• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

What was the logo backlash?
Probably because it looked exactly like the Dodgers logo. Then a bunch of other twitter accounts started making fun of it by just adding small thunder bolts to their logos.

Smu twitter account replaced its mascots tail with one (a horse). I even saw a bad Cleveland browns one, with the bolts added to the Ls.

Another great thing about the decision is it really shows how much Spanos ever cared about SD or the team's history that it took a full 25 hours of nonstop backlash from all sides for them to conclude "we should at least keep the SD Chargers' color choice"

Chargers released a shit logo they literally claim they spent a year working on

Everyone and I mean everyone including hockey teams and minor league mini golf teams spend the full day afterward dunking on them and mocking it

Chargers finally respond saying it was only for the conference and isn't the official logo

Today they post the official logo, which is literally just it opened in Paint with the powder blue and mustard yellow colors selected
Probably because it looked exactly like the Dodgers logo. Then a bunch of other twitter accounts started making fun of it by just adding small thunder bolts to their logos.

Smu twitter account replaced its mascots tail with one (a horse). I even saw a bad Cleveland browns one, with the bolts added to the Ls.
The Chargers thought they could get away with copying the Dodgers logo and everyone from the Tampa Bay Lightning to the official twitter account of your local church's shuffleboard league called them out on it.
Sounds like the Chargers LA experiment is off to a great start!

l0Expk5SRltU7pE88.gif

Can't wait

OMG this gif is hilarious. That guy's facial expressions are killing me.

Sephzilla

Sounds like the Chargers LA experiment is off to a great start!

*LA Newspaper has article saying that LA doesn't want the Chargers*

Chargers: Lets make our new logo the Dodgers' logo. They'll accept us if we dress like one of them!

*Everyone shits on the new logo*

Chargers: ....So we're going to sell out StubHub stadium right?

I bet the Chargers are back in San Diego in a decade

*LA Newspaper has article saying that LA doesn't want the Chargers*

Chargers: Lets make our new logo the Dodgers' logo. They'll accept us if we dress like one of them!

*Everyone shits on the new logo*

Chargers: ....So we're going to sell out StubHub stadium right?

I bet the Chargers are back in San Diego in a decade

You're probably right. Their home games are sure going to look funny in that tiny ass stadium next year.

Sephzilla

You're probably right. Their home games are sure going to look funny in that tiny ass stadium next year.

They're not a good team, LA doesn't want them, LA barely showed up for the Rams and the Rams actually have a history with the city. They'll get that temporary new stadium surge but then everyone is going to remember that it's the fucking Chargers.

Sephzilla

Oh before I forget - here's my meaningless predictions for the weekend.

Steelers vs Chiefs: 21-17
Steelers win
Seahawks vs Falcons: 24-13
Falcons win
Texans vs Patriots: 35-10
Patiots win
Packers vs Cowboys: 31-27
Packers win

jmdajr

God, fuck paying those dollars for the Switch accessories. Fucking scam endorsed bionic shit.

They fucked up BIGTIME.

Nintendo's pay wall is literally their hardware. Why do you need all this gimmicky shit to play these games.

And soon there will be another pay wall! lol.

fun times.

jmdajr

They literally built a wall between the Pro controller and us!

jsg0dyM.png

Two generations of consoles that almost upgrade nothing in graphics.

GC-Wii and now WiiU-Switch.

It sure as heck worked the first time though! Man what suckers we were!

Except me because I never bought a Wii!

it's my wife's!

This is the first time I've been truley angry at Nintendo, they have done various dumb and annoying things over the years (Wii U, fucking Xenoblade NoA bullshit etc) but those just made me feel depressed rather than angry. But the Switch it not only has Nintendo's stupidity, it also has them so far up their own asses that they think that their bullshit online and hardware/controller prices (I'm not touching $50 1,2 Switch or I'll have an aneurysm) are perfectly reasonable. I've come to expect stupidity from Nintendo, but not unearned arrogance.

They're not a good team, LA doesn't want them, LA barely showed up for the Rams and the Rams actually have a history with the city. They'll get that temporary new stadium surge but then everyone is going to remember that it's the fucking Chargers.

LA has never supported a football team that wasn't winning. The NFL made a mistake moving to LA. They should have kept LA as the boogie man that is always waiting in the wings to steal your footbaw team.

Bread

Banned
holy shit ravi drums (the guy from the infamous wii music performance) is performing at the trump inauguration LMAO

FTF

Oh before I forget - here's my meaningless predictions for the weekend.

Steelers vs Chiefs: 21-17
Steelers win
Seahawks vs Falcons: 24-13
Falcons win
Texans vs Patriots: 35-10
Patiots win
Packers vs Cowboys: 31-27
Packers win

I agree with these...though I have the Cowboys winning that close game.

Hindl

Giantbomb stream wasn't very kind to the Switch.

I thought they were really fair. If you have a Wii U or don't want Zelda, don't buy this at launch. Wait till fall. Even with the announced lineup they'll have a decent library to jump into, and E3 should have a few additional announcements. No point to jump in immediately except Zelda

KaYotiX

Banned
Giantbomb stream wasn't very kind to the Switch.

The console has no games, it shouldn't be released till summer at the earliest.

Plus the price is kind of absurd for what it is power wise. Why cant NIntendo just make a traditional console? Why do they always force gimmicks?

Top Bottom