• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

bionic77

Watched that Zelda trailer again.

It is basically the Zelda Ghibli game. For the slobs who think DreamWorks movies are good it is not going to connect. But those guys probably eat at KFC and bug their clothes for Walmart so pay them no mind. But for my brothers with taste that was pretty amazing.

Rewatched Mario and everything looked awesome except Mario running around the Donk. Him around the people also looked weird. Isn't Mario supposed to be human? Like a regular JCB? What is going on with Mario or the people in Donk city that they look so different? Rest of the game looked good and it looked close to completion.

Watched that Zelda trailer again.

It is basically the Zelda Ghibli game. For the slobs who think DreamWorks movies are good it is not going to connect. But those guys probably eat at KFC and bug their clothes for Walmart so pay them no mind. But for my brothers with taste that was pretty amazing.

Rewatched Mario and everything looked awesome except Mario running around the Donk. Him around the people also looked weird. Isn't Mario supposed to be human? Like a regular JCB? What is going on with Mario or the people in Donk city that they look so different? Rest of the game looked good and it looked close to completion.

Bionic I support Switch!

RBH

Raindrops, drop tops
Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox
Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot
Cookin' up dope in the crockpot

raw

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets lose to set up my perfect weekend of shitty Houston sports.

GIVE ME THAT ULTIMATE L TOMORROW TEXANS

Eleuin

Raindrops, drop tops
Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox
Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot
Cookin' up dope in the crockpot

https://media.tenor.co/images/2eea73306a0dcf868940aba9b6cbee4a/raw[/mg][/QUOTE]

falcons fucked up, 2 Atlanta artists go #1 on the hot 100 and they get ludacris

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Chargers' desperation move is a shot to the NFL's vitality

Chargers owner Dean Spanos rarely speaks at league meetings. Throughout drama of the past year -- Would the Chargers join the Rams in Los Angeles? Would they not? -- Spanos mostly deferred to team executives when the Chargers gave updates before fellow owners. Nobody blamed him; he felt like he had been stabbed in the back last January, when many owners assured him that he had the votes to build a stadium to be shared with the Raiders in Carson, California, before the proposal went down in flames, aided by a last-minute alternative voted on in a secret ballot. And so last month, it was striking that Spanos took the floor before owners at the league meetings at the Four Seasons in Irving, Texas -- and it was not a good sign.

"Thank you," Spanos said, according to sources in the room. "This has been a tough time for me and my family."

He paused, then admitted what everyone already knew: "Please keep it here. I don't want to go to L.A. I want to stay."

Now a weird year for the NFL just got weirder. If the Chargers do indeed move, and if owners approve the Raiders' move to Vegas in March, three teams will have relocated in a 14-month span. There will be plenty of blame to go around. Goodell will be the face of it, but internally, owners and executives will wonder if NFL executive Eric Grubman, the point man on stadiums, did an effective enough job of negotiating with San Diego officials.

It's a question that goes beyond the ratings issues of 2016, a crisis that wasn't -- but still shook some owners as a premonition that the league's cultural supremacy might be at stake.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18458717/san-diego-chargers-desperate-move-shot-nfl-vitality-2017

Fuck Dean Spanos.

But I've always believed this nonchalant moving on franchises was always the precursor to the NFL wanting to expand internationally -particularly in the U.K. and Mexico.

How they do that remains to be seen, whether they move existing franchises or expand with new franchises.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are the next team to watch because I just don't see how that franchise continues to remain in Jacksonville.

The moving of franchises like this is not good for the NFL no matter which way you slice it. You have to wonder about the long term health of the league.

Chargers' desperation move is a shot to the NFL's vitality

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18458717/san-diego-chargers-desperate-move-shot-nfl-vitality-2017

Fuck Dean Spanos.

But I've always believed this nonchalant moving on franchises was always the precursor to the NFL wanting to expand internationally -particularly in the U.K. and Mexico.

How they do that remains to be seen, whether they move existing franchises or expand with new franchises.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are the next team to watch because I just don't see how that franchise continues to remain in Jacksonville.

The moving of franchises like this is not good for the NFL no matter which way you slice it. You have to wonder about the long term health of the league.

I've always felt that the UK/London stuff would ultimately end with then getting a full team and, if anything, what's transpired over the last calendar year (2 teams moving with a third on the way next month) has only made me more confident of that

I too will buy a switch if pats are defeated tomorrow

Same

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They should have a team in Toronto and Vancouver.

Agreed, but football is already huge in Canada and the NFL would rather expand the game in Europe (U.K.), Mexico and probably China.

I've always felt that the UK/London stuff would ultimately end with then getting a full team and, if anything, what's transpired over the last calendar year (2 teams moving with a third on the way next month) has only made me more confident of that

It's funny because for the longest time I always bitched about L.A. not having any teams and now that's it happened it sucks. It sucks because we took franchises away from cities and now we're stuck with set games every Sunday.

It'll be interesting to see if London a new team or if someone like Jacksonville moves.

bionic77

We'll see if bionic's Switch powered vision is true or not!
Ben will probably be the one to take out the Pats but even I can't deny that it would be the best thing ever to see Bork shit all over that evil stadium and franchise.

The Switch is the truth. However you have to open your eyes to see it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
We'll see if bionic's Switch powered vision is true or not!

It's not, we both know this.

Bork winning on the road at night in a Texans uni with the lights on him for the world to see would be the greatest upset in NFL history.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pats
Chiefs
Falcons
Cowboys

I've made peace with the Cowboys winning as long as it keeps the Packers out.

SEA @ ATL
HOU @ NE
GB @ DAL
PIT @ KC

Almost had all the home teams winning, but the firepower and experience of the Steelers will prevail even in a tough road game against the Chiefs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ben will probably be the one to take out the Pats but even I can't deny that it would be the best thing ever to see Bork shit all over that evil stadium and franchise.

The Switch is the truth. However you have to open your eyes to see it.

Giants in 2007 was a humiliating loss for the Pats. They played their best game all year and got incredibly lucky and won that game in the last moments.

The Jet's playoff loss a few years later was even worse, though again another team that could run and play defense that they had beaten earlier in the year against possibly the worst receivers/defense the Pats have put up in this dynasty.

Both of these losses combined are not as humiliating as what would happen if the Texans won this game tomorrow. The Texans have a good defense. It's not a shutdown affair like last year's Broncos or the best of what the Seahawks or 49ers or even Cardinals could put up recently. Their special teams are atrocious. Their QB has more INTS than Touchdowns, has to throw the ball up to make contested three-five yard throws. They turned what looked to be a QB proof receiver into a middle of the road, oh he's throwing into double coverage lets get another INT guy. All this and they also can't run the ball at all.

Now the Pats beat the Jets and the Giants in both of those humiliating losses earlier in the regular season, including a historic beatdown of the Jets. But both of those were with Brady. The Texans, at that time still a league darling when the season was young, got shutout by a middling performance from a third string QB on his first start. It took them almost the entire game to get a first down, let alone midfield.

Chase17

Giants in 2007 was a humiliating loss for the Pats. They played their best game all year and got incredibly lucky and won that game in the last moments.

The Jet's playoff loss a few years later was even worse, though again another team that could run and play defense that they had beaten earlier in the year against possibly the worst receivers/defense the Pats have put up in this dynasty.

Both of these losses combined are not as humiliating as what would happen if the Texans won this game tomorrow. The Texans have a good defense. It's not a shutdown affair like last year's Broncos or the best of what the Seahawks or 49ers or even Cardinals could put up recently. Their special teams are atrocious. Their QB has more INTS than Touchdowns, has to throw the ball up to make contested three-five yard throws. They turned what looked to be a QB proof receiver into a middle of the road, oh he's throwing into double coverage lets get another INT guy. All this and they also can't run the ball at all.

Now the Pats beat the Jets and the Giants in both of those humiliating losses earlier in the regular season, including a historic beatdown of the Jets. But both of those were with Brady. The Texans, at that time still a league darling when the season was young, got shutout by a middling performance from a third string QB on his first start. It took them almost the entire game to get a first down, let alone midfield.
Brock has a well established dominance against Tom Brady, who is terrific by the way. I would feel no shame losing this game tomorrow.
well no more shame than having lost a playoff game to the sanchize that is

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh shit, didn't know you were just the other side of the river. I'm coming over to play 1,2 Switch with you the moment it arrives!

Yeah loving life out here in the burbs!

Just got a Culver's like two miles away so my life expectancy is dropping daily.

You guys ordering Switches, and I'm wondering if the HD 598's are worth it for actual gaming on PC. :(

I've got those and they're great. I use them on my gaming PC and they're super comfortable and sound good.

I'm not an audiophile or anything though. I got a stand to set them on when I'm not using them.

I tried using them with my Vive and it worked wonderfully but its way easier to just thread some apple earbuds into the straps on the headset.

Pepiope

I'm not an audiophile or anything though. I got a stand to set them on when I'm not using them.

I tried using them with my Vive and it worked wonderfully but its way easier to just thread some apple earbuds into the straps on the headset.
I think what's stopping me is that fact that I know they have dropped to $99 and they are currently at $154 lol. Bought them anyway with a 3 year warranty. Hopefully they're worth it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think what's stopping me is that fact that I know they have dropped to $99 and they are currently at $154 lol. Bought them anyway with a 3 year warranty. Hopefully they're worth it.

Yeah mine were like $99 or something...$154 seems really really high!

Matrix

It definitely screams pack in like Wii Sports.

Honestly I'd pay $20 for it just out of curiosity. $50 is just....woof.

Should be a pack in since its garbage, but it's an R rated game.

Can't be packing a jerk off sim in the box. Parents would be shocked.

Mindlog

You guys ordering Switches, and I'm wondering if the HD 598's are worth it for actual gaming. :(
They were honestly a pretty good value at $180. I use mine all the time,
I got mine on a Holiday sale for $99
actually I think it was less.
They replaced my workhorse 580 which was also worth it ~$200.

The 598c you have to be more careful about.
One thing to note is that if you want punchy base then other headsets are probably a better choice. Grado, Audio-Technica etc.

Top Bottom