• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Luckily for you this guy is a free agent:

jimmy-clausen.jpg
Who is that?

He looks like a hand model for those rings they sell you in high school and college.

Godslay

Banned
My opinion on that is there's no "window". Gronk is in the back of the endzone running to grass. Just get the ball higher than those guys in the goal line can jump and Gronk catches it.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/162742324/patriots-failed-two-point-conversion-brady

I think that's the deception of stills.

I'd like to see it in full speed with a shot of the secondary.

The ball would have had to come out directly after the break. Otherwise, seems like Keo closed it off, and maybe a higher ball would have be a catch. At least from what I can pick out.

Problem was, it looks like Brady's feet weren't in a good position to throw there as he was mid sidestep.

Who knows though? It's always more than a couple of stills.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I have the day off after the Super Bowl. Gotta love being an NYC teacher. Except for the part where everyone shits on us.

Crisco

Banned
The Oline during Brady's years have been good and consistent, but not often elite, nothing as strong as teams like the Broncos, Seahawks, Cowboys, etc. have had during various times of success. Brady has as much to do with why he doesn't get sacked often as the line does.

The Panthers line, however, is elite. They were freaking incredible last night.

It's a tough throw, but Brady could make it pretty easily if he was in rhythm and comfortable, which he never got to in this game. I think he was just kind of set on Edelman and probably expected Juls to get a little more room than he did.

Yet before the season started everyone laughed at Gettleman for signing Michael Oher instead of picking the 11th best tackle in the draft to start...... No lie, they've played really well this season, but just like Brady does with his quick passing, Cam's athletic ability makes the line look better than it really is. I will say though that yesterday they were just plain great, Cam barely had to scramble away from any pressure.

MRSA

Banned
There is no way Reggie McKenzie signs Josh Norman to a humongous deal, not his style

I doubt it, David Amerson is actually a very decent CB, just everyone else is garbage. So find another serviceable CB either through FA or the draft. Put that money towards Eric Weddle and another 2nd tier DB. I think our needs at safety are bigger than CB since we literally have nobody, I mean come the fuck on, Taylor Mays was our starting safety at the end of the season.

EDIT: Raiders have 5 Pro Bowlers? 6 including suspended Reece, lmao the Pro Bowl is a joke.

I have the day off after the Super Bowl. Gotta love being an NYC teacher. Except for the part where everyone shits on us.

The persecution complex for teachers is strong. And I say this with my wife and a bunch of my close friends being teachers.

One of my teacher friends puts it pretty good... During Feb and April vacation, Columbus Day, Presidents Day, Thanksgiving, Good Friday, and the whole summer he just thinks "I can't believe they pay me to do this..." but then when he's in the classroom he thinks "Seriously, I can't be paid enough to do this."

No one gets scapegoated by poor parenting and failing social services like teachers. It's a tough gig.

You hear this a lot, but seriously who scapegoats teachers? The scapegoat is always on government, funding, allocation of funds, etc. I never hear anybody being like "Our kids are failing because we have bad teachers!" It's always "our kids are failing because the curriculum sucks, they have to be taught to an arbitrary test, the school is over-crowded, there isn't enough money," etc

gutshot

Happy to see Ertz locked up. I think he can be very productive, if he becomes a focal point of the offense.

And, of course, it's a very team-friendly deal which is Howie's hallmark. Look for Lane Johnson and Vinny Curry to get locked up next, with similar deals.

Eleuin

Yet before the season started everyone laughed at Gettleman for signing Michael Oher instead of picking the 11th best tackle in the draft to start...... No lie, they've played really well this season, but just like Brady does with his quick passing, Cam's athletic ability makes the line look better than it really is.

the coaching staff has done an amazing job, especially compared to last year

Farooq

Banned
So this Tyrod Taylor guy is getting added to the Pro Bowl.

$$$$

Deserved and rather pay and be competitive than ...you know. Hopefully the Bills get their RT situation handled after investing in Tyrod.

Edit: I wonder how alternate pro-bowl will factor into the negotiations. Agent will be like "Pro-bowl QB", and then the Bills chime in "Alternate" to cheapen his deal.

The elephant in the room with the Bears number is they will be franchise tagging Jeffrey if a long term deal can't be worked out. Pace already stated there likely won't be any big splashes, just multiple mid level signings. Which is good in my book. Look at what Suh did for the Dolphins last year...

On the radio in Vegas the other day I believe it was Mark Malone who said that they did not expect the Bears to tag him. I am really curious to see how that plays out.

Best thing about the offseason for me is that the Cowboys are once again NFC East favorites!

Just wait until you see Doug Pederson's nice guy offense next year. Eagles are gonna aw shucks their way to the division title.

Miko Grimes going off on Armando (Sports writer) because Brent made the probowl (like 6th alt lol) what a stupid cunt, they need to just cut his ass so we don't have to hear from that bitch again.

squicken

Still can't believe Kubes and Wade are coaching in a SB. Guess the problem was the talent, and in true Texans fashion, the guy picking the talent still has his job

LJ11

Deserved and rather pay and be competitive than ...you know. Hopefully the Bills get their RT situation handled after investing in Tyrod.

What up Farooq! Yeah, Bills have some holes to fill on the OL, left side are free agents, right side sucks. Need some LBs, DL, Safeties. But at least I can watch Tyrod throw deep to Sammy.

BigAT

I remember the hype for Jimmy Clausen going into college... I don't even follow college ball that much, not since NCAA Football the game stopped being made, and the hype for him was insane.

Yeah, I remember seeing a video segment on him when he was still in high school. It was all about how he had been groomed to be the perfect quarterback since birth and how perfect his game was and how he didn't have any flaws. Best QB prospect in years, etc.

MRSA

Banned
Too bad for Larry Fitzgerald, he still has to play another year in Arizona because nobody is going to take his 25 million cap hit for essentially a slot WR.

Line_HTX

Hopefully this finally puts an end to dumbass Houston sports radio callers and their takes on him.
Probably not but a man can hope

This can finally make up for ALL OF THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS in the stands that cheered and roared at his OT TD. I can let this go at long last.

Too bad for Larry Fitzgerald, he still has to play another year in Arizona because nobody is going to take his 25 million cap hit for essentially a slot WR.

Has to play another year in Arizona? Are we forgetting that Arizona went to the NFC championship game?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Fucking Kubiak. Fuck him and his loyalty. He single handedly nixed Manning coming to Houston. By all accounts Manning was already looking for houses. No, we needed to stay with Schaub, over Peyton freaking Manning. Could have been Wade Phillips defense with an actual healthy Peyton Manning offense, instead of noodle Manning they currently have.

Its ok though, i dont think they have that good a chance against that defense and offense. Panthers are pretty great from top to bottom.

ampere

Brady doesn't have the arm strength anymore to make that throw. Though I guess he could've tried lofting it into the corner but that gives the high side corner an opportunity to make a play.

The despair of the noodle arm.

Doubt it was cause he couldn't make the throw, it's like a 20 yarder

Brady already made his 1 read. No way he even saw Gronk.

Probably this, desperate to get rid of it early so makes 1 read and throws. Sigh

Yeah, I remember seeing a video segment on him when he was still in high school. It was all about how he had been groomed to be the perfect quarterback since birth and how perfect his game was and how he didn't have any flaws. Best QB prospect in years, etc.

Went and looked up some HS tapes on him and saw this comment on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52uQAv0XiIA

a7TIbNx.png

I'd love to put a fantasy team of guys like Jimmy Clausen and Noel Devine together. The unbelievable HS hype team

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Still can't believe Kubes and Wade are coaching in a SB. Guess the problem was the talent, and in true Texans fashion, the guy picking the talent still has his job

please, you telling me you dont think they had the talent to compete for a superbowl in 2011 and 2012? If Schaub doesnt go down in 2011 they had a pretty damn good shot, or if they pick up Manning in 2012 and dump Schaub, that team would have been very scary in 2012 and 2013 and 2014.

LJ11

Dude, Riverboat is coaching in the SB, crazy shit happens.

Like you said, if the talent is there, shit is easier.

Farooq

Banned
What up Farooq! Yeah, Bills have some holes to fill on the OL, left side are free agents, right side sucks. Need some LBs, DL, Safeties. But at least I can watch Tyrod throw deep to Sammy.

Kinda assumed they would resign Cordy Glenn. Henderson with the Crohns, and Cyrus's knee issue I'd imagine they would go OT with the first 3 picks.

Line_HTX

This season was full of surprises, and I'm surprised we did okay given the QB carousel.

Now this next year is where they need to step the fuck up. And while JD did okay, he must step up even more to help out. McNair said so.

And GET A FUCKING QUARTERBACK, and NO, BlackGhost does not count as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom