• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

I can't believe the insanity I am seeing. People saying the Eagles should give Bradford $18-19m a year. Dude should get $12-13m, maybe $15m at the absolute max.

You have it backwards. The market, not necessarily his play, and his potential dictates his value. Look at the deals Curry, Lane, and Ertz just got. They got paid much more than their actual play merited, but its cause they are young, have tons of potential to improve, and because the cap and market is going to up. In the end the Eagles paid them starter money NOW but in a year or 2 they will be underpaid by new league standards.

We heard it as soon as the season ended - a long term deal with him would be in the range of 16-19m per year. Do I think he deserves that much? No. Do I think of him as highly as say YH or Squicken? Nope.

But that is fair market value for him and really considering how well the Eagles have managed their cap and how easily it can be adjusted, raised, and deals "restructured", I really don't give a shit about how much they pay him.

I am interested in if they value him as a franchise QB and thus want him back. That is the major decision of this new but old Pederson/Howie regime. What is the direction?

It will tell so much about what they think of Bradford, their realistic goals for the next 5 seasons, and how they then approach FA and the draft. The money should not worry us the fans. Howie at least knows how to manage that well and not butcher the salary cap situation. If they want Bradford (and of course if he wants to be back), they can make it work and still get deals done for other players.

I'd be fine if they brought him back but more so cause then they would be going into a win now mode rather than a complete rebuild which is painful to sit through.

I'd believe in this team with Bradford at QB if they majorly upgraded the Guards, added a vet WR not named Miles Austin, and continued to improve the secondary.

Sign Bradford, try to find the next Russell Wilson with one of the third round picks. Keep drafting QBs until you find an upgrade. Unless you want on the HoyerTrain

Yup. That would be ideal.

Re-sign Bradford, take the BPA available at 13, and then draft a QB or 2 in later rounds to develop. Truth is this class of QB is only getting propped up cause QBs always do but there is no sure thing in this draft. Heck there never is a sure thing especially with rookie QBs but this draft seems especially week.

Plus forget that Howie is running the show, the real worry is he sat a year out and wasn't scouting. The Eagles lost Gamble, Chip, and Ed. Actual football guys who had been scouting.

Howie couldn't hire a new personnel guy and is been out of it for a year. Tom Donaoe, ex Steelers executive, was supposed to be only consulting and working on a post retirement part time basis but now is forced to be handling day to day operations for the FO. Not only does this FO lack talented scout talent, it lacks people overall. No one is really left except for a bunch of internal guys loyal to Howie. Is this the group Eagles fans really want running the draft and possibly picking a franchise QB at 13?

Safer bet is to roll with Bradford, keep drafting guys, and then if you still finish bottom 5, hopefully a more sure thing QB is available to draft.

RBH

KfZdJfL.jpg

Howie saying everything with Bradford so far is positive, that Eagles have space for both him and Cox. Howie is making a lot of men rich this offseason.

You have it backwards. The market, not necessarily his play, and his potential dictates his value. Look at the deals Curry, Lane, and Ertz just got. They got paid much more than their actual play merited, but its cause they are young, have tons of potential to improve, and because the cap and market is going to up. In the end the Eagles paid them starter money NOW but in a year or 2 they will be underpaid by new league standards.

We heard it as soon as the season ended - a long term deal with him would be in the range of 16-19m per year. Do I think he deserves that much? No. Do I think of him as highly as say YH or Squicken? Nope.

But that is fair market value for him and really considering how well the Eagles have managed their cap and how easily it can be adjusted, raised, and deals "restructured", I really don't give a shit about how much they pay him.

I am interested in if they value him as a franchise QB and thus want him back. That is the major decision of this new but old Pederson/Howie regime. What is the direction?

It will tell so much about what they think of Bradford, their realistic goals for the next 5 seasons, and how they then approach FA and the draft. The money should not worry us the fans. Howie at least knows how to manage that well and not butcher the salary cap situation. If they want Bradford (and of course if he wants to be back), they can make it work and still get deals done for other players.

I'd be fine if they brought him back but more so cause then they would be going into a win now mode rather than a complete rebuild which is painful to sit through.

I'd believe in this team with Bradford at QB if they majorly upgraded the Guards, added a vet WR not named Miles Austin, and continued to improve the secondary.

Yup. That would be ideal.

Re-sign Bradford, take the BPA available at 13, and then draft a QB or 2 in later rounds to develop. Truth is this class of QB is only getting propped up cause QBs always do but there is no sure thing in this draft. Heck there never is a sure thing especially with rookie QBs but this draft seems especially week.

Plus forget that Howie is running the show, the real worry is he sat a year out and wasn't scouting. The Eagles lost Gamble, Chip, and Ed. Actual football guys who had been scouting.

Howie couldn't hire a new personnel guy and is been out of it for a year. Tom Donaoe, ex Steelers executive, was supposed to be only consulting and working on a post retirement part time basis but now is forced to be handling day to day operations for the FO. Not only does this FO lack talented scout talent, it lacks people overall. No one is really left except for a bunch of internal guys loyal to Howie. Is this the group Eagles fans really want running the draft and possibly picking a franchise QB at 13?

Safer bet is to roll with Bradford, keep drafting guys, and then if you still finish bottom 5, hopefully a more sure thing QB is available to draft.

It really amazes me that they dont even have a director of college scouting still.

Howie saying everything with Bradford so far is positive, that Eagles have space for both him and Cox. Howie is making a lot of men rich this offseason.

I really like Curry and I think he can be good in the right system, but my god did he get paid for a guy coming off a 2 sack season. Howie better pray that all these guys develop into big time players.

DO YOU?

I dunno

We have Wake, he's cool....Jones?....Suh....Our WRs are pretty good, Miller will have an amazing year
with the cowboys ;_;
Tannehill is better than whatever garbage you have a QB...our punter is good too....so yeah probably not.

Still fuck Mech...we cool tho dega, gotta stick together as the only non black posters here.

Eight years ago today, ELI slayed the Patriots for the first time and became an American Hero.

127185-004-E9662D67.jpg

Let's relive the moments of joy.

Eli to Tyree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxiHMIM4NWI

Eli to Plax for the game winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10h0YTmxjQ

..one of my favorite plays of the game (The Alford sack of Brady):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkHOkzACRX0

I could dedicate a whole post to the display of domination Tuck, Osi and Strahan put on the Pats O-line.

We can have our own probowl events!

Ping-pong
Booty watching
Old man rebounding competition
Who can eat a bite of spin's cooking
Kick gata in the nuts

Let's make this happen, people!

Yes! Greg can bring the wings, Sanjuro the Pizza, I'll bring some fine west coast beer
and booty

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom