• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

CaUOwALUcAA5CJJ.jpg

Riverboat Ron out giving belly rubs, courting that Pats fan support

Spinluck

Better dresser? Better hair transplant? Better cheater? All true

Better at quarterback? No, Peyton is the all time great. If you have an all time NFL draft he goes first

All I read was I wish that the Texans had a worthwhile QB.

I wouldn't take Tammy in an all time draft unless I got Belichick as a package deal.

Crisco

Banned
I find the Von MIller/Cam Newton matchup pretty fascinating. #1 and #2 picks in the same draft, and the best overall athletes on their respective teams. Better than that, they'll be directly competing against each other, mentally and physically, in the biggest game of their lives. Also Peyton Manning vs Luke Kuechly, but they won't really be taking each other on physically, like Cam and Miller. The winners of those matchups will probably decide the game.

Brady is better than Manning.

Known fact

Brady rode the coattails of maybe the best coach ever in the NFL in a system built to his strengths, based around dinking and dunking (except when Randy Moss was there, but that doesn't count since Moss made Daunte motherfucking Culpepper look competent) and cheating. Manning took a Jim Caldwell coached team to the Super Bowl and lost because his team had no fucking idea people could onside kick whenever they wanted.

I'm not sure how this is a conversation.

Tyree catch was incomplete just ask zychi smh

You joke, but that catch probably is called incomplete in today's NFL.

That ball definitely hit the ground before he ever handed it off to the ref.

Good thing that was back when Rog was too busy throwing every black man he could out of the league for even sneezing the wrong way to fuck up the catch rule.

CaUOwALUcAA5CJJ.jpg

Riverboat Ron out giving belly rubs, courting that Pats fan support

That's a man I can support.

Better at quarterback? No, Peyton is the all time great. If you have an all time NFL draft he goes first

Our friendship is getting more damaged by the second.

Remember when we talked about Texas pool parties and cowboy hats? That's a long time ago man.

Bread

Banned
You joke, but that catch probably is called incomplete in today's NFL.

That ball definitely hit the ground before he ever handed it off to the ref.

Good thing that was back when Rog was too busy throwing every black man he could out of the league for even sneezing the wrong way to fuck up the catch rule.
Nah that catch is complete in any era

Godslay

Banned

As a pure QB?

Elway is better in every way. Stats also don't translate across eras, so you can't make statistical comparisons.

Tough as nails, rocket arm, could scramble, accurate, carried teams that had no business being in Superbowls, and was clutch as hell.

Plus he was on Home Improvement with Tim Allen. I doubt Brady has ever picked up a power tool in his life, much less be able to run a Binford 9000.

I get that you base all your arguments on rings when it comes to QBs, and that's cool.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 36m36 minutes ago
While #Panthers & #Broncos prepare for #SB50, teams doing business: #Chiefs ramping up talks with Eric Berry for an extension, for instance.

Didn't figure he'd ever make it to the FA market.

squicken

I get that you base all your arguments on rings when it comes to QBs, and that's cool.

Elway was never as accurate as the other guys. I'll trade some velocity for the accuracy. If I could take the peak of any QB, it would be Rodgers. It is absolutely insane the way he plays football. We're so used to it we don't always remember how amazing he is. Few more years and he is the GOAT

Spinluck

As a pure QB?

Elway is better in every way. Stats also don't translate across eras, so you can't make statistical comparisons.

Tough as nails, rocket arm, could scramble, accurate, carried teams that had no business being in Superbowls, and was clutch as hell.

Plus he was on Home Improvement with Tim Allen. I doubt Brady has ever picked up a power tool in his life, much less be able to run a Binford 9000.

Don't waste your time.

Brady is a special player, but holy hell did a lot of shit have to fall in place for him.

If you think he would've succeeded anywhere going in the first, then you are lost.

Crisco

Banned
For all of Manning's failures in the playoffs, I won't take anything away from his statistical accomplishments and overall impact on the way offense is played in the NFL. I mentioned this before, but the offense he ran with the Colts is basically the same as Chip's "revolution". They were no huddle, from the shotgun with a single back, redlining it for 60 minutes. Peyton had tons of TDs from simply exploiting defenders who weren't ready for the play. Running the ball was also a big part of that offense, James had a borderline HoF career with the Colts. Most modern NFL offenses aspire to be like those Colts team.

Godslay

Banned
Elway was never as accurate as the other guys. I'll trade some velocity for the accuracy. If I could take the peak of any QB, it would be Rodgers. It is absolutely insane the way he plays football. We're so used to it we don't always remember how amazing he is. Few more years and he is the GOAT

Elway was around 55% - to lower 60s in a different era. Career average of 56.9%.

Dan Marino hovered in the same percentage ranking around 57% to a couple of seasons at lower 60s. Career average of 59.4%.

Like I said it's hard to compare statistically across eras, but Elway was just as accurate as passers in his day.

Home Improvement is garbo. Greatest coach of all time Eric Mangini was on The Sopranos

https://youtu.be/0V9YZ7C88iU

Spinluck

For all of Manning's failures in the playoffs, I won't take anything away from his statistical accomplishments and overall impact on the way offense is played in the NFL. I mentioned this before, but the offense he ran with the Colts is basically the same as Chip's "revolution". They were no huddle, from the shotgun with a single back, redlining it for 60 minutes. Peyton had tons of TDs from simply exploiting defenders who weren't ready for the play. Running the ball was also a big part of that offense, James had a borderline HoF career with the Colts. Most modern NFL offenses aspire to be like those Colts team.

James was on his way to GOAT status before his injuries. The teams you speak of were in their prime 04-06, best teams the Colts have ever fielded.

Only on gaf will people debate this fact.

Anyone that understands numbers will debate that "fact". Head to head in the AFC championship game Manning in up 3-1. How can you be the goat over someone when he kicked your fucking ass 75% of the time when it mattered most?

That game in which the Broncos faced off against the Ravens in the playoff it was hurtful at the time.

Looking back on it now, it still sucks, but I admired that you were the lone voice saying why not the Ravens and that they could win it. They did, and as salty as I was at the time now I think it was a great story and a pretty damn mentally tough team. I see a lot of the Ravens in this Broncos team, and I think Kubes picked up a lot of that from Harbaugh and Ozzie. Who knows if it ends the same way as it did for the Ravens that year, but much like you did at the time I'm hoping it does.
Whoever your
fucking asshat
safety was that allowed Failco to overthrow him on a Hail Mary has hopefully been kicked out of the league and will walk the earth forever as the detritus of humanity.

Also, put me in the camp calling for a national holiday for our true American Heroes, the New York football Giants, who saved us all from the scourge of Satan.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Edgerrin fucking James "borderline HoF" and on his way to "GOAT?"

Jesus fuck, offseason NFL GAF, get your shit together. A guy who topped out at 1500 yards and 13 TDs wasn't ever sniffing Canton. He's in the Colts ring of honor and in the Hall of Pretty Damn Good, but let's tone down the ball washing on a guy that had 2 great seasons.

Bread

Banned
Anyone that understands numbers will debate that "fact". Head to head in the AFC championship game Manning in up 3-1. How can you be the goat over someone when he kicked your fucking ass 75% of the time when it mattered most?
Manning's pass rush was so impressive last week, what a player!

How can you be the goat when you are 1-2 in super bowls!?!?

Jesus fuck, offseason NFL GAF, get your shit together. A guy who topped out at 1500 yards and 13 TDs wasn't ever sniffing Canton. He's in the Colts ring of honor and in the Hall of Pretty Damn Good, but let's tone down the ball washing on a guy that had 2 great seasons.
spin was 11 when James was playing well, go easy on him!

Ffs how many of you have not tuned into breadstream

No, the only garbage I watch is Dolphins football.

He's pale as fuck and a little chubby.

So pale, chubby ginger? Damn...genetic lotto was not kind to bread.

Obviously to anyone that knows wtf they are talking about. Manning is the definition of the modern QB, you want to talk #QBWINZZ go hang out in the ESPN forums or something. Manning is without a doubt the best QB we have ever seen.

Tom Penny

Imagine if Manning could have faced Brady in more AFC championship games? Unfortunately he was too busy continuously one and doning to face him more.

cdyhybrid

Manning's pass rush was so impressive last week, what a player!

How can you be the goat when you are 1-2 in super bowls!?!?
Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that defense won Tammy his Super Bowls or are you just incapable of objectivity with the Pats?

Spinluck

He suffered an injury but many guys recovered from, and still went to the Cards and was serviceable.

Of course you probably just googled his numbers and never actually watched him play :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom