio is for people too dumb to use a computer.

Switch is for rich and beautiful people. I thought more of GAF were my people. I now retract my offer of inviting most of you to the Switch launch party at my house. All invites must be screened and this requires a pic.

I am sorry that so many of you did not win the JoyConBoy genetic lottery. :(

squicken

@afc2nfc

1st down conversion % on 3rd&long passes (7+ yd) this year

Mahomes 45.2
Trubisky 40.8
Watson 38.3
Kizer 33.9
Allen 32.7
Falk 30
Kaaya 26.2

MechDX

Scorpio will not be a waste of money at all. I want to also get a switch but Scorpio comes first this year for sure.

Whatever you say Yank.

Extra power for the console, so much so that it dwarfs the original XBone. Do you think MS is going to leave those people that bought an XBone in the dust? No, they'll nerf the games so there is a marginal increase on Scorpio, wasting the tech inside. Even if they don't, third parties definitely will.

Then there's the fact that MS is shoving all of their important IPs (all three of them) onto PC, which will forevermore be more powerful than Scorpio.

Basically what he has been saying during all this nonsense. Nothing really new. The timing of the release of this article is weird though

I do think these are issues between OB and Smith. I have also noticed Kyle Shanahan still has not gotten a head coaching job even while being considered a top candidate this year.

Shanahans and Rick Smith have close ties

Yeah, I don't buy any of this stuff anymore.

Syrinx

Whatever you say Yank.

Extra power for the console, so much so that it dwarfs the original XBone. Do you think MS is going to leave those people that bought an XBone in the dust? No, they'll nerf the games so there is a marginal increase on Scorpio, wasting the tech inside. Even if they don't, third parties definitely will.

Then there's the fact that MS is shoving all of their important IPs (all three of them) onto PC, which will forevermore be more powerful than Scorpio.

I wager MS will release at least one game intended to flex the power of Scorpio.

Tom Penny

Whatever you say Yank.

Yeah but Scorpio and PS Pro cost a fraction of building a equivalent master race PC for gaming.

Top Bottom