• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
yeah he was held accountable for his actions

what a chump!!

photo.jpg

Furyous

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 5m5 minutes ago
Johnny Manziel Has Reportedly Told People #Cowboys, #Rams & #Chiefs Are Interested In Him

There's a snowball's chance in hell he makes the Chefs roster. Who could he beat out? Cowboys fans supporting dude need to realize Kellen Moore is a better QB. Stephen McGee is a better QB than JFF. Remember Clint Stoerner? He's a better QB than Manziel.

Jeff Fisher has to realize their division has Super Bowl contenders and proceed with caution.

Never mind I retract my previous statements. Pls make the Browns a trade offer. A conditional seventh round pick should do get the deal done.

eznark

Banned
Which is kind of the point... the Browns have to move on, though they were stupid to pick him in the first place.

Why? They control him for another two years. They gain nothing by cutting him. Make him sit on the bench and be RGIII and see if he figures his shit out. If not, who cares?

Once they said at the start of the season "McCown is the starter" you didn't hear shit about Manziel. He wasn't a distraction until Pettine fucked the QB situation up.

He's an asset they control and (ludicrously as it is) he is the best QB on that roster today. Stupid to cut him. At least the Falcons were smart enough to get some compensation when they shipped off their failed drunken QB to Green Bay.

JABEE

But keeping Manziel on the bench for an entire season would embarrass the proud Cleveland Browns franchise. What if he parties too hard again?

eznark

Banned
But keeping Manziel on the bench for an entire season would embarrass the proud Cleveland Browns franchise. What if he parties too hard again?

I'd trade a 6th or 7th for Manziel in a heartbeat. Make him inactive every single game, see if he figures his life out in nowhere Green Bay. If not, no loss. If yes? Trade him for a 4th. Simple asset arbitrage.

There is literally no downside to having him on your roster. Even if you claim "distraction" it's not in Green Bay, where he'd never have a shot at seeing reps with the second team much less dressing for a game.

"Hey Aaron what do you think of Manziel"

"Heck of a scout team QB"

"um......ok, follow up.....um"

MechDX

He never wanted to be a Brown.

He has the talent. Nothing grows in Cleveland though. The earth there has been salted.

Told you squick. Manziel will bust in Cleveland. Manziel made sure of it.

Didnt he call Farmer during the draft and say "Come get me! lets wreck this league!"?

Frankly, I didn't care. I was just tired of the entire draft conversation being about him on every damned channel so I was glad when he finally came off of the board.
I was hoping this would happen too.. Just not for my team..

I was referring to Kave and BG's reactions..
Kave, I can understand.. But BG? You believed in him?

I'd trade a 6th or 7th for Manziel in a heartbeat. Make him inactive every single game, see if he figures his life out in nowhere Green Bay. If not, no loss. If yes? Trade him for a 4th. Simple asset arbitrage.

There is literally no downside to having him on your roster. Even if you claim "distraction" it's not in Green Bay, where he'd never have a shot at seeing reps with the second team much less dressing for a game.

"Hey Aaron what do you think of Manziel"

"Heck of a scout team QB"

"um......ok, follow up.....um"

What about when he bangs munn and leaves erron crestfallen?

eznark

Banned
Remember the Brett Hundley hype.

He's been fucking incredible for the Packers. Looking forward to seeing what he does with a full off-season in the program and being able to fully participate in McCarthy's QB school.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a totally raw kid make so much progress from draft day to the pre-season as he did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom