• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that defense won Tammy his Super Bowls or are you just incapable of objectivity with the Pats?
Peyton's defense won him a super bowl too. Pro tip: every qb's defense won them a super bowl, even your man Russ!

Spinluck

Mike_Widerright.jpg

He was a dunkard and formerly the most accurate kicker in history. Not everyone is born to be Adam V. I'm glad you think alcoholism is a joke though you piece of shit.

Bread

Banned
I know, so why do you hold it against Peyton and not Tammy?
I never said Tom carried the Pats to a super bowl. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in yankee's logic that the GOAT would never have a poor record against another guy in the playoffs.

Afternoon everyone. Ric Flair hates Ohio State... Well.. That one is sad. Because if you like Michigan, you're basically ok with racism and are just an asshole.

The reality next year...

jobsxpjga.jpg

:jnc

I'm taking Elway.

Obvious homer pick, but he's better than Brady, Cam, Flacco, Tyrod, etc.

But worse teeth.

Home Improvement is garbo. Greatest coach of all time Eric Mangini was on The Sopranos
Why do you say horrible things Gobias.. You've been on a streak lately and if you keep it up, you'll get knocked down to Line tier with bad opinions.

cdyhybrid

I never said Tom carried the Pats to a super bowl. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in yankee's logic that the GOAT would never have a poor record against another guy in the playoffs.
Well yeah, winz is a stupid stat in general. Doesn't stop people from responding to stuff with "Tommy won four rings lololol" though.

Tom Penny

Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that defense won Tammy his Super Bowls or are you just incapable of objectivity with the Pats?
Not sure if Brady can ever stack up to throwing 3 TD's and 7 INT like Manning did for his 1st SB and potentially being Trent Dilfer this year.

Bread

Banned
Well yeah, winz is a stupid stat in general. Doesn't stop people from responding to stuff with "Tommy won four rings lololol" though.
Winning and playing well at the highest level means something. Brady led the Pats from down 10 in the 4th quarter against the best defense in the league last year, sorry brah!

Biolink

Kaepernick is an absolute madman. Chip Kelly might be his last best shot and giving the NFL starting QB thing a shot. Who is gonna take on his salary.

Maybe St. Louis, but I can't see that working out because trades with division opponents are a bad idea.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He suffered an injury but many guys recovered from, and still went to the Cards and was serviceable.

Of course you probably just googled his numbers and never actually watched him play :p

No, I watched him play. He was good. But "GOAT?" "Borderline HoF?" Come on, son. Sure, I had to Google his numbers to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, but nope, still only had 2 great seasons and the rest were whatever. He was your hometown homie, nothing more.

Godslay

Banned
Whoever your
fucking asshat
safety was that allowed Failco to overthrow him on a Hail Mary has hopefully been kicked out of the league and will walk the earth forever as the detritus of humanity.

Also, put me in the camp calling for a national holiday for our true American Heroes, the New York football Giants, who saved us all from the scourge of Satan.

Moore should have been executed at the 50 yard line after the game.

It would have saved Mech and I some heartbreak.

Crisco

Banned
Kaepernick is an absolute madman. Chip Kelly might be his last best shot and giving the NFL starting QB thing a shot. Who is gonna take on his salary.

Maybe St. Louis, but I can't see that working out because trades with division opponents are a bad idea.

We're all assuming that Kelly wanted Kaepernick, but maybe the plan all along was to draft his ideal franchise QB with the 7th pick (or trade up). That's a bad situation for any QB, he'll have the shortest possible leash. Kaep needs to go somewhere that will give him a chance to fuck up while he learns to take on more offensive responsibility.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Article title is a bit of a reach but speaks to the continuity Cam has had with his former QB coach, and OC Mike Shula:

Cam Newton's secret weapon, and what it has to do with the Detroit Lions

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Cam Newton has a big arm. He has powerful legs.

The Carolina Panthers quarterback has all the tools to find the end zone — which he's done more than anyone else in the league this year — and a nifty pair of dancing shoes for when he gets there.

But Newton's always had those tools. He hasn't always had success. At least not like this.

So what's been the difference? What's suddenly turned him into a frontrunner for MVP? The impetus for a Super Bowl run?

"I think a secret weapon that I've had since Day 1 for me," Newton said, "has been Mike Shula."

Or, more specifically, it has been five years of working with Mike Shula, first as his quarterback coach and now as his offensive coordinator, despite going through a GM change in 2013.

This is a lesson for the Detroit Lions, and a blueprint they apparently hope to follow.

Detroit has overhauled its front office this offseason, after yet another disappointing finish in 2015. The club has made the playoffs just twice in the past 16 years, hasn't won a playoff game in 24 years and has never advanced to the Super Bowl.

The Panthers, which have existed for 21 years, will play in their second on Sunday when they face the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50.

That's a bit unorthodox. Most new GMs like to bring in their own guys, but Quinn sensed he can work with Caldwell, and chose to preserve some continuity after the club's 6-2 finish last season.

It is a show of patience that is rare in today's NFL. But it is one that the Panthers have shown can pay off handsomely.

After starting 1-5 in 2012, Carolina fired general manager Marty Hurney and eventually replaced him with Dave Gettleman. And while Gettleman imported some new people and philosophies, he elected to leave coach Ron Rivera and much of the staff in place.

Stafford has already played in two schemes for three coordinators, and would have been on his third/fourth had Detroit gone in another direction. But staying the course with Caldwell, and now the quarterback-coach-turned-coordinator Jim Bob Cooter — the same path Shula took in his mentorship of Newton — gives him the opportunity to enjoy the comforts of continuity

He's already shown he can be productive under Cooter, too, completing 70 percent of his passes during a red-hot second half last season. He threw 19 touchdowns and just two interceptions during that stretch.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ret_weapon_and.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Slow Lions news day yet again, but another article on Mlive has Peyton singing Jim Bob's praises and how he helped him get into the NFL as an assistant. We've got out two great Assistant coaches coming back who in all likelihood will be Head Coaches in the next few years.

Spinluck

No, I watched him play. He was good. But "GOAT?" "Borderline HoF?" Come on, son. Sure, I had to Google his numbers to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, but nope, still only had 2 great seasons and the rest were whatever. He was your hometown homie, nothing more.

Edge being on track to be the GOAT is classic spinfuckery.

When I say GOAT status I mean all time great.

Which I believe he would have been playing in that offense. He's no Joseph Addai though!!

MechDX

Moore should have been executed at the 50 yard line after the game.

It would have saved Mech and I some heartbreak.

God he is just soooo bad. Doesn't want ANY physical contact. Texans replaced him with a street FA and converted CB and finished #3 in total defense.

cdyhybrid

Brady made his team look foolish yet he remains so objective. Amazing really.
Some of us are capable of that. Just not Pats fans, apparently.

Keep ignoring that your defense allowed Brady to make that comeback, maybe mind will prevail over matter one day.

Godslay

Banned
God he is just soooo bad. Doesn't want ANY physical contact. Texans replaced him with a street FA and converted CB and finished #3 in total defense.

He was advertised as a ballhawk. Wasn't one. Some current Broncos mentioned that they've had to worry less about certain safeties taking bad angles this year and communication has improved since he's been gone. Plus we didn't have to see that stupid Rahim "The Dream" Moore intro.

He was a nice enough guy though, funny too. Darian Stewart is a massive upgrade, and I'm sure whatever guy you picked up off the street did a better job. I love some of Elway's draft picks, but those 2nd/3rd round picks seem to haunt him for some reason.

Tom Penny

Lets throw out pey pey greatness at one and doning. On all 4 runs to the SB Manning currently has 16 td 12 INT currently 1-2. On 6 SB runs Brady had 35 TD and 14 INT 4-2. Brady threw more TDs in his last 2B runs and fewer picks than manning in 4 lol

Bread

Banned
Lets throw out pey pey greatness at one and doning. On all 4 runs to the SB Manning currently has 16 td 12 INT currently 1-2. On 6 SB runs Brady had 35 TD and 14 INT 4-2. Brady threw more TDs in his last 2B runs and fewer picks than manning in 4 lol
don't be subjective with your stats

Heard bruce arians on a local show say that if he was playing Carolina this week again, he wouldn't change any gameplan and they would win. Lol stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom