• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
bell_td_q2.0.gif

BigAT

It's Thursday, isn't it?

"But if Tennessee wants, it could trade the No. 1 overall pick to Cleveland (No. 2), San Diego (No. 3), Dallas (No. 4), San Francisco (No. 7) or any team looking to leapfrog the others to draft a quarterback. Cleveland has been in this position before, trying to go up one spot to secure the player it wants. Back in the 2012 draft, Cleveland traded multiple picks to Minnesota to move up one spot, from No. 4 to No. 3, to secure the draft rights to Alabama running back Trent Richardson. The Browns were worried that the Buccaneers wanted Richardson at No. 5. But former Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik confirmed Richardson never was an option, and so the Browns gave away picks for nothing."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14709420/five-biggest-nfl-offseason-storylines

It's Thursday, isn't it?

"But if Tennessee wants, it could trade the No. 1 overall pick to Cleveland (No. 2), San Diego (No. 3), Dallas (No. 4), San Francisco (No. 7) or any team looking to leapfrog the others to draft a quarterback. Cleveland has been in this position before, trying to go up one spot to secure the player it wants. Back in the 2012 draft, Cleveland traded multiple picks to Minnesota to move up one spot, from No. 4 to No. 3, to secure the draft rights to Alabama running back Trent Richardson. The Browns were worried that the Buccaneers wanted Richardson at No. 5. But former Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik confirmed Richardson never was an option, and so the Browns gave away picks for nothing."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14709420/five-biggest-nfl-offseason-storylines
And that's another reason why Indy won the Richardson trade..

Fuck

eznark

Banned
Scott Kacsmar is being called a racist for a 2012 article in which he says Cam is "more Scam than Superman."

Forget the fact that up until October of this year that was entirely true, people are claiming that "scam" is a racial slur.

Which also led me to listen to Bomani Jones call Newton "blackety black" which I deeply love and cannot wait until Cam names his second child this.

Cornball Brother v. Blackety Black will be a battle for the ages next year.

It was interesting to note that in Bomani's eyes, Colin Kaepernick is no longer Black. He has fallen to the ranks of Russell Wilson in terms of blackitude.

In other fun accusations of racism news, Paul Noonan, the Packers writer, is being accused of being a racist for his criticisms of John Kuhn.

Internet!

squicken

Scott Kacsmar
Internet!
I'm not the biggest fan of his 4QC and GWD stuff. I generally think he is a little too QB focused for his own good. But Scott is and always will be a hero for shining a light on all the bs surrounding the Patriots and Tom Brady.

eznark

Banned
Newton has only been as good as Wilson since about October of this year. Wilson has been doing it for a few years. I'd still take Wilson but if Newton plays like he has for the past couple months to start 2016, then shit he's the much better option.

The problem I have with believing the turnaround is that there is really no reason for it. He's just suddenly making better decisions all around and not airmailing as many balls. But when you look at film, it's not like its a technique issue or anything.

Watch Newton against the Packers (one of his worst games this year in terms of erratic passes) then watch him against Tampa. It's night and day despite there being no evident reason.

ESPN's NFC North guy Seifert wrote a good article on it before the playoffs starts. It's a mystery to everybody. But if he has truly figured it out....that's frightening for the NFC because he should make another giant leap this off-season.

Respect

Hot Fuzz is fantastic and so is Shaun of the Dead. World' End was a huge end however. Complete letdown

Forgot about Shaun of the dead...that one was great too, I haven't seen that one in a while though. I still haven't seen World's End, but that is what I have consistently heard about it...was excited, but everyone who saw it said it was a big letdown.

squicken

If they were to switch teams, they're probably at similar points in their careers success-wise.

It's not like it's some incredibly controversial opinion to take Cam over Wilson.

Like ez said, if he plays the way he has the past two months then he's the best player in football. I generally think he's really benefiting from some streakiness as a passer and good health /performance from his OL. But if this continues into next year then it's just the new order of things

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
Texans and raiders expected to play n Mexico City next season.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Owner Bob McNair told league he wants to play road game in Mexico City and Raiders are a natural.

Shocked!

and 11% said Watt... really? REALLY?

sorry Mech

People are so used to him most are forgetting how great a career he is having. His level of play on the defensive side of the ball is on a level that hasnt been seen for years.

Read a post somewhere this past week when they were discussing DPOTY and someone mentioned how Watt is just being so dominant is making people numb to what he is doing and expecting his gawdy stats. When you sit back and look at it it is truly amazing

Spinluck

Cam has improved for sure, but his main thing is how much he improves the running game. He's such a liability on the ground that he doesn't really have to be an elite passer to carry his team.

And when he does pass, he doesn't turn it over and he has great protection for the most part. He's also more accurate than before and makes some killer throws, despite the middle of the line completion % I think it's been an impressive year. Passed the eye test for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom