• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It stings....

SMbQkFB.png

Hey, you have Flacco. Let us have our Elite Quarterback (TM).

I mean, do you have any idea how funny is sounds to say "Buffalo Bills' Pro Bowl quarterback" outloud? I don't think anybody here can really understand.

Line_HTX

And while we're at it, BOB needs to do more fucking research and get some scouts or some shit. We cannot have the same shit happen in the preseason again.

Farooq

Banned
Texans should trade with Dallas for Wentz. Dallas can get Noah Spence at 22 and shit load of picks for a final run with Romo wrapped head to toe in kevlar.

squicken

Dude, Riverboat is coaching in the SB, crazy shit happens.

Like you said, if the talent is there, shit is easier.

I remember Barnwell crushing Hurney and the team he built is about to win a SB. If Rivera's balls drop a little earlier he is John Schneider East

MechDX

Fucking Kubiak. Fuck him and his loyalty. He single handedly nixed Manning coming to Houston. By all accounts Manning was already looking for houses. No, we needed to stay with Schaub, over Peyton freaking Manning. Could have been Wade Phillips defense with an actual healthy Peyton Manning offense, instead of noodle Manning they currently have.

Its ok though, i dont think they have that good a chance against that defense and offense. Panthers are pretty great from top to bottom.

Still can't believe Kubes and Wade are coaching in a SB. Guess the problem was the talent, and in true Texans fashion, the guy picking the talent still has his job

please, you telling me you dont think they had the talent to compete for a superbowl in 2011 and 2012? If Schaub doesnt go down in 2011 they had a pretty damn good shot, or if they pick up Manning in 2012 and dump Schaub, that team would have been very scary in 2012 and 2013 and 2014.

Fucking Kubiak
Fucking Rick Smith
Fucking Haynesworth
Fucking Schaub

Cheerleader-Crying-In-a-Car-On-a-Rainy-Day.gif

LJ11

Kinda assumed they would resign Cordy Glenn. Henderson with the Crohns, and Cyrus's knee issue I'd imagine they would go OT with the first 3 picks.

Cyrus selection still pisses me off, hated that pick. He looked great early in his collegiate career, and then just fell off a cliff, always a bad sign especially when there were concerns about his knees.

I hope they bring back Cordy and Incognito, but they need to cut Mario, they have cap issues going forward.

I remember Barnwell crushing Hurney and the team he built is about to win a SB. If Rivera's balls drop a little earlier he is John Schneider East

They nailed their front seven selections, Short and Star in the first two rounds of the draft, and Keuchly fell to them as well as teams in the top ten were missing left and right that year. Sometimes you get lucky, but you have to make the right choice when you get the breaks, same story with Star.

Edit: Also, Davis can still play at high level, despite the fact that he can't stay healthy. Unreal how one player can get hurt that many times and comes back to play at a high level, Frank Gore only other guy I can remember who suffered that much and still produced.

squicken

please, you telling me you dont think they had the talent to compete for a superbowl in 2011 and 2012? If Schaub doesnt go down in 2011 they had a pretty damn good shot, or if they pick up Manning in 2012 and dump Schaub, that team would have been very scary in 2012 and 2013 and 2014.

Good points. Peyton definitely wanted to come to HOU and the Schaub injury was killer. But the key to that run was the offseason of Wade, Watt, Jospeh and D. Manning. It's always kind of been debated who was responsible for putting that defense together. LZ has always said that Wade was the champion for Watt

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
How many owners would have fired Ron Rivera after going 7-8-1 last year after going 12-4 the year before? sometimes patience pays off.

Furyous

Watching that game just makes me realize what a charmed life Brady has had. His offense is a read and fire quick tempo offense, but on the occasions that the first or second guy wasn't open Brady has had days to sit in the pocket and wait for something.

Watching the Panthers last night reinforced this idea. How important are dominant wide receivers really? They are a nice luxury, but if i'm a GM I spend my energy putting beef in front of my QB before anything.

The Pats are a great team and Brady is one of the best QBs of this era so that's not a fair assessment IMHO. Your example is solid one but ignores the reality that you need a good to great QB to capitalize on the strong offensive line. My perspective is give me an okay line and one great wide receiver like Megatron. If the line barely holds then you move the chains with the wide receiver consistently getting open catching balls over two defenders.

A better comparison is offensive elite offensive linemen to elite cornerbacks. They both do their jobs but don't get the glory. Would you rather have an offensive lineman or an elite cornerback?

Crisco

Banned
Man, my wife is awesome. She's basically calling me a bitch for not wanting to spend $5000 to see my team in the Super Bowl. I'm not gonna do it because I just can't bring myself to shell out that much on something just for me, but it's great knowing she's got my back. When you know you married the right person!

The Pats are a great team and Brady is one of the best QBs of this era so that's not a fair assessment IMHO. Your example is solid one but ignores the reality that you need a good to great QB to capitalize on the strong offensive line. My perspective is give me an okay line and one great wide receiver like Megatron. If the line barely holds then you move the chains with the wide receiver consistently getting open catching balls over two defenders.

A better comparison is offensive elite offensive linemen to elite cornerbacks. They both do their jobs but don't get the glory. Would you rather have an offensive lineman or an elite cornerback?

That has worked out so well for the Lions.

BigAT

Man, my wife is awesome. She's basically calling me a bitch for not wanting to spend $5000 to see my team in the Super Bowl. I'm not gonna do it because I just can't bring myself to shell out that much on something just for me, but it's great knowing she's got my back. When you know you married the right person!

She wants to get you out of town so she can have her side piece over.

squicken

"I let you spend 5 grand on a stupid football game and you are complaining about me spending ....?!"

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Meanwhile, Joe Flacco was the seventh alternative for the Pro Bowl one time and makes 47 million dollars next season.

What I love about you is you've stuck so true to this side of the debate. I mean even at the peak of his miracle run it was bittersweet for you knowing he was about to make baaaaank.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
McNair has stupid patience for an NFL owner. It has gotten us dick

not everything i post is related to the Texans.

I think a lot of owners would have fired Ron after last season. You see coaches getting fired after 1 or 2 seasons. Its rare your going to fire your coach hire a new one and go to the superbowl that year.

MechDX

Marvin Harrison might be the winner here.

Yeah I was trying to think of ones since Rice and Irvin. I forgot about Harrison.

My point being that the best receivers tend to not be apart of Super Bowl winning teams.

Because "defense wins championships" is still true. QB just wins you games to get you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom