• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confession: I root for the Browns not because I love them but because my family would disown me and my great grandmother would turn in her grave if I ever dropped them.

Every time I bring out the Browns being terrible to my father he resorts to his old. "You young fans just don't know anything. You know the Browns used to be the greatest football team of all time and win ALL the championships?" argument.

Because the Browns being good over 50 years ago actually means anything to someone who is 28.

It's ok to have your own opinions, squicken. Just because someone gets a microphone doesn't make them smart.

Three months ago I would have probably defaulted to agreeing with Fahey but man, he's had some bizarre takes this fall.

It is nice to see people not knee jerking to defending Brady though, that's new. Someday maybe Nantz will get there instead of blaming James White for bad overthrows.
Freaking Chris Wesseling talking about how White JUST HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Brady overshot him both times, period. If Tannehill makes that exact throw everyone is talking about how shitty his deep ball is.

Fuck Brady.

Sanjuro

Freaking Chris Wesseling talking about how White JUST HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Brady overshot him both times, period. If Tannehill makes that exact throw everyone is talking about how shitty his deep ball is.

Fuck Brady.

White did have to make the plays, but he just doesn't have that skillset

I'm happy only for Godslay.
You broke Derek's heart.. You broke his heart.

Confession: I root for the Browns not because I love them but because my family would disown me and my great grandmother would turn in her grave if I ever dropped them.

Every time I bring out the Browns being terrible to my father he resorts to his old. "You young fans just don't know anything. You know the Browns used to be the greatest football team of all time and win ALL the championships?" argument.

Because the Browns being good over 50 years ago actually means anything to someone who is 28.
I understand sir. My family has always cheered for them and we always will...

Thanks buddy.

I'm sure that one day Cleve will get their taste.
The day I die probably..

Line_HTX

Hey guys did you hear?

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*bounce

Valkyria-Chronicles-Remastered_2016_01-25-16_004.jpg_600.jpg

Furyous

Marvin Harrison might be the winner here.

Yeah I was trying to think of ones since Rice and Irvin. I forgot about Harrison.

My point being that the best receivers tend to not be apart of Super Bowl winning teams.

Not to nitpick but I said great not elite. Elite is top 5 in the league. Great is that nebulous top 10 to 20 range. Santonio Holmes had a run that included a game winning super bowl catch.

You guys better say Marvin Harrison!

WHO? NEVER HEARD OF HIM. Are you referring to number 81 that used to play for that team in Indy? That person's name is Harvin Marrison no clue who whatever individual you're talking about is.

bionic77

I'm happy only for Godslay.
Broncos were the best team in the AFC. They deserve to go to the SB.

The Panthers were by far the best team in the NFL.

They deserve to win it all.

But as you know better then anyone else being a Browns fan, deserves got nothing to do with it!

squicken

Fuck Brady.

I thought White could have adjusted to the throws better, but they were still bad throws. Brady really does seem incapable of throwing anything outside of the numbers beyond 5 yards past the LoS

The 4th down throw to Gronk was amazing, though

eznark

Banned

Fuck Brady.

Let me guess, he claimed Dion Lewis would have caught it.

MechDX

not everything i post is related to the Texans.

I think a lot of owners would have fired Ron after last season. You see coaches getting fired after 1 or 2 seasons. Its rare your going to fire your coach hire a new one and go to the superbowl that year.

Agreed. I dont know who it was here who said a new hired coach needs 3 years minimum to get a fair shot. I personally feel 5 years is more appropriate but anywhere in that 3-5 year window is good.

Problem is we are living in a right now world. Coaches have crazy pressure to produce right away leading teams to ruin young QB's, overpay in free agency and dumb down playbooks while the latest CBA severely limits time with players actually coaching them

Godslay

Banned
Broncos were the best team in the AFC. They deserve to go to the SB.

The Panthers were by far the best team in the NFL.

They deserve to win it all.

But as you know better then anyone else being a Browns fan, deserves got nothing to do with it!

Nobody deserves anything.

They have to earn it.

LJ11

Fuck Brady.

I don't care what anyone says, Chris Wesseling is a fucking twat, can't stand that prick. Brady had shots to win that game, his deepball isn't what it was, hard to blame White. The margin is small.

At least Brady hit Gronk on that 4th down, great throw. Gronk split the double, yeah Denver was shallow, but it was near the end of the game and he had to rip through the coverage even if he wasn't really jammed at the line.

I thought White could have adjusted to the throws better, but they were still bad throws. Brady really does seem incapable of throwing anything outside of the numbers beyond 5 yards past the LoS

Seems like he's worse now when he moves his feet too, just some awful throws when he has to move a bit and fire. He's older, can expect him to keep this shit up forever. At times I thought he was lucky that Denver hit him and he threw it right into the ground, because it looked like the Denver defenders were ready to pick it off if it went to the intended target.

The Pats are a great team and Brady is one of the best QBs of this era so that's not a fair assessment IMHO. Your example is solid one but ignores the reality that you need a good to great QB to capitalize on the strong offensive line. My perspective is give me an okay line and one great wide receiver like Megatron. If the line barely holds then you move the chains with the wide receiver consistently getting open catching balls over two defenders.

A better comparison is offensive elite offensive linemen to elite cornerbacks. They both do their jobs but don't get the glory. Would you rather have an offensive lineman or an elite cornerback?

Elite cornerbacks don't get glory!?

I've made this argument before, but outside of Quarterback cornerback is the hardest position in the NFL to draft for. On the rare occasion a team gets an elite one their ass gets kissed for years, even after they lose their skills.

Brady is a great QB, and probably the fastest Read/React QB in the NFL, but that offensive line keeps him in those games. Someone earlier mentioned that they weren't elite. They don't NEED to be. All they need to worry about is the few plays every game where Brady's first or second read is covered.

bionic77

I need to see it again but it seemed like he just threw it up for grabs (which is exactly what you are supposed to do). As I recall the Broncos defender slipped and Gronk was there to pull it down.

The AFC game was not a game to point to great throws of the football.

And yes Brady could not hit the deep ball, but neither could Manning. Manning had some guys wide open, at least one in the end zone, and he just flubbed it almost every time.

Sanjuro

I need to see it again but it seemed like he just threw it up for grabs (which is exactly what you are supposed to do). As I recall the Broncos defender slipped and Gronk was there to pull it down.

And yes Brady could not hit the deep ball, but neither could Manning. Manning had some guys wide open, at least one in the end zone, and he just flubbed it almost every time.

There were a few plays where he could have aired it out to Martin. It's obvious that he isn't comfortable throwing to him in a variety of situations.

At least Manning didnt have the killer turnovers like Brady did. Could you imagine what the media would be saying today if Manning had thrown 2 picks like Brady did and his team lost? Every story would be saying that he needs to retire.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
According to Nielsen estimates, the 3:05-6:45 p.m. ET game between the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos on CBS averaged a monster 31.8 household rating/53 share in the overnights, peaking with a 36.6/57 from 6-6:30 p.m. ET. The Broncos’ 20-18 victory, in the 17th matchup all-time of legendary quarterbacks Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, notched the highest rating for the AFC Championship in 29 years (since an overtime contest between Denver and Cleveland on NBC did a 31.9 rating).

Goodell is going to force Peyton to play until he's 50.

Farooq

Banned
Cyrus selection still pisses me off, hated that pick. He looked great early in his collegiate career, and then just fell off a cliff, always a bad sign especially when there were concerns about his knees.

I hope they bring back Cordy and Incognito, but they need to cut Mario, they have cap issues going forward.

Jerry Hughes and bunch of vets and young players if Williams is cut. But it has to be done.

For some reason I thought Taylor was a one year deal. Looking at the cap, the Bills can save 17.5 million by cutting Mario, Carpenter, and Leodis. Cordy Glenn getting top 10 LT money. Can they bring back both Incognito and Glenn?

ShaneB

I don't know how you guys listen to the ATL podcast. Not one of those guys has an ounce of personality or an opinion worth listening to.

I think they're funny and entertaining. They each have their own unique personality and it's an hour of friends rambling on about football. There are moments of heat and arguments just as often as them goofing around.

I'm sorry I find listening to their opinions more entertaining than reading yours.

Trey

At the time, I couldn't believe that Gonk wasn't his first read. I still can't believe it. T*m was shook.

Gronk was also limping and they doubled him all quarter. Only because the pass was so terrible on the 4th down td could gronk make a play on the ball. Single man across the board with gronk probably doubled, you better hope your first read could beat the coverage off the ball because the Pats oline wasn't stopping a blessed thing.

bionic77

At least Manning didnt have the killer turnovers like Brady did. Could you imagine what the media would be saying today if Manning had thrown 2 picks like Brady did and his team lost? Every story would be saying that he needs to retire.
I can't give Manning any credit for the game yesterday.

That is a disservice to Denver's defense which won the game on its own.

It is amazing that they stopped New England almost the entire second half despite their offense doing jack shit.

I think they're funny and entertaining. They each have their own unique personality and it's an hour of friends rambling on about football. There are moments of heat and arguments just as often as them goofing around.

I'm sorry I find listening to their opinions more entertaining than reading yours.

PLAYOFF GAME ON THE LINE! WE NEED YOU BOWE!

dbb.gif

MechDX

Mech, what round will JJ make the Texans draft his brother? 2nd?

Nope thats Hacks spot.

Some team will take a late round flyer or use a late comp pick on him. I keep seeing scouts mentioning his long snapper abilities which will help him make a roster since most teams dont use fullbacks anymore. I joke about wanting him for the name but it wouldn't be a good spot for him. His damn name will create a circus around him and the expectations will be high

How did the 3rd brother look at OLB this year after moving there from TE?

Godslay

Banned
I can't give Manning any credit for the game yesterday.

That is a disservice to Denver's defense which won the game on its own.

It is amazing that they stopped New England almost the entire second half despite their offense doing jack shit.

He missed some throws, but he hit two TDs as well. That first drive with that seam TD to OD set the tone. Then he hit another ball to the corner of the endzone (which was fluttering), but was right on the money to OD.

If he would have hit OD again or Norwood in the endzone the third time the game wouldn't have been close.

The defense deserves 90% of the credit, but Manning held his own. It was good enough to get the job done.

So realized this is the fourth straight year a black QB has made it to the Super Bowl. This one however is the first of the four where the QB is fully black.

Trey

Manning played better than a lot of people think. DT was dropping every thing, and Sanders slowed up on a sure TD. It's the best game I've seen out of Manning all season to be honest. He was missing throws up the middle, specifically in the redzone. That pass to Norwood over the top should've been a TD, definitely missed that throw. But he showed touch on the outside flying duck to Owen Daniels, so it's not like he's completely lost it.

Thing is Pats weren't doing a whole lot to bother him. Yeah they got a few sacks on instant pressure due to blown assignments and lol pass pro, but that's about it. If Panthers bring it consistenly, it's a blowout for sure.

Caja 117

He missed some throws, but he hit two TDs as well. That first drive with that seam TD to OD set the tone. Then he hit another ball to the corner of the endzone (which was fluttering), but was right on the money to OD.

If he would have hit OD again or Norwood in the endzone the third time the game wouldn't have been close.

The defense deserves 90% of the credit, but Manning held his own. It was good enough to get the job done.

Manning did what he needed to do, not go crazy and give up int, he kept the momentum on Broncos side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom