• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I just want to get my use out of it before you squicken to some other team with a shit receiver that you inexplicably take up for.

Thats not fair. Shane was new to the league and randomly picked the Seahawks his first year and they won the Super Bowl. Picked a different team who wasnt very good at the time to get a different experience and has stuck with them.

Who would have tought a fan would stick up for a player on their team of choice? Well at least if your teams fanbase isnt a bunch of whiny ass, privileged fucks that is.

Again, thanks for the wonderful insight.

Anytime!

Thats not fair. Shane was new to the league and randomly picked the Seahawks his first year and they won the Super Bowl. Picked a different team who wasnt very good at the time to get a different experience and has stuck with them.

Who would have tought a fan would stick up for a player on their team of choice? Well at least if your teams fanbase isnt a bunch of whiny ass, privileged fucks that is.

Chiefs had just gotten rid of Bowe after the season in which he didn't catch one touchdown pass for them. Shitting on him for taking up for him after that is unfair?

LJ11

Jerry Hughes and bunch of vets and young players if Williams is cut. But it has to be done.

For some reason I thought Taylor was a one year deal. Looking at the cap, the Bills can save 17.5 million by cutting Mario, Carpenter, and Leodis. Cordy Glenn getting top 10 LT money. Can they bring back both Incognito and Glenn?

Taylor actually signed a 3 year deal, but the 3rd year was void depending on reps/snaps, blew by that number.

Going to be tough to do both I think, but you never know. Gilmore needs to be resigned next season too. Really important draft for the Bills. McCoy's a fine player, but a luxury item they won't be able to afford.

Godslay

Banned
I believe they only resulted in a field goal.

It resulted in a TD.

Manning played better than a lot of people think. DT was dropping every thing, and Sanders slowed up on a sure TD. It's the best game I've seen out of Manning all season to be honest. He was missing throws up the middle, specifically in the redzone. That pass to Norwood over the top should've been a TD, definitely missed that throw. But he showed touch on the outside flying duck to Owen Daniels, so it's not like he's completely lost it.

Thing is Pats weren't doing a whole lot to bother him. Yeah they got a few sacks on instant pressure due to blown assignments and lol pass pro, but that's about it. If Panthers bring it consistenly, it's a blowout for sure.

His best game this year was the GB imo. GB did some wonky stuff in that game though.

MechDX

ReflectingHotCrayfish.gif

Thats muh Qb?

bionic77

why do you keep saying this
Because I believe at least 2 Pats fans were reminiscing about how Brady used to make the throws Rodgers did at the end of the Cardinals game.

Throws I am not sure anyone else in NFL history has ever made before and throws that only a lunatic or Pats fan could claim that Brady was ever capable of making.

Caja 117

If Im going to have a question mark on BB decisions yesterday is going to be on not kicking the ball at the start of the game, basically going out of script.

I don't care what anyone says, Chris Wesseling is a fucking twat, can't stand that prick. Brady had shots to win that game, his deepball isn't what it was, hard to blame White. The margin is small.

At least Brady hit Gronk on that 4th down, great throw. Gronk split the double, yeah Denver was shallow, but it was near the end of the game and he had to rip through the coverage even if he wasn't really jammed at the line.
Yeah, it's amazing how whenever Brady loses the narrative is about how the team let him down. His pass blocking sucked, yes. He had no running game, yes. Those are conditions we Dolphins fans call "any given Sunday." The defense kept them in the game and gave Brady and co. plenty of chances to win it and he couldn't get it done. Obviously all of the blame doesn't fall on him but let's stop pretending like none of it does.

Wesseling is a closet Pats fan, he was insufferable during the deflategate stuff.

Brady was Brady, just got killed by a shitty oline not protecting him, SHOOK basically

Von jumped instantly on a lot of snaps, dat home field advantage causing signals to be exposed

squicken

Thing is Pats weren't doing a whole lot to bother him. Yeah they got a few sacks on instant pressure due to blown assignments and lol pass pro, but that's about it. If Panthers bring it consistenly, it's a blowout for sure.

What I thought Peyton did, and this really isn't something that's a compliment, is he stopped throwing panic INTs. Denver's OL is bad. Not NE bad but still bad, and they give up lots of instant pressure. Instead of throwing awful INTs he is now taking awful sacks. Like he is sprinting to get outside the tackle box but can't get there. He should just Brady it and throw it at the ground somewhere near a Pats receiver

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Oh shit. Free chic-fil-a on campus!

Gronk was also limping and they doubled him all quarter. Only because the pass was so terrible on the 4th down td could gronk make a play on the ball. Single man across the board with gronk probably doubled, you better hope your first read could beat the coverage off the ball because the Pats oline wasn't stopping a blessed thing.

Don't care. Still should have been the first read. Instead, just like this post, it was an over thought out play.

That game was probably the worst game plan I've seen Belichick put together in a playoff game. On offense, knew they were going to have trouble blocking the edges, but they let Brady get smoked repeatedly. On defense, sold out against the run but had Collins left on an island against better receivers. The defense got adjusted, but they just assumed that the offense would do enough without help. Almost did, which is a testament to Brady for hanging in there.

Was this yesterday? If so, bravo, Broncos fans.

U9gasiv.jpg

EDIT: I see the guy in the Colts sweatshirt, so nevermind. But still, a nice pic. Good message.

Spinluck

I can't give Manning any credit for the game yesterday.

That is a disservice to Denver's defense which won the game on its own.

It is amazing that they stopped New England almost the entire second half despite their offense doing jack shit.

Their offense did jack shit, but they scored enough to win. All that matters. But yeah, defense won them the game no doubt.

squicken

Matt Lombardo ‏@MattLombardo975
Ertz: Sam Bradford is excited. I know he wants to be back in Philadelphia. Jordan and I want to play w/him but it's a business. #Eagles

Furyous

Confession: I root for the Browns not because I love them but because my family would disown me and my great grandmother would turn in her grave if I ever dropped them.

Every time I bring out the Browns being terrible to my father he resorts to his old. "You young fans just don't know anything. You know the Browns used to be the greatest football team of all time and win ALL the championships?" argument.

Because the Browns being good over 50 years ago actually means anything to someone who is 28.

I've been a fan of this team since I was born. Terrible is a subjective term and you need optimism. Relative to our division of course we'd have a difficult time. We trotted out Darren Chiaverini and gotdamn Tim Couch to begin our new era in a division with elite defenses and solid commendable QBs. One team has to underperform in a division with three perennial playoff teams. Sucks it has to be us but that's life.

I would like to take a moment to vent about the Dolphins offensive line. Per PFF:

31. Miami Dolphins (32nd)
Pass-blocking rank: 29th

Run-blocking rank: 32nd

Penalties rank: 25th

Stud: While Mike Pouncey is the best of this bunch, he didn’t even need to have anything close to his best year to be the stud here.

Dud: Is it time to call an end to the Dallas Thomas experiment? He graded worse in 2015 than he did in 2014, and struggled whenever faced with semi-decent opposition.

Summary: On the plus side, they moved up a spot. But that was due more to the Chargers being that bad, rather than Miami getting better. Given how much money and how many high draft picks the team has spent, it has to be considered a monumental failure that they produce as badly as they do.
How can anyone evaluate Tannehill when he has to deal with this and a bottom 10 defense?

On another note, the Dolphins have spent so many draft picks on O-linemen and they still find themselves in this position. Garbage talent + garbage coaching = garbage results.

Tom Penny

Oh shit. Free chic-fil-a on campus!

Don't care. Still should have been the first read. Instead, just like this post, it was an over thought out play.

That game was probably the worst game plan I've seen Belichick put together in a playoff game. On offense, knew they were going to have trouble blocking the edges, but they let Brady get smoked repeatedly. On defense, sold out against the run but had Collins left on an island against better receivers. The defense got adjusted, but they just assumed that the offense would do enough without help. Almost did, which is a testament to Brady for hanging in there.
Defense was fine better than that since they kept them in the game. Brady and the offense were bad. Having a RB block was certainly something I Was expecting after the 10th or so hit.. Oh well.

bionic77

What QB plays well under constant pressure?
Ben and Newton are able to handle it like men. There is some crazy stat that Ben completes more than half of his passes while being hit.

Rodgers also used to be able to do it before he went all in on Munn.

Its not that usual for elite qb's. That is why they are not system quarterbacks. They can make it work regardless of the defense, their teammates or the offense they are playing in.

I would like to take a moment to vent about the Dolphins offensive line. Per PFF:

How can anyone evaluate Tannehill when he has to deal with this and a bottom 10 defense?

On another note, the Dolphins have spent so many draft picks on O-linemen and they still find themselves in this position. Garbage talent + garbage coaching = garbage results.

No no, Tannehill just sucks, Philbin wasn't the problem, it's not like he ever coached an offense line or anything...

Matt Lombardo ‏@MattLombardo975
Ertz: Sam Bradford is excited. I know he wants to be back in Philadelphia. Jordan and I want to play w/him but it's a business. #Eagles

Please please please bring Sam back. I dont ask for much in life, but I have already had to deal with losing a great HC. I would hate to lose such a good QB in the same offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom