• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I would go right at his knees. I would try to hurt him. That might be difference between winning and losing a Super Bowl." - Rodney Harrison on Cam

Kas is Rodney Harrison. It makes too much sense not to be true

Not enough. Cap is going up, salaries will rise accordingly. Weak draft class, weak FA field. Sam is likely going to get paid in that range.

Someone else can overpay him in that range.

Eagles should absolutely give Bradford what he wants. He was so good the 2nd half, even with all the problems that the team had. This franchise has drafted one good QB in like 30 years so good luck with finding a guy that way. I just dont see how you can count on these guys finding someone that is definitely better. QB is to important to leave up to chance, if you get a good one you need to hold onto him no matter what.

Can't draft a good QB, so sign a middling QB!

So here's some scenarios for the Giants in free agency and some guess work at contract numbers based on market value for each player and some reading I've done on a few cap sites. Mostly conjecture obviously but the Giants are going to have to spend money in free agency. The team has too many holes. I'm trying to fill some needs with what I feel would be impact players given what's already on the roster.

Danny Trevathan - 4 years, 28-30 million contract (15-17 million guaranteed)
Malik jackson - 5 years, 42-45 million contract (23-24 million guaranteed)
Marvin Jones - 4 years, 20-22 million (8-10 million guaranteed)
Robert Ayers - 2 years, 11 million (5 million guaranteed)
Tashaun Gipson - 4 years, 22-25 million (10-12 million guaranteed)

Some might disagree with me but I would also like to see Prince Amukamara resigned. That's likely going to be a 4-5 years, 25-30 million dollar contracts with 13-15 million guaranteed. The question is whether the Giants want to tie that up in an injury prone player? I think they should but make sure they build in an few escape plans into the contract (essentially make it a two year deal that will only cost the guaranteed money).

The team then has the draft to address needs on the offensive line (we need a RT and depth), another WR, another linebacker (or 12) and most importantly - pass rush. We need pass rushers.

The Giants might also end up enamored with a safety in the draft and end up not pursuing Gipson. They could go after a veteran like Eric Weddle on a cheaper deal and wait for the draft to fill that position of need.

Just thinking out loud....

Hindl

I can't believe the insanity I am seeing. People saying the Eagles should give Bradford $18-19m a year. Dude should get $12-13m, maybe $15m at the absolute max.

That's what he's getting on the open market. No less than $17M probably. I like Bradford and want him back, and Howie looks like he's clearing cap space with all these extensions. However, if they can't get him down, we should probably let him walk. The Eagles are in a semi-rebuild and they are making the foundation the young D. We won't be a contender for probably at least 2-3 years while we rebuild the offense. Bradford might not want that, combined with the reports that he doesn't like Philly much. I can see him going

MechDX

Rahim Moore will likely be available at safety. Such a terrible free agent signing.

Texans defense got loads better when they started deactivating him for games after the bye week.

My guess is they try to trade him for 6th or 7th before the just release him

I'm going to go see yankee's giraffe this weekend.

Cant wait my friend!

Someone else can overpay him in that range.

Can't draft a good QB, so sign a middling QB!

Except Bradford was far from middling last year even with all the problems. I am not going to even bother positng the numbers again, but he was one of the best QBs in the 2nd half last year and he looked really good once he got comfortable. You let him go, you are going to spend years trying to find someone even close to that good, and by the time you do, if you ever do, what little talent the teams has now will be gone. Pinching Jeffery's penneys is going to get us nowhere.

Crisco

Banned
"I would go right at his knees. I would try to hurt him. That might be difference between winning and losing a Super Bowl." - Rodney Harrison on Cam

Derek Anderson may be the hero after all!

7Qcdeto.gif

Godslay

Banned

If he implies injuring someone, then it's obviously bullshit.

If he saying you have to chop him down at the legs, then it's legit. Cam is a QB in a TE sized body. That's how you tackle the big boys, right at the legs. Otherwise you are going to get a run away train.

Sign Bradford, try to find the next Russell Wilson with one of the third round picks. Keep drafting QBs until you find an upgrade. Unless you want on the HoyerTrain

We are not even going to get Hoyer level of QBing. If Bradford isnt the guy then the Chase Daniels experience will be coming to Philly.

squicken

You know I don't know why I am surprised that Harbaugh had another notch on the crazy machine, but this signing day event is his greatest feat yet

Bread

Banned

If he saying you have to chop him down at the legs, then it's legit. Cam is a QB in a TE sized body. That's how you tackle the big boys, right at the legs. Otherwise you are going to get a run away train.
Wasn't only implied, he said to hurt him!

Godslay

Banned
Wasn't only implied, he said to hurt him!

Hurting and injuring are two different things in my mind.

But I'm thinking that he's implying knocking him out of the game with an injury. Which is too bad if true. Shouldn't have to win that way.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's fun watching football with a friend who's just as into it as you, especially when your teams are playing each other. I have a friend who's a huge Washington fan and it's fun to talk shit to him, even if the fins only play them once every four years.

I agree that watching football with people who don't know the game can be fucking painful.

When I started out watching football all my friends seemed like they knew what they were talking about but years later while I've gained more knowledge I've learned only 1 of them really knows football while the rest will trash talk if their team is doing well.

Bread

Banned
Hurting and injuring are two different things in my mind.

But I'm thinking that he's implying knocking him out of the game with an injury. Which is too bad if true. Shouldn't have to win that way.
Idk man saying "go for his knees" and "hurt him" in consecutive sentences seems like he's advocating for dirty hits.

KingBroly

Banned
What's it like having two teams in the same conference?

It's fine as long as they don't face each other. You want both teams to succeed as far as they can and hope they don't cross paths. If they do, you root for the one you feel closer to, and in my case, is the Washington Redskins, tyvm. Sour that Carolina smacked them up a bit? Yup. But it glosses over you pretty quick.

It happens in hockey too, but the rift because Washington and Carolina in the NHL is greater since I'm 3 hours away from the Canes and fuck the NBA as far as I'm concerned.

He says it right there in the quote: "I would try to hurt him", not much implication needed.

Plus a dude with Rodney Harrison's reputation doesn't get and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom