• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last, the Browns long nightmare is over...

Myud1ua.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Clearly the Clowns couldn't get even a minimal offer for Billy Manziel. I figured they'd keep up appearances and deal him when allowed, but good fucking riddance.

I think Manziel and Pederson would be a nice fit. His offense allows for a lot of boots and rolling out of the pocket and he is willing to take more chances downfield than Smith. Could be nice.

What are you basing that off of? The Chiefs offense looks like the Eagles offense when Ried was here. I am really curious to see what an actual Doug Pederson offense looks like but I dont think anyone has seen one yet to know.

Furyous

As a lifelong Browns fan:

PLEASE GET RID OF JOHNNY

Holy shit he is literally the worst fucking player they're had off the field wise since the team came back....

... BY A DAMN LONG DISTANCE. Johnny is the worst player in the history of the division. Give JFF's roster spot to Pat Devlin or another young hungry QB that understands the privilege of playing in the NFL. Austin Davis is true professional and doesn't get into half the drama off the field that Johnny does.

I'm not partying yet because Johnny is still on the roster. We need to get the guy some help but this is the bat signal that lets fans know we're drafting a QB.

*EDIT*

I knew JFF was a bust by the end of the second preseason game of his first season. Watch that game then watch Teddy Bridgewater's two minute drill. It sucks that this is how JFF's time ends but this is a lesson for him to either grow up or forget about playing in the NFL.

"Oh thank God the only QB that showed any promise will soon be cut"

You deserve your lot in life, Browns fans.
We don't need a QB who does nothing but hookers and booze and and is on the cops watchlist, and hasn't done much shit for us on the field, though admittedly I mostly put that on the tools around him.

eznark

Banned
Instead you'll get a boring, no ceiling QB who has also done nothing for you!

What are you basing that off of? The Chiefs offense looks like the Eagles offense when Ried was here. I am really curious to see what an actual Doug Pederson offense looks like but I dont think anyone has seen one yet to know.

Did you watch Alex Smith play? They designed the offense around his strengths, which is athleticism and decision making. I think Manziel has those same on-field traits and would flourish under a QB guy like Pederson...if he weren't such a mental midget off the field.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans...-on-conan-kids-wanted-to-hit-me-like-j-j-watt

Drew Brees shared another funny story about his kids siding with the enemy during his Monday night appearance on "Conan."

The New Orleans Saints quarterback told Conan O'Brien about the reception he received after returning home from a particularly painful 24-6 road loss to the Houston Texans in November.

"J.J. Watt kind of had his way with us, sacked me a few times. And I walk in the door kind of battered, bruised, frustrated. But then I see the kids, and I'm just waiting for that moment, you get to embrace them, 'Man, it's been a long day,'" Brees said. "And they say, 'Dad, let's play football.' And I'm like, 'All right, whatever you guys wanna do. Let's go.'"

The kids then said: "You be Drew Brees and we'll be J.J. Watt. And you stand there, and we're gonna hit you."

Poor Drew.

Instead you'll get a boring, no ceiling QB who has also done nothing for you!

Did you watch Alex Smith play? They designed the offense around his strengths, which is athleticism and decision making. I think Manziel has those same on-field traits and would flourish under a QB guy like Pederson...if he weren't such a mental midget off the field.

I felt like the Eagles offense under Reid did a lot of those same thing with Mcnabb. My point is how do you know that those are Doug Pederson offense traits, and not Andy Reid offense traits. I have watched several interviews with Doug since he took the job, and I dont think he has committed to anything specific on offense yet.

eznark

Banned
I felt like the Eagles offense under Reid did a lot of those same thing with Mcnabb. My point is how do you know that those are Doug Pederson offense traits, and not Andy Reid offense traits. I have watched several interviews with Doug since he took the job, and I dont think he has committed to anything specific on offense yet.

Just because he wasn't calling the plays doesn't mean he wasn't involved in the game plan and scheming process. You think he'll have spent the last what, 25 years off and on with Reid and have been hiding some as yet undisclosed approach to running an offense? C'mon.

eznark

Banned
It'll make you a browns fan forever though. It'd be worth it.. And I agree he would fit in a Pederson system. But you said yourself.. He is an imbecile off the field. Is there really a right answer now?

I wouldn't have a problem giving him a shot. He hasn't put any kids in the emergency room, hasn't bee found guilty of repeatedly beating the fuck out of women, hasn't poured bleach on any women or kids and hasn't been accused of murder. He's like, the 185th worst person in the NFL.

Line_HTX

We don't need a QB who does nothing but hookers and booze and and is on the cops watchlist, and hasn't done much shit for us on the field, though admittedly I mostly put that on the tools around him.

I find it amazing that the cops had to search for Johnny with a MOTHERFUCKING HELICPOTER.

Durante has fixed the visual issues of Tales of Symphonia on PC....in 14 minutes. Fuck Namco.

Fucking seriously? What the fuck is Namco doing...

Just because he wasn't calling the plays doesn't mean he wasn't involved in the game plan and scheming process. You think he'll have spent the last what, 25 years off and on with Reid and have been hiding some as yet undisclosed approach to running an offense? C'mon.

That is exactly what I was wondering. Clearly with Andy it was going to be an Andy Reid offense. I guess I am hoping that maybe Doug has his own ideas and is going to put his own twist on things, maybe run the ball with a lead late in games. Stuff like that. I am sure you are right and it will just be Reid 2.0 though.

eznark

Banned
That is exactly what I was wondering. Clearly with Andy it was going to be an Andy Reid offense. I guess I am hoping that maybe Doug has his own ideas and is going to put his own twist on things, maybe run the ball with a lead late in games. Stuff like that. I am sure you are right and it will just be Reid 2.0 though.

It'll fundamentally be a pass first offense built around timing routes and moving the pocket, if personnel allowed for it. It'll be Mike Holmgren's offense at it's heart.

Farooq

Banned

From your link,

Carson Wentz has quickly become the feature prospect of the 2016 draft class, and his rise from small school passer to potential top-five pick has happened in remarkable fashion. Aside from my own thoughts, I was told earlier this year that the Dallas Cowboys may be the primary team that his value is derived from. He’s reportedly atop their quarterback board, which has spurned his “top-10 value”, but he’s quickly emerged as the top quarterback for more than few teams.

I can't help but feel like this franchise is going to be fucked for another 2 decades after Romo. First Manziel's grade in 2014, now Wentz being their top QB? Cowboys can't evaluate QBs. They had nothing but shit behind Romo as well.

Fucking seriously? What the fuck is Namco doing...

Why spend money and resources optimizing a game when the "community" will do it for you for free? This shit won't end until gamers actually nut up and stop buying these games completely, not buying them and fixing them themselves.

Hindl

Thanks! I'll take a look since I haven't preordered yet, but if it falls through then that's ok.

Durante has fixed the visual issues of Tales of Symphonia on PC....in 14 minutes. Fuck Namco.

Goddamn. It's even worse because they've generally been alright with PC Ports since Dark Souls. Durante is incredible though dude's a legend.

I wouldn't have a problem giving him a shot. He hasn't put any kids in the emergency room, hasn't bee found guilty of repeatedly beating the fuck out of women, hasn't poured bleach on any women or kids and hasn't been accused of murder. He's like, the 185th worst person in the NFL.
The key word missing in those sentences is yet. It's getting worse and is there any sign of him turn the corner to get his shit together? I would say no.

If this were the Packers, Giants, etc.. You would probably be right and a team can sit his ass down, potentially make him get help it or something like that.

Cleveland is obviously not those teams.

Why spend money and resources optimizing a game when the "community" will do it for you for free? This shit won't end until gamers actually nut up and stop buying these games completely, not buying them and fixing them themselves.

A little different in this case, since the game is free if you pre-ordered Zestiria. I don't have a problem with Durante fixing this one, since people were screwed into owning this.

eznark

Banned
The key word missing in those sentences is yet. It's getting worse and is there any sign of him turn the corner to get his shit together? I would say no.

If this were the Packers, Giants, etc.. You would probably be right and a team can sit his ass down, potentially make him get help it or something like that.

Cleveland is obviously not those teams.

The Browns are going literally fucking nowhere. They are a moribund, mostly dead, worthless and meaningless franchise and have been since their reincarnation. They're a rotting, moldy husk with no hope of a better tomorrow and no reason to think things will ever (literally EVER) be any different. The Browns are paying like 486 former coaches salaries as old as their new existence and haven't hit on a draft pick since Joe Thomas. It's a pathetic excuse for a dead carcass. Calling the Browns roadkill is an insult to roadkill. They are more like the Minnesotan hillbilly who fucks roadkill.

Point is, what the fuck do they have to lose?

My bad y'all...

Walking around Uptown Charlotte makes me glad I bought all my Panthers gear before they went and got good on us.

These pop up shops with the "success" markups, sheesh

Cam should have told a dude they were making the SB this year so I could have made some bank.

My bad y'all...

Walking around Uptown Charlotte makes me glad I bought all my Panthers gear before they went and got good on us.

These pop up shops with the "success" markups, sheesh

Cam should have told a dude they were making the SB this year so I could have made some bank.

Hmm so I should stock up now on Dolphins gear and Tannehill Jerseys is what you're saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom