• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

They just got that Cobb guy back last game and seemed to do pretty alright without Jordy.

Maybe, but the Cowboys are a much more balanced team than the Giants were. To be frank, the Giants offense (especially when they couldn't get Beckham the ball) was shit.

Yeah but Scorpio and PS Pro cost a fraction of building a equivalent master race PC for gaming.

Bionic was right, poors ruin everything.

I can build a more powerful PC than either of these consoles for 600 bucks. Play it for two years and you pay for the cost easily, considering online play is free. The games are also cheaper.

You know you'll cave, you see the threads on gaf and you'll see your tax return.
Nope. Not jumping on this particular Nintendo hamster wheel again. I don't need another Nintendo system gathering dust for months at a time. When I do jump in ( and I absolutely will), I want there to be a solid selection of Nintendo titles to choose from. I have plenty to hold me over until then on the gaming front with Horizons, Nier, Nioh and RE7 early on in 2017.

I have a professional TV calibration scheduled for February which is a better place to invest $300 for me.

Fantomex

Never Forget.

gRalSC3.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

jbug617

Banned
Best Buy has the Special Edition of Zelda up (basically everything Master except for the statue) for $99.99 ($79.99 with GCU)

Nope. Not jumping on this particular Nintendo hamster wheel again. I don't need another Nintendo system gathering dust for months at a time. When I do jump in ( and I absolutely will), I want there to be a solid selection of Nintendo titles to choose from. I have plenty to hold me over until then on the gaming front with Horizons, Nier, Nioh and RE7 early on in 2017.
My thoughts exactly at the moment.

Fantomex

I'm staring 2017 right, by being honest with myself. If Zelda was a winter title, everyone would be saying they'd pick up a switch then. But during September - December, you don't have time to play as an old anymore. With new releases, new movies, family and the holidays, you don't even have time to think let alone sit and play games. This works out perfectly for me. I have March though September to finish this greatest Zelda of all time and then hop on Mario Odyssey for the hoildays. If you wanna play the not enough titles card, that's fine. But you'll be playing the backlog card on the PS4 and Xbone during winter anyways, so it cancels out.

Just give me Zelda until F-Zero or Mario Strikers comes out. I'll be fine.

joyconboyz have our stacks collecting dust as it is. I don't mind if a system does too.
8XmLHvz.png

I'm staring 2017 right, by being honest with myself. If Zelda was a winter title, everyone would be saying they'd pick up a switch then. But during September - December, you don't have time to play as an old anymore.
Speak for yourself. I beat 11 games in that time period in 2016. Including some time sinkers like Mafia III and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. You're only old if you allow yourself to be!:)

Hindl

Giant Bomb isn't painting a pretty picture on the joycons.

I didn't need Giant Bomb to guess that the Joycons aren't great. It just seems too small. But they said it's comfy in the grip and the Pro Controller is decent, so that's all I need

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Whatever you say Yank.

Extra power for the console, so much so that it dwarfs the original XBone. Do you think MS is going to leave those people that bought an XBone in the dust? No, they'll nerf the games so there is a marginal increase on Scorpio, wasting the tech inside. Even if they don't, third parties definitely will.

Then there's the fact that MS is shoving all of their important IPs (all three of them) onto PC, which will forevermore be more powerful than Scorpio.

Yeah, I don't buy any of this stuff anymore.

I think gears 4 (PC vs xone) is a good example of what to expect as far as range of performance. The PC version can run at 60fps and at higher res than 1080, yet the console version is still very capable and I wouldnt say it suffers.

Whatever you say Yank.

Extra power for the console, so much so that it dwarfs the original XBone. Do you think MS is going to leave those people that bought an XBone in the dust? No, they'll nerf the games so there is a marginal increase on Scorpio, wasting the tech inside. Even if they don't, third parties definitely will.

Then there's the fact that MS is shoving all of their important IPs (all three of them) onto PC, which will forevermore be more powerful than Scorpio.

They will not go to all that trouble to release a new more powerful console and then never take advantage of it. They will find a way to make it work, like downscaling scorpio games for people still on the XB1. I also dont care at all about games being on pc or not, such an odd thing to get up in arms about. I bought a gaming PC and hated it, so as long as games come out for Xbox I am happy.

gaf is having negative reactions about Switch, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a worldwide hit.

Edit: 1,2 Switch will probably sell millions lmao

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Jarnet87

Dreamcast launch still the king. NFL2K, Blitz, House of The Dead 2, Sonic Adventure, Power Stone, Ready 2 Rumble. Sony ruined everything, I want to live in the alternate timeline where DC won.

FTF

Dreamcast launch still the king. NFL2K, Blitz, House of The Dead 2, Sonic Adventure, Power Stone, Ready 2 Rumble. Sony ruined everything, I want to live in the alternate timeline where DC won.

lol and that's leaving off the best game!

I've been forming this thought over the course of a few months but this seems like an appropriate time to say it; you really have the worst opinions.

Lol it would be kinda funny if 1,2 Switch blows up
It's gonna be a hit. Maybe we should just bet against gaf consensus 🤔🤔🤔

I got a warehouse of im with her shirts if you tryna buy one? Ill give you a deal fam.......pls

why in gods name would you put an analog stick in the MIDDLE of one of your bullshit controllers

its that "player 2 controller gets madcatz garbage" taken to an illogical conclusion

I have to admit, I was pretty worried about how small they looked even in Japanese hands. I'm worried my hands are going to cramp up when I'm trying to service my boys.

these small ass controllers are way too small for trump, or even tiny hands goff to use comfortably

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Scorpio is for people too dumb to use a computer.

Switch is for rich and beautiful people. I thought more of GAF were my people. I now retract my offer of inviting most of you to the Switch launch party at my house. All invites must be screened and this requires a pic.

I am sorry that so many of you did not win the JoyConBoy genetic lottery. :(

Looking over twiiter and the people excited for this...

yea you're the con of joy.

Yeah that would be the best timeline for sure. Sega was the best, sad what happened to them.

Top Bottom