• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Schefter says the Eagles aren't close to a deal with Cox :(

Hopefully he's wrong.

You can't rush with Cox. You have to work on it nice and slow until its finally time and Cox is ready.

Mock drafts having Cowboys take Wentz at 4, eh

Some of the mocks are weird. Most have the Eagles taking the best available Tackle at 13 when that would be a reach/need pick. Depending on what they do with Peters, they might not need to draft a guy at 13 who best projects as a tackle.

They need help at interior oline more than anything else. Tackle only becomes a priority if Peters leaves, Lane slides over to LT, and then they need a RT.

Considering what might be available at 13 compared to what they have them projected as taking, it makes no sense. BPA!

I dont see it happening. Cowboys are a contender now why waste such a high draft pick when it is not an issue of immediate need on a QB? SIgn a vet back up or draft one in later rounds for insurance.

Romo injured the same thing twice last year. What reason is there to believe it wont happen again? Dallas absolutely needs to prepare for that this year, since they didnt really have a backup plan last year. Maybe they go out and sign someone like buttfumble who can do better then Weeden at least, but it wouldnt be surprising at all to see them go QB in the 1st round. Hell 2 years ago Jerry wanted to grab a QB.

MechDX

Romo injured the same thing twice last year. What reason is there to believe it wont happen again? Dallas absolutely needs to prepare for that this year, since they didnt really have a backup plan last year. Maybe they go out and sign someone like buttfumble who can do better then Weeden at least, but it wouldnt be surprising at all to see them go QB in the 1st round. Hell 2 years ago Jerry wanted to grab a QB.

I never said it wouldn't happen again, most likely will. When you have a contending team you don't waste a chance at an immediate impact player on a guy who has to develop. Sign a vet back up and hope for the bext case scenario. I can see RG3 landing in Dallas either way. Free agency will start to answer some of these questions for us. Thankfully that is only a month away

Hindl

Yeah I don't like reaching for Conklin. If Stanley or Tunsil are off the board (they will be), then I'd want one of Nkemdiche, Treadwell, or Spence. Ogbah too but I don't think he'll still be there. Basically, grab either Treadwell or one of the elite DEs. If we're running a 4-3, we can never have too many pass rushers. If none are available, trade down.

eznark

Banned
As more and more people watch film on Hunter Henry the further he will drop. He is not a first round talent, and unless TT suddenly decides he needs a tiny upgrade over Richard Rodgers and draft for need instead of bpa, there is no chance the Packers take him in the first. That guy is flat plummeting. He is in desperate need of some explosive combine numbers.

Overheard last night at my wife's class:

"Who's playing in the Super Bowl?"

"The Broncos and Cardinals"

"Who do you want to win?"

"Cardinals have never won, so it would be nice if they took it.It would be nice if Tom Brady could retire with one more Championship.

Sorry, I meant Preston Manning.

...Peyton Manning".

jbug617

Banned
CaTSRgfWIAE1cgI.jpg

Crisco

Banned
Panthers need to take the best defensive end or cornerback available at 31. Wouldn't turn down a stud tight end or offensive tackle either. This actually seems like a really deep defensive end draft, a lot of 4-3 guys too who can rush the passer, which is rare these days. If we can add consistent pressure off the edges to the interior rush of Short and the speed of our linebackers we'll have the best defense in the league next year.

Crisco

Banned
Overheard last night at my wife's class:

"Who's playing in the Super Bowl?"

"The Broncos and Cardinals"

"Who do you want to win?"

"Cardinals have never won, so it would be nice if they took it.It would be nice if Tom Brady could retire with one more Championship.

Sorry, I meant Preston Manning.

...Peyton Manning".

This is why I hate Super Bowl parties or watching football in public in general. I'm watching SB50 in my living room, alone, just me and a bottle of Jack.

MechDX

This is why I hate Super Bowl parties or watching football in public in general. I'm watching SB50 in my living room, alone, just me and a bottle of Jack.

Invite The Jak over, drink together,turn down the TV volume and let him do commentary for you.

Greg

it is the worst

no one understands the game, they have terrible opinions on everything, and they just parrot whatever the commentary pushes

I'm fine with random games (how can you survive TNF without alcohol?), but for playoffs and Packers games I stay away from bars

It's fun watching football with a friend who's just as into it as you, especially when your teams are playing each other. I have a friend who's a huge Washington fan and it's fun to talk shit to him, even if the fins only play them once every four years.

I agree that watching football with people who don't know the game can be fucking painful.

It's fun watching football with a friend who's just as into it as you, especially when your teams are playing each other. I have a friend who's a huge Washington fan and it's fun to talk shit to him, even if the fins only play them once every four years.

I agree that watching football with people who don't know the game can be fucking painful.

Yup, I only invite people who actually watch the game, otherwise they can fuck right off.

I always watch it with my dad. I can't watch patriots games in public because I get too emotional.

I'd rather watch the games as my old man's house.

Had to watch the AFC championship game at work. That sucked.

Godslay

Banned
I can't believe the insanity I am seeing. People saying the Eagles should give Bradford $18-19m a year. Dude should get $12-13m, maybe $15m at the absolute max.

Not enough. Cap is going up, salaries will rise accordingly. Weak draft class, weak FA field. Sam is likely going to get paid in that range.

I can't believe the insanity I am seeing. People saying the Eagles should give Bradford $18-19m a year. Dude should get $12-13m, maybe $15m at the absolute max.

Eagles should absolutely give Bradford what he wants. He was so good the 2nd half, even with all the problems that the team had. This franchise has drafted one good QB in like 30 years so good luck with finding a guy that way. I just dont see how you can count on these guys finding someone that is definitely better. QB is to important to leave up to chance, if you get a good one you need to hold onto him no matter what.

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall is another who has publicly supported Fitzpatrick, and said on ESPN's First Take that he doesn't want Kaepernick, although he was quick to say that it was because he was content with the team's current quarterback situation.

"I think he's good ... my guy is Fitz," Marshall said. "It's nothing against Kaepernick, but what I'm saying is that I have my quarterbacks and I'm good."

I completely forgot Manish Mehta existed till this story honestly

From what I saw from Bradford absolutely shocked that Eagles would consider him as the QB long term. This isn't like the Vick situation he didn't blow away any expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom